Now THAT is what I'm talking about- rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Now THAT is what I'm talking about- rondo

yep, this is the game that we needed from him.  as much as carmallo killed us, rondo killed them twice as hard- between 9 and 11 of rondo's field goals involved rest time for our aged 3 and bewilderment for the knicks.  at least when caremelo went off, he was earning it and nothing was easy. 

didn't really like some of the lebron-esque touch calls, but i guess the refs have their inititative from stern to keep it close.  parity i think is the word.  just like tolerance and political correctness everywhere else in the world.  stern wants parity..

but the knicks played wuss defense in transition and rondo took what was there.  it was excellent.  i don't care that he shot all layups.  i don't care he shot 4-7 FT's, it was good enough, in fact, it was great.

now if we could get something MORE from the bench.  davis was good on D and the boards and they didn't look for him much on offense, but green came into the game LOST at one point and picked up way too many quick fouls and looked like a sissy in the paint two or three times.  we just need more independence and lead-keeping from the bench, fast. 

we might well get past the knicks with a lousy bench that can't hold a lead, but not much further down the road.  i don't get why west and green can't run like rondo did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Now THAT is what I'm talking about- rondo

NBA officiating is an absolute sham and it ruins the sport.

Rondo was great.

He'd have had the 11-12 assists I also require of him if KG, Green and Pierce didn't miss 26 shots.

I'd like this from him EVERY night.

I'd give up 4-5 layups if he made 1-2 more FT's (was 4-7) and 2 more outside shots.

25 points with inspiring confidence building outside shooting and FT shooting... plus another 5 assists and i'm all about Rajon.

for now, Just a great game. but it was againt tony Douglas. who also lit us up w/ 3's. Of course we had to play against the refs as well. Ugh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Now THAT is what I'm talking about- rondo:
    NBA officiating is an absolute sham and it ruins the sport. Rondo was great. He'd have had the 11-12 assists I also require of him if KG, Green and Pierce didn't miss 26 shots. I'd like this from him EVERY night. I'd give up 4-5 layups if he made 1-2 more FT's (was 4-7) and 2 more outside shots. 25 points with inspiring confidence building outside shooting and FT shooting... plus another 5 assists and i'm all about Rajon. for now, Just a great game. but it was againt tony Douglas. who also lit us up w/ 3's. Of course we had to play against the refs as well. Ugh.
    Posted by rameakap

well, a broken clock is right twice a day.  douglas was 2-13 and doing a perfect helen keller before he hit those couple of 3's toward the end.  more a tribute to poor perimeter D by us than good shooting by him. 

if someone was close enough he would have made a mark in his pants and missed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Yup good summary.  rondo was awesome.  don't think the knicks are going to let him get to the hoop so easily in NYC...  but Pierce is bound to have a good game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Yup good summary.  rondo was awesome.  don't think the knicks are going to let him get to the hoop so easily in NYC...  but Pierce is bound to have a good game.
    Posted by Eldunker

well, it is a d'antoni coached team.  they're (PHO / NYK) known for turnstile defense and should be probed at every opportunity to see if they'll fall open like a cheap suitcase.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Now THAT is what I'm talking about- rondo:

yep, this is the game that we needed from him.  as much as carmallo killed us, rondo killed them twice as hard- between 9 and 11 of rondo's field goals involved rest time for our aged 3 and bewilderment for the knicks.  at least when caremelo went off, he was earning it and nothing was easy.  didn't really like some of the lebron-esque touch calls, but i guess the refs have their inititative from stern to keep it close.  parity i think is the word.  just like tolerance and political correctness everywhere else in the world.  stern wants parity.. but the knicks played wuss defense in transition and rondo took what was there.  it was excellent.  i don't care that he shot all layups.  i don't care he shot 4-7 FT's, it was good enough, in fact, it was great. now if we could get something MORE from the bench.  davis was good on D and the boards and they didn't look for him much on offense, but green came into the game LOST at one point and picked up way too many quick fouls and looked like a sissy in the paint two or three times.  we just need more independence and lead-keeping from the bench, fast.  we might well get past the knicks with a lousy bench that can't hold a lead, but not much further down the road.  i don't get why west and green can't run like rondo did.

Posted by aciemvp

-
    You can say that again, Acie . . . and again and again.

Great post.  Great points.  Well said, my friend.

Up 2 - 0, and we really haven't started playing "Celtic Basketball" yet!

Go C's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

are you guys really surprised?

rondo turns it on in the playoffs every year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

are you guys really surprised? rondo turns it on in the playoffs every year
    Posted by teh-n00b

I don't think many expected Rondo to be playing this well for whatever reason. 

Rondo does it year in and year out come postseason time. He would have had more assists if Paul, and KGs game was more on. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Kudos to Rajon tonight. His aggressiveness in the first set the tone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

I especially liked the possession where rondo worked douglas in the post, an element of his game that he can exploit on just about any pg. He was tenacious tonight and locked in, which was great to see going forward. Pierce is going to play his best ball in msg, with the bright lights of broadway and the haters going at him. It's going to be a fun couple of games in nyc.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

He said Douglas was backing off of him so he took advantage of that ... NICE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

My favorite stat for rondo tonight was 23, as in attempts. He HAS to be relentless attacking the rim, he needs to make opposing teams defend him, when they sit back and beg him to shoot he needs to STILL drive it , he should also be using his floater more. On EVERY rebound,steal,block etc he needs to push the ball all the way to the hoop if the defense gets back fine, but most of the time he can go coast to coast and get an ez bucket.
    When rondo FORCES the action hes an excellent player, when he allows the defense to dictate what he does hes easily contained.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

are you guys really surprised? rondo turns it on in the playoffs every year
    Posted by teh-n00b

i'm not sure surprised.  but legitimately concerned after watching his most passive and worst shooting season of his five as a pro. 

if he actually faced down his shooting demons in the regular season instead of avoiding them, who knows how good this kid could be.  probably the best.  open jumpers are easy to can with anyone with a scintilla of ability who has put in their work.

so after watching rondo slide in all aspects of scoring and aggressiveness this year, i was quite concerned as to what the playoffs would bring.  think of the homecourt advantage we would have right now if he was this player tonight all the time like he could be. 

personally, i am not a fan of playing possum, no matter what the reason.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

He said Douglas was backing off of him so he took advantage of that ... NICE
    Posted by KGLove

gee, i sure wish he did that all the time.  the more rondo scored, the more he'd be confident with shooting of any sort.  and i'm not talking starving the big 3 in doing so.  it's just common sense.  instead of stark avoidance of his duties to be functional scoring-wise for the regular season, he should have a consistent effort. 

then playoffs excellence would be automatic and long lasting, instead of hit or miss like it has been the past two years.  he's had some great games followed by some bad ones as soon as he hit the skids at the charity stripe.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo had a big game last night. When hes pressuring defenses like that, makes life easier for everyone...  question has always been, why doesnt he do that every game?

He didnt in game 1... if its cause he played against Douglas, a second unit guy, then wel....

Chauncey cant stay with Rondo when hes running in transition.. so I dont see why he cant keep it up.. lets hope he does

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo had a great game lat night, but I don't see Miami and especially the
    Bulls and Lakers letting him get to the hoop for easy layups.  Without his ability to penetrate, his contribution and our offense suffers greatly.  These were also home game.   We'll see if he can maintain his current level of productivity throughout the playoffs... I remain hopeful but doubtful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

glad rondo took it to douglus...also so happy the playoffs started so we can see this rondo!

Sections
Shortcuts