Nuclear Winter?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Nuclear Winter?

4500 is probably a given....7 is never going to happen.....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Two rather bizarre terms there. "Systems issues" which most people would associate with computer networks and perhaps software. And "Nuclear Winter" which is just a plain dumb expression to use to describe labour talks.

It's basketball not World War 3.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Nuclear Winter?:
    [QUOTE]Two rather bizarre terms there. "Systems issues" which most people would associate with computer networks and perhaps software. And "Nuclear Winter" which is just a plain dumb expression to use to describe labour talks. It's basketball not World War 3.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

lol exactly, the balance of the free world isn't resting on this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Fire in the hole!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pro basketball players are overpaid or very highly paid in a poor economic environment.  The players are young and not of an age or mind to be rational. This thing can't get solved unless they capitulate.  I feel bad for the fans who find this such a distraction from ordinary life.  I am one of them but the players are an inordinately powerful group like movie or television stars.  They are not that bright generally and full of ego which is a deadly combination in a situation like this.

Guys at the end of their careers will pay a real price and for that matter they all will.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Nuclear Winter?:
    [QUOTE]Two rather bizarre terms there. "Systems issues" which most people would associate with computer networks and perhaps software. And "Nuclear Winter" which is just a plain dumb expression to use to describe labour talks. It's basketball not World War 3.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Amen, sister.......but the process is a "system" of sorts.........but I get what you mean.  I still think the whole BRI thing is a scam by the owners to see how low the players will go.....they will then HAMMER them on the "system" issues, like MLE, LLE, rollbacks, amnesty clauses, hard cap.........oh, yeah, the players have ZERO leverage here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

And to think, in a normal year, by now we would all be enjoying NBA play rather than watching players/owners duking it out in public about petty $$$ issues. Tawdry!

NBA fans shouldn't have to witness real life salary disputes (for the very fortunate 1%ers) unfold before us.

What is this.... reality TV?  I'm changing the channel.

BTW, how are Kim/Kris doing? The wedding pics are unreal!

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

I think this is perfect actually.  its good for the players to get just a small taste of what the rest of the 'working world" is going through.  And before you rip the owners...keep in mind, they all put up their own finances to fund a team, the players rely on a God given talent that half of them take for granted.  Name another company on the planet where the employees make more than the owner?  These kids (yes, many of them are kids in very large men's body's) need a fat slice of humble pie.  Some of them are sweating bullets because the 3 Bentley's and gold jewely arent getting the market value they once were, so they might have to sell one of their 3 houses to "pay the bills".  Can you sense my cynicism here?

Sections
Shortcuts