Oden-Get him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Oden-Get him

Greg has alot to prove in this league and needs a chance. I remember saying at the draft a couple years ago that the other guy takenafter himwould become a stud while greg would fail.

Now's the time to lockdown greg and give him a shot to earn the #1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

Re: Oden-Get him

In Response to Oden-Get him:
    [QUOTE]Greg has alot to prove in this league and needs a chance. I remember saying at the draft a couple years ago that the other guy takenafter himwould become a stud while greg would fail. Now's the time to lockdown greg and give him a shot to earn the #1
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]

Looks like you are a prophet. If he comes to the Celtics you should say he is going to be an All Star.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Did you predict the Rapture too??

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PauGasolSmells143. Show PauGasolSmells143's posts

You know what, for the right miniscule price, greg might not be a bad idea. Who knows what he has left. however, I am dreaming of a world where celtics centers have knees....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedCoach. Show RedCoach's posts

We have nothing to lose by getting Gred Oden.  I would trade the two O'Neals for him.  If the Blazers want Krstic, they can have him too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Oden-Get him:
    [QUOTE]As long as it's for a 1-year deal. A 1-year contract wouldn't hurt the Celts.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I agree if it is a one year contract for a reasonable amount of money, he is probably worth pursuing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

One good thing is that if one of his legs get hurt he can always use that 3rd leg to keep himself propped for a charge (ball going the other way)..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]One good thing is that if one of his legs get hurt he can always use that 3rd leg to keep himself propped for a charge (ball going the other way)..
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]

NASTY

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Oden-Get him:
    [QUOTE]Greg has alot to prove in this league and needs a chance. I remember saying at the draft a couple years ago that the other guy takenafter himwould become a stud while greg would fail. Now's the time to lockdown greg and give him a shot to earn the #1
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]

Great, just what the Celtics need...another retread reclamation project, ala Murphy, Shaq, and JO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

stay away from him man, the guys feet aint right. he is like yao, unnaturally tall. shaq, jo = naturally tall. oden and ming = not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Greg Oden has not been healthy for more than ten games at a time in this league.
    He won't stay healthy.

He was an outstanding college player. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Greg Oden has not been healthy for more than ten games at a time in this league. He won't stay healthy. He was an outstanding college player. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Given their cap flexibility he may be the best option they have.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Oden has been given all the chances he needs to succeed.  He just stays injured too much.  He will never overcome his health issues and any option that may force KG to play more minutes at the center position, I'm against.  The Celtics need to look to surround our aging Big 3 with players who will stay on the court.  Danny has to abandon last year's philosophy of gambling on historically injured "bigs" in hopes they can play significant minutes.

In my opinion, I'll take an overall less talented center who will play 75 games and provide tough interior play than a more talented one who is injured for most of the season and playoffs.  I'd make JON the 2nd or 3rd center next season because those limited minutes would more than likely allow him to stay on the court for a full season.  Krstic is a 7 footer that must be resigned because there is nothing better out there that the Celtics can sign.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

[QUOTE]Oden has been given all the chances he needs to succeed.  He just stays injured too much.  He will never overcome his health issues and any option that may force KG to play more minutes at the center position, I'm against.  The Celtics need to look to surround our aging Big 3 with players who will stay on the court.  Danny has to abandon last year's philosophy of gambling on historically injured "bigs" in hopes they can play significant minutes. In my opinion, I'll take an overall less talented center who will play 75 games and provide tough interior play than a more talented one who is injured for most of the season and playoffs.  I'd make JON the 2nd or 3rd center next season because those limited minutes would more than likely allow him to stay on the court for a full season.  Krstic is a 7 footer that must be resigned because there is nothing better out there that the Celtics can sign.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Petey62---Who do you propose as the # 1 Center?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

i say we sign everyobody we can over 6/10, one of them should stay healthy..

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]We have nothing to lose by getting Gred Oden.  I would trade the two O'Neals for him.  If the Blazers want Krstic, they can have him too.
    Posted by RedCoach[/QUOTE]

agreed! we should definitely trade all our centers for one who has barely played in 4 years in the league!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Petey62---Who do you propose as the # 1 Center?
    Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]
    Larry, right now, I don't believe we have a #1 center.  What I also don't believe is that Greg Oden has ever been able to stay healthy enough to be a #1 center.

We gambled on Shaq as a #1 center and that failed miserably.  I do not advocate repeating that again next season.

It's Danny's job to find that #1 center (Kaman or someone else) but I would not throw Oden in the mix.  There is just too much of a risk there.  If he gets injured, that increases the chances of KG having to play center.  We know JON may return and we know his chances of lasting the entire season is slim.  So, if we then go get Oden and find ourselves with both Oden and JON out at some point, it's the same predicament as this season.

We need to get a center who can contribute on the court.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oden-Get him : agreed! we should definitely trade all our centers for one who has barely played in 4 years in the league!
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

I don't want Danny to get anyone that prolongs the inevitable downward spiral to getting better.

Sections
Shortcuts