Nuggets vs Celtics 02/10/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Nuggets vs Celtics 02/10/13

I said it would be a Litmus test and it was and we passed. We win out until All Star break and we could be tied for 5th seed 1, 1 1/2 games away from a 4th seed. Told you Green had game. This was a big win for solidifying our team chemistry.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Really hilarious how some here would jump right back on the bandwagon after a great win like this.

Jeff Van Gundy to replace Doc?

Ray better defender than Terry, then Terry wins the game with a steal.

HAHAHA

Terry is 'da man tonight!!!  But, let's not get carried away and say he's a better defender than Ray.  Terry could NOT have given Kobe ANY trouble like Ray did today. 

But give Terry his props....he was huge tonight.  Love the win - true grit!  Love this team's spirity and fight.

Giving Kobe trouble? Ray had limited time on Kobe... and if Kobe shooting 11 for 19 from the   floor is causing trouble then Ill take trouble like that any day....

True!

Ray just played 21 minutes while Kobe played 37 minutes. 

So Kobe scored 28 points in 16 minutes?

Kobe usually shoots more than 20 times a game. 28 points from 11-19 shooting is good D?

HAHAHA

Did you watch the game?  Kobe didn't have a great game.  He did his usual thing of shooting a lot with very tough shots (and yes, he hit many of them and the rest of the team was frozen because he was shooting very tough shots.....not just against Ray, but anyone who played him).  I love it when Kobe shoots a lot because their record is less than 10% wins when Kobe is over 30 points.

but, you miss the point.  Terry played great and I loved it.  This team is now playing well AGAINST GOOD TEAMS (Heat, Denver, Clippers).   Let's celebrate that. But, to say he's a better defender than Ray because he made one steal is overboard.  Terry is not all that!  He's just playing better and I (who hated him early in the season) am acknowleding his good play.   That was my point.

Terry is playing better because the ball moves more and he gets "his" shots rather than the shots Rondo dictates to him when Rondo controls the ball.  That's the biggest factor.  

Parenthetically, I stand by the other statement - Terry is NOT a better defender than Ray.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I dont even get the argument. Neither one of them is good on defense.  It's like arguing about whether Wilcox or Bass is better at shooting 3's.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I dont even get the argument. Neither one of them is good on defense.  It's like arguing about whether Wilcox or Bass is better at shooting 3's.

Agree!

All I said was Terry is better than Ray overall. Not better than Ray on defense.

The reason why I think Terry is better is because he can play backup PG.

and can create his own shot.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Agree!

All I said was Terry is better than Ray overall. Not better than Ray on defense.

The reason why I think Terry is better is because he can play backup PG.

and can create his own shot.

Terry is much better than Ray on defense. Ray would never even bend over to strip a ball like he did.  We all know Terry is a much better player to have in crunch time.  Not to space out the floor for a three but to get a shot when it is not available.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Did you watch the game?  Kobe didn't have a great game.  He did his usual thing of shooting a lot with very tough shots (and yes, he hit many of them and the rest of the team was frozen because he was shooting very tough shots.....not just against Ray, but anyone who played him).  I love it when Kobe shoots a lot because their record is less than 10% wins when Kobe is over 30 points.

but, you miss the point.  Terry played great and I loved it.  This team is now playing well AGAINST GOOD TEAMS (Heat, Denver, Clippers).   Let's celebrate that. But, to say he's a better defender than Ray because he made one steal is overboard.  Terry is not all that!  He's just playing better and I (who hated him early in the season) am acknowleding his good play.   That was my point.

Terry is playing better because the ball moves more and he gets "his" shots rather than the shots Rondo dictates to him when Rondo controls the ball.  That's the biggest factor.  

Parenthetically, I stand by the other statement - Terry is NOT a better defender than Ray.

I think you're the one missing the point. I never said Terry is better than Ray on defense, never!

You should have, he is. Terry can play in crunch time and handle the ball. Ray cannot handle the ball at all with on ball pressure.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Terry missed 5 consecutive threes in the first two overtimes.

And then he made the big one and game winning steal.  Paul and Garnett could not put the  ball in the ocean for most of the game.  We should never even have been in overtime. Bradley screwed up big time not blocking out after the free throw. And then letting Lawson tie the game by letting him get to the middle of the floor.  Terry is very good player and always has been and only 35.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Terry missed 5 consecutive threes in the first two overtimes.

And?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

the guy has 26 points and people are complaining.

Wild.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

the guy has 26 points and people are complaining.

Wild.

And listen to Terry speak.  He is cool and calm and happy to be here. He will continue to play well from here on out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kirk on this thread did you not say you were wrong about Terry tonight or did I mistake you for someone else.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Jet is clutch we need his mojo.  26 points   Ray Allen in his big game today  2 points.

Terry is really playing better. I was wrong about him.

7-0 without Rondo.

Kirk here is what you said earlier tonight right after the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to KenDNP's comment:

Terry finally!

Finally? the dude scores 26 off the bench ....he had a little drought like everyone else and this is what you say? come on

Terry missed 5 consecutive 3pt shots in OT prior to that huge 3 in the 3rd OT. It was an expression of joy and excitement seeing Terry convert that huge shot. After consecutive misses, he's bound to make one, given the shooter that he is. Ergo, "Terry finally!"

"Come on?" I say go read more books and take a refresher on grammar and syntax. Your level of comprehension needs some major work, ala- Lakers-Howard-Bryant fix. Comprende?

Anyway, great win! CNN SI calls this the best game of the season so far! Let's spread positive vibes and avoid uneducated comments similar to VeniceSox above. Peace to all!

Sections
Shortcuts