Now THAT'S how you send a message!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Now THAT'S how you send a message!

Finally a dominate performance from beginning to end. I was worried how they would respond but that was over in the first 3 minutes. Great focus!

I like the way Nate pushes the ball even when nothing may be there just the threat is good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Now THAT'S how you send a message!

the title alone says it all!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Most talented team I have seen at Boston in over 20 years.  Nate spreads the floor for his team.  Nate or West, Paul, Ray or West, KG, and Glen Davis would be a very good team to finish games with.  There would be no one playing center field because their man can not shoot outside.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Maybe Rondo should sit a little longer.  I was totally satisfied with the offensive performance from our PGs (scoring and assists).  We got a combined 22 points, 6 rebounds and 13 assist from the position.  I also like the defensive effort by Nate and especially Delonte.

I love Rondo and CAN wait for his return.  Yes, I can wait.  I think the team is in good hands while he heals.  We have a totally different look when defenses have to focus on our PG as a scoring threat.  It opens everyone else up to operate without a defender cheating off our PG.  And when our PGs are making shots in addition to distributing the ball, defenses are helpless to defend us.  Today, that was so evident.

We have Calderon and Devin coming up.  Get healthier Rondo, Nate and Delonte got this!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Now THAT'S how you send a message!:
    [QUOTE]We have a totally different look when defenses have to focus on our PG as a scoring threat.  It opens everyone else up to operate without a defender cheating off our PG. 
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

this is my main issue with rondo.  his lack of ability to be an equal scoring threat adds up to a lot of off score-sheet problems with the relentless sagging and doubling down. 

the question now is will doc play delonte or nate in the 4th quarter of games this year like he should, so we can have a FT competent guard on the floor.  and will this connect with rondo's massive ego that he really isn't anything if he's 3/4 of a real point guard?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

[QUOTE]... the question now is will doc play delonte or nate in the 4th quarter of games this year like he should, so we can have a FT competent guard on the floor.  and will this connect with rondo's massive ego that he really isn't anything if he's 3/4 of a real point guard?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is going to happen...I don't think Rondo's ego could handle it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, nice dominant game last night but does it offset 2 embarrassing loses to OKC & Tor??  Nope. Record is 1-2 last 3 games when it should be 3-0.

LAst time the C's blew out someone it was the Wizards... then they lost the 2 games in a row to OKC & Tor.  NJ Nets up next, lets see is the win over the Hawks follows form like it did with the Wiz

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I wouldn't get too enamored with Rondo being out. When Nate and West are hitting shots, Doc needs to stay with them instead of always looking at his substitution sheet. LOL! Nate comes out with energy and is pushing the ball. I hope Rondo sees this on the sidelines and realizes that he has to do the same thing. He walks into offense way too much.

The Lakers have more scorers but when the ball is moving for the Celtics there is no better team in the league because everyone can get you 20 pts. If I'm Doc I'm focusing this team on looking at the assist numbers rather than the volume shots for certain guys.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't get too enamored with Rondo being out. When Nate and West are hitting shots, Doc needs to stay with them instead of always looking at his substitution sheet. LOL! Nate comes out with energy and is pushing the ball. I hope Rondo sees this on the sidelines and realizes that he has to do the same thing. He walks into offense way too much. The Lakers have more scorers but when the ball is moving for the Celtics there is no better team in the league because everyone can get you 20 pts. If I'm Doc I'm focusing this team on looking at the assist numbers rather than the volume shots for certain guys.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%.

Especially going with the hot hand. Doc did alot of that last season, pulling out players that were hot to keep his normal rotation intact. When Nates game is on, you got to ride him. Hes a machine.. close to someone like a Ben Gordon/ When Gordon gets going, it dont matter who's guarding him or who's sitting on the bench, you stay with the guy... same with Nate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]Most talented team I have seen at Boston in over 20 years.  Nate spreads the floor for his team.  Nate or West, Paul, Ray or West, KG, and Glen Davis would be a very good team to finish games with.  There would be no one playing center field because their man can not shoot outside.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

In case you didn't notice the Celtics were hitting everything last night including Nate. One game does not make a point guard out of Nate. How about the loss in Toronto. In my opinion they lost the game because Rondo didn't play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe Rondo should sit a little longer.  I was totally satisfied with the offensive performance from our PGs (scoring and assists).  We got a combined 22 points, 6 rebounds and 13 assist from the position.  I also like the defensive effort by Nate and especially Delonte. I love Rondo and CAN wait for his return.  Yes, I can wait.  I think the team is in good hands while he heals.  We have a totally different look when defenses have to focus on our PG as a scoring threat.  It opens everyone else up to operate without a defender cheating off our PG.  And when our PGs are making shots in addition to distributing the ball, defenses are helpless to defend us.  Today, that was so evident. We have Calderon and Devin coming up.  Get healthier Rondo, Nate and Delonte got this!
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

In my opinion the Celtics lost the game in toronto because of poor team defense and an inability to take advantage of mismatches that were available. In short if Rondo plays they win that game. Rondo contributes so many little things that make up for not scoring 25 every night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now THAT'S how you send a message! : In case you didn't notice the Celtics were hitting everything last night including Nate. One game does not make a point guard out of Nate. How about the loss in Toronto. In my opinion they lost the game because Rondo didn't play.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

Do you realize Nate had 16 points in the first quarter vs Toronto?? We lost because the bench couldn't sustain a lead and the refs just let them hammer Shaq but Shaq couldn't hammer them and fouled out, plus we stopped going inside. It may take Rondo the entire game to get 16 points. I'm not knocking Rondo because he brings exactly what this team needs. When Nate is on the offense is pretty much unstoppable. Doc will take Nate out if he's not hitting his shots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Well, nice dominant game last night but does it offset 2 embarrassing loses to OKC & Tor??  Nope. Record is 1-2 last 3 games when it should be 3-0. LAst time the C's blew out someone it was the Wizards... then they lost the 2 games in a row to OKC & Tor.  NJ Nets up next, lets see is the win over the Hawks follows form like it did with the Wiz
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and thought of the same thing.  After a good win by this team
    they sometimes don't show up for the next game.  I am still upset about the losses to OKC and especially Toronto.  Although, I do believe that the Celtics don't win many early games.  Gary was saying that they never play well when they have these early games.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now THAT'S how you send a message! : Do you realize Nate had 16 points in the first quarter vs Toronto?? We lost because the bench couldn't sustain a lead and the refs just let them hammer Shaq but Shaq couldn't hammer them and fouled out, plus we stopped going inside. It may take Rondo the entire game to get 16 points. I'm not knocking Rondo because he brings exactly what this team needs. When Nate is on the offense is pretty much unstoppable. Doc will take Nate out if he's not hitting his shots.

See that's where you are wrong. It is not Nate's points in the first quarter that count. It is what he didn't do at the end of the game that cost the Celtics.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now THAT'S how you send a message! : Do you realize Nate had 16 points in the first quarter vs Toronto?? We lost because the bench couldn't sustain a lead and the refs just let them hammer Shaq but Shaq couldn't hammer them and fouled out, plus we stopped going inside. It may take Rondo the entire game to get 16 points. I'm not knocking Rondo because he brings exactly what this team needs. When Nate is on the offense is pretty much unstoppable. Doc will take Nate out if he's not hitting his shots.

We stopped going inside because our best play makere was on the bench.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Winning game 2 on the flipside of a back-to-back against a younger team on their home floor is a very good thing. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Great game v Hawks

Still ticked re the Raptors game

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now THAT'S how you send a message! : We stopped going inside because our best play makere was on the bench.
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]

Rondo isn't the only player that can get the ball to Shaq or go inside. They decided to shoot jumpers instead of taking it to the hoop. Going inside means points in the paint and that can come in many forms.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Offense, offense, offense?

No, it was defense, defense, defense that made the biggest difference. 77 points with 34.6% shooting by Atlanta. You don't need much offense with that score.

However, when the opponents score 102 points as they did in Toronto, no defense was played on a consistent basis.

This team will win a championship because it has the best defense and a good offense.

In addition, it will be consistent defense that determines the record for the regular season. If the starters get bored, or lose focus, there will be more losses.

Offense comes and goes, while defense can be brought every night.

Sections
Shortcuts