Now that hopefully KG is set can we discuss the turnover machine that is Ray Allen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Now that hopefully KG is set can we discuss the turnover machine that is Ray Allen

The only reason Ray is turning the ball over is because Bradley is playing with him in the 2nd qtr.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Now that hopefully KG is set can we discuss the turnover machine that is Ray Allen

This what happens where the point guard is hurt.  He is not getting the ball in his sweet spot and is forced to create and he creates a turnover more times than not. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jalen,
    There is a problem, no Rondo. Watch what happens when he gets back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Now that hopefully KG is set can we discuss the turnover machine that is Ray Allen:
    The only reason Ray is turning the ball over is because Bradley is playing with him in the 2nd qtr.
    Posted by P34

Oh i would like to see Bradley get more playing time and run the offense.  I think he is a really good player.  Just hasn't had enough chances.  (cough cough)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rays problems with the ball have NOTHING to do with Rondo being out. Ray is a terrible dribbler and awful passer anywhere near traffic. Been that was for some time. I started a thread about this about a month ago and everyone got all upset.

Hey, open your eyes..Rays almost as bad as TA was. He dribbles into the corner...then the baseline and constantly gets stuck...throws it awat.. makes lots or careless passes and can absolutely not handle the ball anywhere near traffic.

Rays a huge part of the Celtic success but he should be the guy receiving passes for shots... not the other way around.  Watch him over a several game stretch and it will be clear. Hes good in a 1on1 situation... with a side cleared out... but generally speaking, I wouldnt love to see him run away from the ball and/or give it up fast to someone else.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Pierce has the same problem when he's asked to create more of his own offense.  Allen is having his best year in a Celtics uniform to date.  All this should just prove to anyone who thinks that Rondo is not a great point guard just how difficult it is to have the ball and distribute it and have low turnovers.  Although, just to knock Rondo since I brought him up, his turnovers are actually up - and believe it or not his free throw percentage has dropped so far this year a great deal down into the 40% range.

Sections
Shortcuts