OCD Boston sports fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

OCD Boston sports fans

After the Sox dropped three straight in Texas one of the NESN bimbos asked Mike Napoli to discuss what that meant.  Napoli did a double take and then politely said what essentially amounted to 'nothing'.  3 out of 162.  The level of intensity around Boston sports is astonishing, inspiring at times.  However, los fanaticos need to come down off the Tobin Bridge when we dont run the table in every sport every year.  We are so blessed in this town and the fans sound like a bunch or whining ingrates.  I remember a sign a kid held at the Celtics duck boat championship rally.  You all remember it too, it was plastered on BDC's sports top page for a year.  It read: '9 years old, 6 parades'.  You guys remember that?  The clamor on the blogs and airwaves is actually intolerable blather.  If I have to listen to Tony Masarotti or Andy Gretch analyze hoops when it's evident they are barely qualified to discuss baseball and football respectively I think I'm gonna vomit.  Oh yeah, I really enjoyed Felger LAUGHING on CSNE about Shaq when he tweaked his achilles a couple weeks ago.  I'd like to see him criticize Shaq to his face.  In fact, I'd like to see ANY of you so-called fans even try to discuss basketball moves with Danny Ainge as he would slap you in the mouth or more likely just laugh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: OCD Boston sports fans

Dude, whats ur problem?  go chill out somewhere with a beer , blunt or b*tch....you need one of them...

Nobody here is a sports writer that i know of or work in the boston media.  This is a forum for fans to discuss Basketball in any facet.  What are you gonna litter every thread with the same nonsense?  Nobody cares about baseball, this is NBA playoff time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Jay:

You should actually READ the post before commenting.  I am speaking directly TO THE so-called FAN and indirectly to the so-called expert commentators.  You're spoiled brats and misinformed to boot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I did read it.  Most of it was about baseball and boston media.  the rest of it is about other peoples opinions to which they are entitled too.  I guess it was a call out to certain people, but it seemed more of a general attack of the whole board.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Jay

Good point.  People are definitely entitled to their opinions.  If you're inclined (and I wouldn't be, personally) you should read back through my posts since the beginning of this season.  I jumped on this board at the end of last year, but didn't really express much until this year began.  There are a few posters who I respect, but in general you're right.  It was an attack on so-called fans.  Legitimate criticism is one thing, but I sense the posters here arent watching the same games as I am or even watching them at all.  This isn't a place for fans, it's a place for whining ingrates.  I sufferred through Dino Radja and Eric Montross etc and I'm here to tell you that the Celtics' performance since Ainge acquired Ray Ray and KG has been outstanding.  A championship, an eastern conf finals loss when we had no KG and a 7th game loss to the Lakers after Artest tried to break Ray's legs and Perkins ripped up his knee.  Now we are on our way back regardless of Perk's presence.  I would love to know what so-called fans expect??  Do you think our franchises are going to run the table every season?  This town is completely hyperactive when it comes to perceived defects in their sports teams.  This applies to fans but is actually DRIVEN by the 24-7 blather of two full time AM sports stations and an FM outlet and two full time New England sports TV stations.  The point is this:  there is nothing more to be said about the Celtics until the season is over.  If KG decides to take a vacation day or something then OK.  But it cannot be said that Danny, Doc, Rondo etc are neither trying their hardest or lack the requisite skills.  Look at the record!  Better yet, look at the stats.  We have the best offensive percentage team in the league and the second best defensive percentage in the league.  We had 4 all stars.  We are 2-0 in the playoffs.  What is the expectation this team isn't meeting?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

BTW
    Bring the blunts and some Sam Noble Pils if it's still available.  I will summon forth the bi%ches from accounting.  You're right on the moonyana there; I definitely could use all three.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I can respect that.  I made a similar post last week saying we should be lucky to have a horse in this race because of us being in year 4 of 3 year window, and the fact this team could have been blown up after game 7.

I have been through all the bottom of the division years...watching everyone from Dina Radja to Vitaly Potopenko, so I know...but to be honest, It was fun...I wasnt watchin games complaining, cuz I was always interested in seeing new talent....I was with Chris Wallace on most of moves....I remember Kenny Anderson, and Brian Stith and a whole host of other guards come through here, so I appreciate it...but a lot of young, new fans who dont know about it.

I just have given and said we can co-exist and learn from each other.  You can Yell, scream, whatever, but there is gonna be fans of all types, negative, super giddy, trolls, ghosts and goblins and vultures and crows....just comes with the territory of being the greatest basketball franchise Eva!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to OCD Boston sports fans:
    [QUOTE]After the Sox dropped three straight in Texas one of the NESN bimbos asked Mike Napoli to discuss what that meant.  Napoli did a double take and then politely said what essentially amounted to 'nothing'.  3 out of 162.  The level of intensity around Boston sports is astonishing, inspiring at times.  However, los fanaticos need to come down off the Tobin Bridge when we dont run the table in every sport every year.  We are so blessed in this town and the fans sound like a bunch or whining ingrates.  I remember a sign a kid held at the Celtics duck boat championship rally.  You all remember it too, it was plastered on BDC's sports top page for a year.  It read: '9 years old, 6 parades'.  You guys remember that?  The clamor on the blogs and airwaves is actually intolerable blather.  If I have to listen to Tony Masarotti or Andy Gretch analyze hoops when it's evident they are barely qualified to discuss baseball and football respectively I think I'm gonna vomit.  Oh yeah, I really enjoyed Felger LAUGHING on CSNE about Shaq when he tweaked his achilles a couple weeks ago.  I'd like to see him criticize Shaq to his face.  In fact, I'd like to see ANY of you so-called fans even try to discuss basketball moves with Danny Ainge as he would slap you in the mouth or more likely just laugh.
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

Maybe you never watched him in the 80s, but Ainge was never capable of slapping anyone in the mouth, ever. He hid behind Chief, McHale and Larry. Now he's trying to hide behind a monumentally poor decision.

The only way this man gets vindicated is if Boston wins it all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Shines - I can back Jay up.  he's one of the more positive fans.  All fans are clearly entitled to their opinions and this board allows them to express their frustrations.  But, its true that in that process, it seems many fans don't appreciate what the Celtics have done and what they deliver.  They go overboard saying things like our Coach is just average and that the GM has done nothing but make mistakes and some fans even questioning their heart and desire to win.  The constant talk of "Doc made this or that wrong decision; if only Doc would play Sasha, Murphy, Green, Krstic more; Danny hasn't done anything for us lately; KG won't go inside; Ray is washed up and Green should start; BBD is too fat; Rondo is a spoiled brat who won't get his head in the game; when will our Captain show up; etc, etc, etc" is very frustrating to hear when this team has delivered over and over and over since the Big 3 got here.  

I get frustrated at times, as well.  But, I try to put it in perspective.  I'm glad I'm not a fan of the Pacers, the Cavs, the Clippers, the 76'ers, the Wizard, and 15 other teams who are irrelevant.   I'm thankful for what we have, even when they frustrate us.

Let's get number 18!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to OCD Boston sports fans:
    [QUOTE]After the Sox dropped three straight in Texas one of the NESN bimbos asked Mike Napoli to discuss what that meant.  Napoli did a double take and then politely said what essentially amounted to 'nothing'.  3 out of 162.  The level of intensity around Boston sports is astonishing, inspiring at times.  However, los fanaticos need to come down off the Tobin Bridge when we dont run the table in every sport every year.  We are so blessed in this town and the fans sound like a bunch or whining ingrates.  I remember a sign a kid held at the Celtics duck boat championship rally.  You all remember it too, it was plastered on BDC's sports top page for a year.  It read: '9 years old, 6 parades'.  You guys remember that?  The clamor on the blogs and airwaves is actually intolerable blather.  If I have to listen to Tony Masarotti or Andy Gretch analyze hoops when it's evident they are barely qualified to discuss baseball and football respectively I think I'm gonna vomit.  Oh yeah, I really enjoyed Felger LAUGHING on CSNE about Shaq when he tweaked his achilles a couple weeks ago.  I'd like to see him criticize Shaq to his face.  In fact, I'd like to see ANY of you so-called fans even try to discuss basketball moves with Danny Ainge as he would slap you in the mouth or more likely just laugh.
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a Champ. THis is gold. this is what I'm talking about.

Sections
Shortcuts