Obama calls out Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Obama calls out Rondo

You know things are quiet around here when a story comes out via Shaq that when the Celtics met Obama in March that the President yelled out to Ray Allen "You better take Rondo out and teach him to shoot." This according to Garnett who stated, Rondo was so humiliated it caused him to go into a shooting funk the next day leading the way to his incredibly poor shooting from March to the season's end.  This was the cause according to Shaq and not the trade of Perkins that led to his dispirited play.

Pud and Dudder will not be surprised and more likely heartened, but Rondo needs to be shooting every free minute he has.  Obama seems surprisingly bold and maybe needs to be more empathetic considering the dire state of the economy that is stalling.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Obama calls out Rondo

SO GOOD U had to write it twice eh? was going to write about it but good you beat me to it . dont think its just trivia. i believe shaq has a point. says a lot about rondont's psyche. very fragile and hypersensitive. can just see bama doing it and laughing around trying to be one of the boys esp with the brothas. ray is his boy and so forth... rondo should have got in on the joke and said he's been refusing for he's afraid i'll start jacking up threes and he'll get less shots. they like me like this so they get more shots esp in crunch time".... instead rondo CRUMBLED!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theCELTICgame. Show theCELTICgame's posts

Stop with the Rondo shot obsession.  We all know his shot needs work.  He knows it.  Opponents know it.  Even the president knows.  Still....he is easily a top 5 PG.  With a shot he's arguably #1.  Let's hope his shot improves with time (eg, Jason Kidd).  Meanwhile....he plays point like it should be played.  Name a better set up man in the NBA right now.  Then ask yourself if that guy plays D or rebounds.  And he hasn't even peaked yet.  Celtic fans are lucky to have Rondo. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: Obama calls out Rondo:
    Rondo and Obama are both failures.
    Posted by koberulz

You did not mention that Obama took over a sinking ship after 8 years of the Bush administration.True so far He has been unable to fix it. Go Celtics

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Obama has game...I like his form...text-book...www.pressentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Obama-Basketball1.jpg" alt="" width="377" height="500" />www.pressentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Obama-Basketball1.jpg" class="highslide">

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I put the thread through three times because the monitor said it was not going through. Sorry.  Rondo will prove all naysayers wrong.  He will learn to shoot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

lolol at rondo. aww poor guy 9sarcasm there) needs to step it up and prove him wrong. I thought this guy loved the competition and challenge. then prove it to me rondo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"instead rondo CRUMBLED!"

You really need a clue sometimes. Rondo had some issues this season (and he has some holes in his game he better be working on now!) but he's mentally waaaay tougher than you are. You're talking about a little guy who almost jammed a dunk down on Dwight Howard. That's why he's playing pro ball and you're creating some kind of message board hero role for yourself here. So if he crumbled then you must truly be in shambles. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Obama should call out Andrew Bynum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

" instead rondo CRUMBLED!" You really need a clue sometimes. Rondo had some issues this season (and he has some holes in his game he better be working on now!) but he's mentally waaaay tougher than you are. You're talking about a little guy who almost jammed a dunk down on Dwight Howard. That's why he's playing pro ball and you're creating some kind of message board hero role for yourself here. So if he crumbled then you must truly be in shambles. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Yea.... ComCon had it right. Young Rondo crumbled... to the point that we had concord actually calling for intervention.

Did Rondo begin to pout and spiral into a deep FUNK because Perk got traded or because Obama embarrassed him by teasing him off-hand about his lack of shooting skills... or maybe was it a combination of the two?

Whatever... the kid showed ZERO mental toughness under those circumstances. Same when he quit on TEAM USA.

Pud 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kensfarvox. Show kensfarvox's posts

Another reason to hate obummer. That was easy! If you recall, Shaq had it right. I think he was the only Celtic who didn't go to meet him. Beat LA! Beat Obama! Yeah, that works.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I'd just like some explanation about this...

How can Rondo go into a shooting slump?  Dont you first have to shoot well in order to slump? 

Can a batter hitting .185 go into a slump?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I'd just like some explanation about this... How can Rondo go into a shooting slump?  Dont you first have to shoot well in order to slump?  Can a batter hitting .185 go into a slump?
    Posted by Karllost

If you are a career .150 hitter and  drop from .185 to a buck ten.... that can be called a slump....

Just like hitting .185 can be considered a long awaited improvement.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

this talk of inept batting reminds me of jason varitek, which begs the question: wouldn't it be cool if rondo were to succeed paulie as celtics next captain? sure it would. CRR, baby!!!

also, wouldn't obama's performance improve if he spent more court time with special assistant / personal aide / all purpose body man reggie love and less with such chumps as seen above? he wouldn't be getting it up like that over his boy, tBag.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Stop with the Rondo shot obsession.  We all know his shot needs work.  He knows it.  Opponents know it.  Even the president knows.  Still....he is easily a top 5 PG.  With a shot he's arguably #1.  Let's hope his shot improves with time (eg, Jason Kidd).  Meanwhile....he plays point like it should be played.  Name a better set up man in the NBA right now.  Then ask yourself if that guy plays D or rebounds.  And he hasn't even peaked yet.  Celtic fans are lucky to have Rondo. 
    Posted by theCELTICgame

Good post. I agree 100%.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Obama should call out Andrew Bynum.
    Posted by 21st

That's a cheap shot artist's cheap shot. It's almost as bad as the Kevin McHale cheap shot on Kurt Rambis. I love Kevin McHale, but that was one of the biggest cheap shots I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

The Prez owes brick! He disses brick's woeful jump shot and upsets his poor fragile feelings causing him to go into a funk (of course only celtic fans believe this). Now, brick manages to get away from a nite club drug deal gone bad and no help has been afforded this guy. C'mon Prez, step up to the plate and get this guy some help....it's obvious ainge and the celtic organization are doing nothing!

Does bias not come to mind?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

In Response to Re: Obama calls out Rondo :       That's a cheap shot artist's cheap shot. It's almost as bad as the Kevin McHale cheap shot on Kurt Rambis. I love Kevin McHale, but that was one of the biggest cheap shots I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them.
    Posted by mem17

One wrong does not make another wrong right. Mchale did take a cheap shot against Rambis but that act does not make it ok for Bynum to do the same thing. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The Prez owes brick! He disses brick's woeful jump shot and upsets his poor fragile feelings causing him to go into a funk (of course only celtic fans believe this). Now, brick manages to get away from a nite club drug deal gone bad and no help has been afforded this guy. C'mon Prez, step up to the plate and get this guy some help....it's obvious ainge and the celtic organization are doing nothing! Does bias not come to mind?!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

You're better then that Nation!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The Prez owes brick! He disses brick's woeful jump shot and upsets his poor fragile feelings causing him to go into a funk (of course only celtic fans believe this). Now, brick manages to get away from a nite club drug deal gone bad and no help has been afforded this guy. C'mon Prez, step up to the plate and get this guy some help....it's obvious ainge and the celtic organization are doing nothing! Does bias not come to mind?!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Goes to show you how inept and unqualified this prez is... unless of course he's a closet terrorist, racist and anti American... then he's doing a great job

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Obama calls out Rondo : One wrong does not make another wrong right. Mchale did take a cheap shot against Rambis but that act does not make it ok for Bynum to do the same thing.
    Posted by calvinator

mchale's critical play was considered much more permissible and less cheap back in 1984.

the celtics had been remarkably fortunate to win game2 at home and, after being run out of the bldg in game3 in LA, were down 2-1 on the road and desperate. ainge has said that during stretching prior to game4 the comment "this dunkfest is embarrassing. we gotta take somebody out" was made. cornbread has said that while on the bench together, m.l. carr was instrumental in getting mchale into full lather with comments like "man, if i was in there i'd really do something..." and mchale, 6th man of the year but not having much of a series to that point, was responding "yeah, yeah, yeah, i'll do it."

well, he did it. mchale was all nervous and shaky in the immediate aftermath, and carr and the celtics told him, "hey, you did what you had to do." that play turned that series around. magic has commented "when you can't catch something, you gotta knock it down, slow it down to give yourself a chance. that's what the celtics did to us with that play."

no wrongdoing. mchale received only a foul for his actions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

Rondo should have called out for someone to teach Obama how to be a good President! Obama is a bigger joke than Rondo's jumpshot (sorry Rondo).

Go Celtics!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I know Faker-Nation did not just drop Len Bias' name!!!!  SMDH!

Keep the politics out of this forum!!!!  No religion or politics, please!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Rondo should have called out for someone to teach Obama how to be a good President! Obama is a bigger joke than Rondo's jumpshot (sorry Rondo). Go Celtics!
    Posted by stiorevo
    RATHER THAN crumbling, a great comeback could have been "yep perhaps someone needs to get warren buffet or bill gates to show the president how to run an economy or get in touch with business in a capitalist or entrepreneurial based  economy!"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

In Response to Re: Obama calls out Rondo : RATHER THAN crumbling, a great comeback could have been "yep perhaps someone needs to get warren buffet or bill gates to show the president how to run an economy or get in touch with business in a capitalist or entrepreneurial based  economy!"
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

I think it's best we avoid talking about politics and religion on this forum. 

Sections
Shortcuts