Odom inactive for rest of season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Odom inactive for rest of season

In what has to be the most bizarre saga of 2012, the Mavs and forward Lamar Odom have agreed to part ways.  Odom will be inactive for the rest of the year, but will not be released so DAL can try to trade him this coming off-season.

Very sad!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/220366/Mavs_Agree_To_Part_Ways_With_Odom

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Odom inactive for rest of season

I don't know what the problem was but it is a shame we could not have taken a flyer on him.  The guy must be a mess though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

His Cousin was killed and then he got in a car accident that resulted In the death of a 15 year old kid. I think he is pretty haunted right now. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

His father is also apparently terminally ill.

I'd trade for him this off-season, depending on construction of the rest of the roster. He's very talented, and might benefit from a return to the general vicinity of his collegiate stomping grounds. He'll be 33 next year. While not young, that isn't old either. He could be an effective rotation player for another 2-3 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In Response to Re: Odom inactive for rest of season:
    [QUOTE]His father is also apparently terminally ill. I'd trade for him this off-season, depending on construction of the rest of the roster. He's very talented, and might benefit from a return to the general vicinity of his collegiate stomping grounds. He'll be 33 next year. While not young, that isn't old either. He could be an effective rotation player for another 2-3 years.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    Yes, it's very sad about LO.
    And yes, it's very interesting though about him becoming a Celtic. I don't know situation with his contract but I don't think DA has anyone to trade for him money-wise. If he could get him for MLE that'd be great.

AK

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]His father is also apparently terminally ill. I'd trade for him this off-season, depending on construction of the rest of the roster. He's very talented, and might benefit from a return to the general vicinity of his collegiate stomping grounds. He'll be 33 next year. While not young, that isn't old either. He could be an effective rotation player for another 2-3 years.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]its a CHARACTER issue. i bet he's not leaving any money on the table. no way doc would put up with this. comes down to bass or odom.. i would rather have a high character team guy like BASS. the bigger prob in dallas is that they kept playin odom at SF rather than pf or some center (small ball). he NEVER played sf in LA.. ever! mavs liked his freakish talent but never give thought to how to use him or hic perfectionistic -obssessive personality. he talked his way out of LA for they dared to  entertain trading him and risking his "stability". odom needs a winning situation, big city lights, perfect rotation minutes at PF and a no-trade clause. how many teams can really offer that? perhaps NY or miami! mavs did the right thing though by just cutting bait.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

I've always liked LO. Think he would be better off playing in the EC. If things would fit next season for the C's why not. Hope better days are ahead for LO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Mitch dumped him like a troubled veteran who needed some loyalty. Mitch makes Danny look good in comparison.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Odom inactive for rest of season:
    [QUOTE]In what has to be the most bizarre saga of 2012, the Mavs and forward Lamar Odom have agreed to part ways.  Odom will be inactive for the rest of the year, but will not be released so DAL can try to trade him this coming off-season. Very sad!! http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/220366/Mavs_Agree_To_Part_Ways_With_Odom http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Agree that is a very sad situation.  Hopefully, next season will be much better for him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i'd take odom in a heart beat. sorry to hear about a bunch of the stuff happening to him. no wonder he cant concentrate on basketball right now. he is only human.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

There was an article a few weeks ago that Kobe will be "lobbying" to bring Odom and Fisher back to L.A. next year.

Personally, as much as I like what Fish has done for the Lakers, I'd like to see Odom back, but Fish needs to stay in OKC or elsewhere. Sessions is doing quite well at the Point. The Lakers needed a PG upgrade more than anything and they got it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Odom inactive for rest of season:
    [QUOTE]In what has to be the most bizarre saga of 2012, the Mavs and forward Lamar Odom have agreed to part ways.  Odom will be inactive for the rest of the year, but will not be released so DAL can try to trade him this coming off-season. Very sad!! http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/220366/Mavs_Agree_To_Part_Ways_With_Odom http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Son, didn't you criticize the Laker Organization for getting rid of Odom for nothing more than a bag of balls?   LMAO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]LO burned too many bridges for the lakers to bring him back - maybe the Clips!!

If Kobe is lobbying for his return, I'm pretty sure the Lakers will at least listen. And if they can get him fairly cheap, I'm pretty sure Mitch Kupchak would work it out. I'm not saying it will happen, but the Lakers will make the moves they think will improve the team and bringing Odom back would fit into that scheme.

Just sayin'...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The Cs don't need another 33 yr body on the bench next season. No to Odom.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Mitch dumped him like a troubled veteran who needed some loyalty. Mitch makes Danny look good in comparison.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

The NBA is a business, not a baby sitting service.
    LA's loyalty to Odom was when they offered him another contract a few years ago.

Odom did not keep in shape during the lockout and was not going to have the same role in Mike Brown's offense.

Kupchak/Jim Buss trading him to Dallas was a great move for the team.
    Mark Cuban paid $17.8m for Odom's services this year and is responsible for $2.4m next season. Great move Mark...

Odom had a job to do and failed miserably this season. Stop feeling sorry for him. He should have retired and stopped accepting the paychecks if he didn't want to play anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Odom's a good guy with a big heart. I was saddened to see him go, but even more so watching him spiral downwards.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Odom inactive for rest of season : Yes, I did.  AND??  Fail, once again, to see your point.  He has since burned many bridges in both LA and DAL.  They DID trade him for a bag of balls, boy!!
    I love how you keep asking me to explain everything to you.  I hope you do a better job with your study hall students! lolol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Odom inactive for rest of season : The NBA is a business, not a baby sitting service. LA's loyalty to Odom was when they offered him another contract a few years ago. Odom did not keep in shape during the lockout and was not going to have the same role in Mike Brown's offense. Kupchak/Jim Buss trading him to Dallas was a great move for the team. Mark Cuban paid $17.8m for Odom's services this year and is responsible for $2.4m next season. Great move Mark... Odom had a job to do and failed miserably this season. Stop feeling sorry for him. He should have retired and stopped accepting the paychecks if he didn't want to play anymore.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7796599/sources-lamar-odom-argued-dallas-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban
    perhaps this is the issue. how would kg have responded? why is the owner injecting himself like this? you do it  before or after the game if you must and you don't keep questioning the man's heart? he's not the first guy to slump for a year, doesnt necessarily mean he's not trying.. crapp happens, he shows up to practice and the games

Sections
Shortcuts