Nuggets offer Celtics #1 pick for Rivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Nuggets offer Celtics #1 pick for Rivers

So the bidding begins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Nuggets offer Celtics #1 pick for Rivers

There is no bidding, the correct word is 'offered' not 'offer' as in 10 days ago and quickly turned down by Ainge.

This is simply a story obviously leaked from Boston to show LA/the league that Doc's value is AT LEAST one first rd pick and LA is kidding themselves if they are not going to give nay compensation.

Once LA gives at least ONE pick for Rivers, the teams can move on and talk KG, Jordan and even Pierce and Bledsoe down the road and make it look like two seperate transactions. Still solves the CP3 issue for LA, since Paul has clearly stated Doc is his #1 choice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Stern isn't going to let the dal go down with LA because he already knows what the Clips/Celtics are trying to do.

The offer is can easily be verified by the league to make sure it's valid.

You may be right but we'll see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Stern isn't going to let the dal go down with LA because he already knows what the Clips/Celtics are trying to do.

The offer is can easily be verified by the league to make sure it's valid.

You may be right but we'll see.

Well yeah, I don't think anyone is going to question if Denver actually offered a 1st for Doc 10 days ago, thye haven't denied it yet so I doubt anyone will have to verify it as if Ainge or these sources are liars

I think Stern will consider one first rd pick a fair value to let Doc out of his contract. Then if any subsequent KG trade is made, and immediately after, I think the league will call foul and block it.

However, if no deal is made for weeks, Boston discusses trading Pierce at the time of the draft (but doesn't) same with LA and Bledsoe, C's new coach says he is looking forward to coaching KG, etc. and THEN in July, AFTER Pierce's 15.3m option is picked up... if he and KG are sent to LA for Jordan, Butler, Bledsoe and a #1 pick... I will think the league will consider that fair compensation and a deal that wasn't attached to the one where Doc was named LA's coach

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The offer was made 10 days ago. 

Ainge rightly wants more than a 1st round pick for Doc. He would do a 1st round pick with the Clips because he knows he'll get more when he trades KG to the Clips later on. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

this is getting interesting. of course bledsoe is in the middle as was stated by comrade imagyd!

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

You mean when YOU (on your other moronic Imagedy screenname before being banned) suggested a bunch of contradictory nonsense that couldn't work cash wise, showing 100% ignorance to the rules of the league, and then went on to say even more ignorantly that the C's were going to sign Josh Smith later on this summer?? when they'd have NO cap space?

hahahahahahahahahahahah

glad ur other screen name was banned CC. Now if only we can be rid of you for the 5th time in a month this board will be a better place.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Does anyone realize these #1 picks from playoff teams are WORTHLESS?  Get back  to me when the Bobcats offer their #1.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Anyway, all Boston can do is release doc from his contract.  After that, doc can do whatever he wants right?  In theory he could go to denver or la or whatever, regardless of whatever the celtics get for releasing him.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the nugg nuggs must have a couple of young players they need to scare off the roster.  faried can become uncoachable yet and lawson mercurial just like rondo.

why isn't danny and the dunce-owners DELIGHTED to be rid of the rivers creature who has no substantive coaching ability and IN HIS OWN WORDS dislikes "young players".  that's what we got comin' up- young players.  there's not going to be another "unite 3 32 year olds for a run" trade because we don't even have one 32 y/o star let alone anything to trade away that anyone wants!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Does anyone realize these #1 picks from playoff teams are WORTHLESS?  Get back  to me when the Bobcats offer their #1.

Please, I'm sure nobody needs to come up with the list of all the solid starters and all-stars drafted after pick 18 in the history of the NBA.

In just the last 10 years Danny alone has turned such 1sts into Rondo, Delonte, Tony Allen, Avery Bradley and Sullinger. Granted the draft is a crapshoot and he had almost as many misses but please don't say such ignorant thing.

Plus, I have high hopes for the Clippers 2016 pick to be in the lottery

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

First off if you release Doc without a deal in place and Ok'd by Commaczar Sterninski you would be cutting your nose off to spite your face! Doc may decide he'ld rather sit than coach and you suspend him without pay, then when and if a team can get Ivan the terrible Czar to allow the Celtics to move him in a compensation deal for signing with another team, then you release him and not before.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

Please, I'm sure nobody needs to come up with the list of all the solid starters and all-stars drafted after pick 18 in the history of the NBA.

In just the last 10 years Danny alone has turned such 1sts into Rondo, Delonte, Tony Allen, Avery Bradley and Sullinger. Granted the draft is a crapshoot and he had almost as many misses but please don't say such ignorant thing.

[/QUOTE]

The core of the last Celtics championship team (i.e. the Big Three) were ALL top 10 draft picks.   You win championships with top 10 talent.  It's not a coincidence.  You can talk all you want about AB, Sully, RR, etc. but the facts speak for themselves.  Those guys are the surrounding cast. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The core of the last Celtics championship team (i.e. the Big Three) were ALL top 10 draft picks.   You win championships with top 10 talent.  It's not a coincidence.  You can talk all you want about AB, Sully, RR, etc. but the facts speak for themselves.  Those guys are the surrounding cast. 

[/QUOTE]

Rondo was the best player in the ECF last year. What about Tony Parker?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo was the best player in the ECF last year. What about Tony Parker?

[/QUOTE]

Tony Parker is on a team with Tim Duncan.  Duncan was so good coming out of college ML Carr threw as many games as he could to maximize ping pong balls.

Duncan was the #1 pick overall. 

Go back through the history of the NBA and find a team that won a championship without a top 10 pick starring for their team.  Let me know when you find one.

The Celtics top 10 guys are gone (Allen) or on their last legs.   Sure you can find a once-a-decade star drafting at 20-plus, but that is extremely rare.

Sections
Shortcuts