Odom wants out of Dallas and into Green!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Re: Odom wants out of Dallas and into Green!

Pierce is the poster boy for the Celtics. I don't see team ownership trading him after he passed Larry Bird to become the organization's 2nd all-time leading scorer. Pierce will retire a Celtic. It's great nonetheless if Lamar Odom will come over to the green side.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

If we can get Odom for little or nothing, then I say, let's do it.
    FYI, despite his talents, Odom is a head case (with the emphasis on head, if you catch my drift). 
    If we do land him, in addition to having a team physical therapist, we will need a team psychotherapist.
    This might be a first for an NBA team, btw.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

1. Ainge could and would trade Pierce just out of spite for Auerbach trading him - never underestimate long-held grudges.

2. I don't understand why the Celtics would trade Pierce, because no matter who they bring in (for whom they could legitimately get), Pierce is still the only guy they have who can create his points at crunch time. Allen can make the shots but can't do what Pierce can to get the shot. If another team believes Pierce might be their missing piece, the Celtics would create theirs in the trade.

3. Odumb might like to return to the East having grown up in Queens and playing a little while for Rhode Island. Dallas (city) is not a destination despite what some people might try to promote. Cowboy boots, big hair, and not much else. 

4. To be fair, Odumb had an absolutely terrible childhood and has done pretty well - basketball saved him, for sure. I never cared for the talk about Delonte's emotional problems, so I wouldn't presume to call Odumb anything but dumb, as evidenced by his deplorable behavior last year. "Head case" might not describe him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gamble_34. Show Gamble_34's posts

In Response to Re: Odom wants out of Dallas and into Green!:
    [QUOTE]Pierce is the poster boy for the Celtics. I don't see team ownership trading him after he passed Larry Bird to become the organization's 2nd all-time leading scorer. Pierce will retire a Celtic. It's great nonetheless if Lamar Odom will come over to the green side.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

Well Said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Hey guys....any player is expendable especially if the return is much better. It's a business!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I like the Odom move.

I wouldnt mind Beasley but not as a P.P. replacement. He is a shooter who could be a 4, but he cant play the wing effectively (driving to the hole, beating his man off the dribble)

So now with Ray and Beasley, you dont have a closer anymore that can create his own shot and get to the rim.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]I like the Odom move. I wouldnt mind Beasley but not as a P.P. replacement. He is a shooter who could be a 4, but he cant play the wing effectively (driving to the hole, beating his man off the dribble) So now with Ray and Beasley, you dont have a closer anymore that can create his own shot and get to the rim.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

What do you mean,we won't have a closer anymore? We don't have a closer now, that's our problem!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

If Green comes back it would be good for next year and I guess my real question would be, Is Pierce hurting right now with that foot or some other ailment, or is this the P.P. we have going forward?

If he isnt hurt, He can go. The last few weeks he has been a shell of himself, he sits before Ray does and the refs act like they have been ordered to never call a foul for him again.  If he isnt gonna get any calls anymore, he is basically a glorified 3 pt shooter and to that I say, Peitrus looked good on that baseline Jam last night and would be my choice to be the new slasher. His knees are probably starting to feel good.

I would trade M.D. too, he is an enigma.

Pav and J.J. are fine to me. Peitrus can play 2/3. Wilcox can play 3 in spurts if you wanna go big.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

wow..could we catch a break maybe?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this elsewhere under "There are Rumors that Odom might be bought out and retire."

Firslty, I am not an Odom fan but he did contribute to our Game 7 loss a couple of years ago. There was comment about he hates Boston & would never sign with us.  Hmmm?  Shaq did !!! I'm just feeling that he might be pi--ed enough at the Lakers that he could come back with a vengenge. Forget what I say below about giving up Ray Allen because if we can get him cheap, he's worth the gamble. I mean Ray Allen scred 22 pts last night. On another team he'd really be welcomed and dangerous as Rondo not needed to be guarded so much beyond the perimeter, Ray is many times double teamed. But if Odom wants to return to his roots in the East, either with us or NJ, I say Pierce deserves to retire a Celtic as our #2 scoring leader but, as he is from So. Cal, he could be asked if he'd like to play with the Clippers---UGH !!! Not the Lakers !!! Mo Williams would be a good pick up.

Fiercest says Odom is all washed up...again, maybe so but can't be any worse that JO. Heck, he's only 31 and I don't think he's had the injury issues Bynum has had. Not comparing him to Bynum who's almost as good as DW when healthy, I think.

I posted this before about our need for a Biggie and specifically, Gasol, Kaman, or Gortat. But then I said... how far fetched is my thinking with this gamble/possiblity.  The Mavs are not happy with Odom. He is not happy being trading from the Lakers. Maybe he is washed up but maybe a change to a new team where he could play major minutes & know he is appreciated might make a world of difference. Could we get him cheaply? Would it be worth Ray Allen whom I'm sure the Mavs would love as he wouldn't be so double teamed & would be a tremendous scoring addition. Would like to get Odom w/o giving up Allen, maybe a draft pick. Then if Odom is a bust as I think JO was/is, we still have Rondo to hopefully get Gasol, Kaman or Gortat or we wait & try for Howard & Deron Williams.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

For Bigs why get stiffs like Kaman or old guys like Gasol??

I would take Varajeuo(sp) in a heartbeat(dont know his contract #'s) but he is a hustler who boards and plays D, can be a pest and gets in the head of some good players(Ray Allen) and has developed a nice 12 footer to go with it.

He is young and would fix a lot of problems we have. Runs the floor Well. Did not play last night so they want to move on from him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Shaq signed for Boston when he'd worn out his welcome mat with most teams and was like 165yrs old.
    Boston took Shaq cause of pronounced weaknesses in the paint and on the boards and believed Shaq could fill this gap.

How'd that work out?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Gasol, KG, Odom could be a nice versatile frontline

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Pierce can fetch us more than Haywood and Odom..............how about Jefferson?

We could send JON for Odom............both bad contracts

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Odom has all the talent in the world, but...

He barks, chases cars, and would sell his soul for a can of Alpo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Odom wants out of Dallas and into Green! : I'm assuming Ainge is contemplating Beasley for JON ... Then Pierce is expendable for Odom and more. Odom solves the PF problem but we still need a Big @ center which are hard to come by at this point in the season. Haywood could be package with Odom and match up salary-wise with Pierce. Odom hasn't given Dallas what they needed but Pierce playing with Dirk could. Is Utah looking to move Jefferson or is that your personal pipedream?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming he is...................just like you're assuming JON for Beasley!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

beasley is 6 10 and although he does play sf, he usually plays more pf, but either way he is versatile and depending on the matchup can do either or.  Actually very similar to jeff green.