Obvious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Obvious

You must admit it's quite obvious that the Celtics are piling up the losses by design and therefore, align themselves for a top draft pick!  It seems to me that they do not even have to try to lose because they are really bad!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Obvious

Bringing back Rondo may assure us of a top three pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

better play good for kirk, rondo. he'll turn on ya.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bringing back Rondo may assure us of a top three pick.

[/QUOTE]

That's fine. The important thing is to get him back to where he was, and that will mean playing until he feels secure and until his rythem comes back.  it will take probably most of the year. should see the old Rondo by the beginning of next year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You can't convince, coerce or cajole professional athletes to tank, but what you can do is decide who plays.

Danny Ainge is doing everything the NBA system has allowed for bottom feeding teams to climb their way back up to the top.  As soon as this team sheds some of it's cap weight via trade you will begin to see this team start to take shape.

As for Rondo, if Stevens can get him back to playing back within himself (not turning the ball over) and he regains his strength in his knee and confidence we will once again have one of the premier players at the point guard position;  to either keep or trade.

Saying he has been exposed without the big three is a joke, in the final years with the big three he was easily our best player, averaged a triple double regularly and while he might not be a pure shooter he can fill up the box sc-re in a hurry and control a game.  He needs to regain form and buy into what Coach Stevens is selling.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can't convince, coerce or cajole professional athletes to tank, but what you can do is decide who plays.

Danny Ainge is doing everything the NBA system has allowed for bottom feeding teams to climb their way back up to the top.  As soon as this team sheds some of it's cap weight via trade you will begin to see this team start to take shape.

As for Rondo, if Stevens can get him back to playing back within himself (not turning the ball over) and he regains his strength in his knee and confidence we will once again have one of the premier players at the point guard position;  to either keep or trade.

Saying he has been exposed without the big three is a joke, in the final years with the big three he was easily our best player, averaged a triple double regularly and while he might not be a pure shooter he can fill up the box sc-re in a hurry and control a game.  He needs to regain form and buy into what Coach Stevens is selling.

[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree but it makes it easier to get assists when those big 3 were hitting shots. Have to give rondo time to recover. You can build through the draft like OKC did but you need a good FA signing every once in awhile.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

oops

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree but it makes it easier to get assists when those big 3 were hitting shots. Have to give rondo time to recover. You can build through the draft like OKC did but you need a good FA signing every once in awhile.

[/QUOTE]

It could be argued that rondo made it a lot easier for the big 3 by driving and dishing and giving them easy looks based on how bad kg and pp have looked in brooklyn, with both shooting career lows... More likely the truth is somewhere in the midde, all of them complimented each other well.

Agree with wozzy that rondo is a proven dynamic player and has routinely been our best player in the playoffs on a team with hall of fame players. Rondos struggles are not unexpected, see drose. ( played 10 reg season games , and chot 35/34 with a 10.1,PER, all with the benefit of a full preseason) In eiher case whether you want rondo to stay or be traded, you have to give the guy time to get backk to where he was, and that may not happen till next year.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

When I watch stevens system, it seems like he runs a lot of backdoor action and not enough pick and rolls up top. The cs have a few good options for  pick and pop at the top of the key, rondo/sully rondo/ko rondo/hump and yet you hardly see it.  Plus I think the spacing has just been terrible with  gerald playing the 2. Until ab gets back id rather see chris johnson at the 2. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting that Doc isn't coaching Rondo anymore.

Just look at what Doc Rivers has done for DeAndre Jordan's career.

Right now Rondo has not had a game where he got 10 assists in one game.

Brad Stevens' system is different from Doc's, it doesn't fit Rondo's style of play.

The results are proof of this.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Fiercy....we always have these heated Rondo debates and I would like to know if you can help us all out here with something. Is there any way at all to conduct a survey on here. You know, a poll that would tally how many want Rondo gone as to want him to stay? I figured you would be the guy who would know how to do this? Maybe this way, we can move on until either he is resigned or sent packing. Is this Possible?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You're forgetting that Doc isn't coaching Rondo anymore.

Just look at what Doc Rivers has done for DeAndre Jordan's career.

Right now Rondo has not had a game where he got 10 assists in one game.

Brad Stevens' system is different from Doc's, it doesn't fit Rondo's style of play.

The results are proof of this.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Fiercy....we always have these heated Rondo debates and I would like to know if you can help us all out here with something. Is there any way at all to conduct a survey on here. You know, a poll that would tally how many want Rondo gone as to want him to stay? I figured you would be the guy who would know how to do this? Maybe this way, we can move on until either he is resigned or sent packing. Is this Possible?

[/QUOTE]

The very first day I came to these threads I walked into a vicious knife fight about RR and whether to keep or trade him...it's been a daily thing here in all that time....it will never end I'm afraid...

[/QUOTE]

You know Melly, I have not really liked him {as a Player} for some time now. Even when he had KG and Paul, because of his lack of s-hooting his guy would sag back and clog up the middle. I do not know the guy, just what I see during games and I find it hard to think that he will ever be the guy we need to lead and move forward with. Is his being named Captain a ploy by Ainge?

Sections
Shortcuts