NY Teams Overtake Boston

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: NY Teams Overtake Boston

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Celts are already back in the hunt for a top 5 pick in the 2014 Draft.

Next up, a top 3 pick!

climbing down

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Next up, a top 3 pick!

That is the way to go.Rebuilding the right way.We need couple more teams to pass us in the standingo.The future is bright.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

Next up, a top 3 pick!

That is the way to go.Rebuilding the right way.We need couple more teams to pass us in the standingo.The future is bright.

Well, Fakers might fall below us, but Cleveland I think will pass us with Deng on board. Things are looking better, but what's up with Detroit? If the C's had J. Smith, Monroe, and Drummond in our starting lineup, I highly doubt we'ld have that poor of a record. I think we'll land the 5th - 7th pick (barring any trades).

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

Well, Fakers might fall below us, but Cleveland I think will pass us with Deng on board. Things are looking better, but what's up with Detroit? If the C's had J. Smith, Monroe, and Drummond in our starting lineup, I highly doubt we'ld have that poor of a record. I think we'll land the 5th - 7th pick (barring any trades).

Even if the Lakers fall below the Celtics, 2 words - Jimmy Buss!

Good point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

This is what happens when you "sell" to tank;

1. Joel Embiid

Height: 7-0 | Weight: 250 | Freshman

Kansas | Center

Embiid is the top center prospect -- a force on both ends. He needs to develop his feel for the game and learn to stay out of foul trouble. But he has the building blocks, and most scouts believe he could be an Olajuwon type eventually.
    Scouting report: Joel Embiid

8. Willie Cauley-Stein

Height: 7-0 | Weight: 220 | Sophomore

Kentucky | Center

Cauley-Stein's appeal to the NBA is his potential. He is long, athletic and a fluid athlete, and he is much improved as a rebounder and shot-blocker this season. But he's still pretty raw with an offensive game that needs work. Scouts are willing to be patient with him, given his physical tools.
    Scouting report: Willie Cauley-Stein

Mployee, you're scaring me. Stop it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

This is what happens when you "sell" to tank;

1. Joel Embiid

Height: 7-0 | Weight: 250 | Freshman

Kansas | Center

Embiid is the top center prospect -- a force on both ends. He needs to develop his feel for the game and learn to stay out of foul trouble. But he has the building blocks, and most scouts believe he could be an Olajuwon type eventually.
    Scouting report: Joel Embiid

8. Willie Cauley-Stein

Height: 7-0 | Weight: 220 | Sophomore

Kentucky | Center

Cauley-Stein's appeal to the NBA is his potential. He is long, athletic and a fluid athlete, and he is much improved as a rebounder and shot-blocker this season. But he's still pretty raw with an offensive game that needs work. Scouts are willing to be patient with him, given his physical tools.
    Scouting report: Willie Cauley-Stein

Mployee, you're scaring me. Stop it.

Try it yourself ... that was the first roll I made! Above I posted the results of ten attempts.

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2014/mockdraft

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

It is always fun to see Lebron lose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Agree.  Great win by the Knicks last night.   I am always rooting for any team that is playing Miami and happy if they win. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Maybe by the end of this trip the Celtics will be looking up at the 76ers. I'm not for tanking but this team is bad anyways. We all expected this for this season. Than god for the Red Sox and the Patriots. Yes always great to see the Miami Heat lose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Excellent news!!!  Keep losing!  I predicted zero wins during the entire trip and not more than 1 win for the month of January.....so far so good.  I get a kick out of people saying that wanting to lose means you don't bleed green.  Barely making the playoffs as the worst playoff team in the history of the game and getting torched in the first round is NOT how you build a team.  You build a team through the draft, trades and through FA.  We don't have a ton of money so FA is out.  We have nothing worth trading other than Rondo but we'd be getting pennies back on the dollar so thats out.  So drafting is how we roll now.....and the only way to do that is really with higher picks....and you get that by LOSING!!!! 

Let's take this tie and develop the pieces that are going to be here for a while.  PLaying Wallace, Bass and Hump is not helping the long range future of this team.  Fav, Oly and Sully need as many minutes as possible.  Trial by fire!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Than god for the Red Sox and the Patriots"

Yah. But - this is how you have to do it in the NBA. Sometimes the NFL as well - look at the Colts and how they tanked to get Andrew Luck. 

I'd argue we now have four well run and well coached franchises in Boston sports - that's not too shabby by any means. 

For now, go Knicks. :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Than god for the Red Sox and the Patriots"

Yah. But - this is how you have to do it in the NBA. Sometimes the NFL as well - look at the Colts and how they tanked to get Andrew Luck. 

I'd argue we now have four well run and well coached franchises in Boston sports - that's not too shabby by any means. 

For now, go Knicks. :)

Agreed.  Solid teams and longevity comes with a solid core of young players.  The Pats have been able to do that for the last 10 years and now the Sox are on board with their excellent farm.  The Bruins also have a solid young core.  The future looks very bright for Boston Sports for a long time......as long as Brady doesn't ever age or retire......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Excellent news!!!  Keep losing!  I predicted zero wins during the entire trip and not more than 1 win for the month of January.....so far so good.  I get a kick out of people saying that wanting to lose means you don't bleed green.  Barely making the playoffs as the worst playoff team in the history of the game and getting torched in the first round is NOT how you build a team.  You build a team through the draft, trades and through FA.  We don't have a ton of money so FA is out.  We have nothing worth trading other than Rondo but we'd be getting pennies back on the dollar so thats out.  So drafting is how we roll now.....and the only way to do that is really with higher picks....and you get that by LOSING!!!! 

Let's take this tie and develop the pieces that are going to be here for a while.  PLaying Wallace, Bass and Hump is not helping the long range future of this team.  Fav, Oly and Sully need as many minutes as possible.  Trial by fire!!

I agree I'd rather be a high lottery team than the worst playoff team and get spanked in the first round. I also dont expect another 22 years before the Celtics are relevant again either. Though the draft is a crap shoot but this draft is really deep since the 2003 draft when LeBron came out. The Celtics will be players in the 2015 FA market when all kinds of money comes off the books. Wallace and Humpy or at least Humpy won't be around. I'm looking for Green and Bass to get traded somewhere along the line. Just go to stick it out. GO CELTICS!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It is very hard climbing down.  We have to go 1-9 to gain any ground on these bottom teams that go 2-8 or 3-7 every 10 games.  How can we keep going at 1-9 for the remaining of the year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Every move that Jimmy Buss made, since taking over, has been a failure.

1. Jimmy's first move was replacing Phil Jackson with Mike "The Clown" Brown.

2. Giving the Suns 4 draft picks for a 38-year old Steve Nash.

3. Choosing Mike D'Antoni instead of Phil Jackson.

4. Giving a 35-year old Kobe 48m for 2 years.

Lakers will sontinue their downward spiral. The funny thing is they can be a lottery team with no draft picks. Kobe injured again and his age isn't helping him. That's 48 mill down the toilet. They'll never be a major player in free agency because who really wants to be play for a dysfunctional organization.

Thinks about it, Dwight Howard walked away from the Lakers and 30m to join the Rockets.

A big name free-agent leaving the Lakers for the Rockets?

Go figure.

Laker fans will now know how it feels like to be a Celtic fan in the 1990s.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

It is very hard climbing down.  We have to go 1-9 to gain any ground on these bottom teams that go 2-8 or 3-7 every 10 games.  How can we keep going at 1-9 for the remaining of the year?

By removing Bass and Humpy.

Without Bass and Humpy, the Celts will always go 1-9.

Even if we go back to our normal east coast and divisional teams schedule?  The 1-9 is mostly from playing the tough west coast swing.  I think it is going to be difficult to get a top 5 pick.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts