Nuggests inquire about KG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

Nuggests inquire about KG

Where there is smoke there is usually fire..I wonder who the nuggest would have offered? I also wonder if the celtics are shopping KG??

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21655752/report-kevin-garnett-wont-waive-no-trade-clause-for-deal-to-denver

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Nuggests inquire about KG

In response to James37's comment:

Where there is smoke there is usually fire..I wonder who the nuggest would have offered? I also wonder if the celtics are shopping KG??

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21655752/report-kevin-garnett-wont-waive-no-trade-clause-for-deal-to-denver

I still don't believe that KG will be traded.  Danny would only do this if we get someone who will help the Celtics rebuilding process.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

KG and PP know the score.  If they play well, and the team continues to play better, this team stays intact.  If they continue at a .500 clip and someone comes in a bowls Danny over with a  trade proposal, one or both could be gone.  And they may welcome the chance at the finals as much as both have constantly reiterated their love for Boston. 

I still cannot see someone being able to put together the right mix of players and/or draft picks that would be required to get one of either KG or PP, but stranger things have happened. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I'm not sure the Nuggets could package a deal worthy of Garnett. The best deal I can think of would be McGee & Farried, but lets face it we have Melo & Sullinger. McGee is Melo +3yrs and I mean at this point Melo could out develop McGee who is limited by the rocks in his head. Farried is very interesting, a beast, a manimal, but very similar to Sullinger.

The one thing is if you cash in KG for McGee + Farried, you will get two excellent trade pieces. With two physically talented 7 footers with high potential, and two excellent high energy rebounders with high potential Danny would have the pieces for big off-season moves. Point is, it would be the perfect situation for rebuilding quickly.

However, very unlikely Nuggets part with these guys. Very, very unlikely KG agrees to go to Denver. Oh well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

~~~~~~~~~~~we don't have the key to open Ainge's brain - he's the only one!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

The question is why was KG even asked about waiving his no-trade clause?  Does it mean that this trade got some sort of Danny approval before it got to KG?   If not, why was KG even told about it?  Is there a rule that Denver cannot talk directly to KG until given permission?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I live in Denver now, have been to a couple games this year and here the chatter at the bars. The fans out here LOVE Faried. They also love Lawson. 90% of them wouldn't trade Faried for KG or Lawson for Rondo (before he got hurt) straight up.

They dislike McGee, A LOT, but also feel he'd be more successful with Rondo and Doc (and KG, who wouldn't be around in this scenario) then with George Karl and Lawson. They are fine with Koufos and Mozgov.

About the only trade I can think of that would be discussed is the KG for McGee, which works. Boston should def ask for one of Evan Fournier or Jordan Hamilton in the deal with a 1st rd pick, or both if no pick. They are solid young players blocked for PT by backups Chandler and Brewer, who are both young themselves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Other things to consider;

1. KG's no trade clause. Denver is beautiful but his home is Malibu and the Clippers have a better chance to compete

2. We'd want out of Bass's contract and Denver is actually a team that needs a more pure PF in their rotation and he'd be good in GK's system. Expanding a deal to include Bass for Mozgov and Anthony Randolph could be good for both sides.

3. KG wants to be a package with PP. The only way that gets done is if Denver gives up Iguadala. 

Obviously none if this has much chance of happening. But would you rather have McGee, Iguadala and a couple other young pieces for out two old HOFers or Jordan, Butler and Bledsoe?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

KG and PP know the score.  If they play well, and the team continues to play better, this team stays intact.  If they continue at a .500 clip and someone comes in a bowls Danny over with a  trade proposal, one or both could be gone.  And they may welcome the chance at the finals as much as both have constantly reiterated their love for Boston. 

I still cannot see someone being able to put together the right mix of players and/or draft picks that would be required to get one of either KG or PP, but stranger things have happened. 

Agreed!! IMO, KG and PP aren't interested in being traded!. We need to honor what they have contributed! Have stranger things happened..yes, but I would hope loyalty superceeds short term gains. I respect KG and PP for their long term dedication and loyalty to this team and hope management is on the same page!!!!

Otherwise even after a LONG term personal allegiance to the Celtics my dedication will also fade! T.S... If KG and/or PP want to leave I would respect their decision and I thank them for their efforts here in Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

hes only going to waive his trade clause if he has a chance for a ring. a good chance.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"~~~~~~~~~~~we don't have the key to open Ainge's brain - he's the only one!"

We don't need to know Ainge's brain - KG has a no trade clause as you know so it's not up to Ainge, it's up to KG. KG says he will only consider a trade if Pierce is traded first, so there you have it. Threads that may be interesting but have no real world relevance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

There is no chance we will trade KG to Denver.  Maybe if Rameakap is right we can move Bass for someone  there.    The idea of having McGee or someone like Cousins here without Garnett keeping them in line sounds like a permanent ticket to 2006.