Odom wants out of Dallas and into Green!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

Re: Odom wants out of Dallas and into Green!

why would utah give up a young, talented big, for an aging paul pierce.  Its not like they are contenders.  Utah would never do that.  I also think its wishful thinking that dallas would trade odom for JO.  I would like to send a first rounder and JO and possibly more for Michael Beasley.  Beasley just turned 23.  I understand hes a little bit of a headcase, but if he matures he could be one of the best scoreres in the NBA.  Only problem is I believe he will be a free agent after the year.  Rondo, bradley, jeff green, beasley and a bunch of cap room is a nice start.  Add a couple free agents and MAYBE ray and KG sign for vet min.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Odom yes. If it is for next to nothing.

The idea that Minn. would take JON for Beasley sounds crazy and impossible.

Pierce needs to stay.  I hope DA gets started soon because the speculation is approaching the ridiculous.  Beasley for JON who would want JON. JON cant stay healthy for a week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Odom wants out of Dallas and into Green!:
    In Response to Re: Odom wants out of Dallas and into Green! : RFA after this year with $8M QO .... that, Bass, Green & Pietrus would all be doable as well as 1-2 max deals for FA's especially if Rondo is traded for say DWill. Ray could be traded by the deadline for Martin or Ellis with a sweetener (pick) to GS.
    Posted by Mployee8

YOUR pipedream??  Or is this a trade you'd like to see??

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Odom yes. If it is for next to nothing. The idea that Minn. would take JON for Beasley sounds crazy and impossible. Pierce needs to stay.  I hope DA gets started soon because the speculation is approaching the ridiculous.  Beasley for JON who would want JON. JON cant stay healthy for a week.
    Posted by concord27

why? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Odom wants out of Dallas and into Green! : why? 
    Posted by JamezHill24

Thanks, you saved me from asking the very same thing!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Here's what Chad Ford had to say about the Celtics an hour ago or so: Chris (Boston) Heard that Celtics are planing on disbanding Big 3... what are the chances that Pierce is traded and what can they get for Pierce? Chad Ford   (1:17 PM) I think Ainge would prefer to trade: Rondo, Allen, and KG in that order before Pierce. But Danny won't hesitate to pull the trigger if he can. Remember, he went through several miserable years of rebuilding from scratch. He doesn't want to go back to that place and frankly the Celtics are like a season and a half away from there. If he can make the moves now to shore up the future of the franchise, he will. The problem is that while Rondo, Allen, KG and Pierce are all excellent players, none of them have great trade value right now. Rondo has the most, but many teams are worried about chemistry issues with him. Allen and KG are well past their primes and are free agents next season. Pierce is better but he's due $16.8 million next year. I'm not sure how Danny pulls this off.   And for Red-Russ this regarding Utah ... No mention of Jefferson:   Kurt (Utah) Think the Jazz can pull off a Rondo trade? Chad Ford   (1:33 PM) They have the pieces to get one done. I just don't see Kevin O'Connor giving up on Favors, Kanter, Burks or Hayward yet. Even if that brings back Rondo.   and more info from Utah press: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/53607853-62/jazz-trade-utah-deadline.html.csp Utah also doesn't feel pressure to move starting big men Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap to make room for young power forward Derrick Favors and center Enes Kanter in the near future.
    Posted by Mployee8

honestly, outside of the Pau rumor, i have heard a whole lot more scenarios involving Pierce and Ray Allen then Rondo or KG. this makes sense to me bc those two are playing the best out of the big 4 right now. but anything can happen..Danny can suprise us all and try to pull off a blockbuster, straight up trade of Rondo for Luke Ridnour!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Here's what Chad Ford had to say about the Celtics an hour ago or so: Chris (Boston) Heard that Celtics are planing on disbanding Big 3... what are the chances that Pierce is traded and what can they get for Pierce? Chad Ford   (1:17 PM) I think Ainge would prefer to trade: Rondo, Allen, and KG in that order before Pierce. But Danny won't hesitate to pull the trigger if he can. Remember, he went through several miserable years of rebuilding from scratch. He doesn't want to go back to that place and frankly the Celtics are like a season and a half away from there. If he can make the moves now to shore up the future of the franchise, he will. The problem is that while Rondo, Allen, KG and Pierce are all excellent players, none of them have great trade value right now. Rondo has the most, but many teams are worried about chemistry issues with him. Allen and KG are well past their primes and are free agents next season. Pierce is better but he's due $16.8 million next year. I'm not sure how Danny pulls this off.   And for Red-Russ this regarding Utah ... No mention of Jefferson:   Kurt (Utah) Think the Jazz can pull off a Rondo trade? Chad Ford   (1:33 PM) They have the pieces to get one done. I just don't see Kevin O'Connor giving up on Favors, Kanter, Burks or Hayward yet. Even if that brings back Rondo.   and more info from Utah press: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/53607853-62/jazz-trade-utah-deadline.html.csp Utah also doesn't feel pressure to move starting big men Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap to make room for young power forward Derrick Favors and center Enes Kanter in the near future.
    Posted by Mployee8

So basically, my Rondo for Jefferson trade has about as many legs as your Rondo for DWill trade!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Odom wants out of Dallas and into Green! : Red/Russ ... What's with all the exclamation points? You angry? Probably .... I just don't want to trade Rondo prematurely like some here. If he really is our most valuable asset then I want a superstar in return for him. If NJ loses out on DH they will need to move DWill to save face and Rondo does that for them and gives us what we need long term. So I'm just saying be patient when it comes to Rondo ... he'll bring us something good or be an effective facilitator with a much younger/athletic team should he stay. Danny needs to upgrade our talent first with trades of at least 1 or two of the Big Four by the deadline. Then he can do some horse trading this summer with better assets and more cap space to work with. Let's not put the "horse" before the carriage and have our hands tied during free agency with a different set of aging vets.
    Posted by Mployee8

my question is, if we can get Odom and possibly a Haywood, would posters like Fierce still wanna trade Rondo?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Odom wants out of Dallas and into Green! : I wasn't in favor of trading PP but the more I think about it, it's better than being stuck with his salary (sans amnesty) if indeed he is not injured and just losing his game faster than expected. I want out if we can get Beasley for JON and have both Pietrus and Green in his slot as well. We won't get another Superstar so two players like Odom & Haywood fill some holes and both can run with Rondo and make the team competitive till other moves are made this summer. I'd play KG out and try to resign him next year and hold onto Rondo in case DWill becomes available. Ray should have more value than Chad Ford indicates for a playoff contender so I'd hold out for a young SG or a combo of picks & player/s.
    Posted by Mployee8

I think his salary will keep him a Celtic, but if we could get Odom and Haywood for him i'm all for it!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Mmh, the Mavs are the defending champion even if they lost some key players. They are still better than the Cs. Cuban is a great GM and loved by his players. Dirk is a great leader who doesn't look for stats. Why should Odom be more motivated in green? 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

If we can get Odom for little or nothing, then I say, let's do it. FYI, despite his talents, Odom is a head case (with the emphasis on head, if you catch my drift).  If we do land him, in addition to having a team physical therapist, we will need a team psychotherapist. This might be a first for an NBA team, btw.
    Posted by breaktime

WELL SAID, ODOM is full of talent but also full of sh*t, and it may take a team of shrinks to keep him on the floor, BUT the man can dribble drive like Kobe and finish over Howard, its certainly worth a try to add him, he rocks!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Odom wants out of Dallas and into Green! : why? 
    Posted by JamezHill24

I want to keep Paul.  He is still effective as a player.  If a trade of great value is out there of course it should be considered, but logic dictates it won't happen.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Pierce will not be traded, period. At least not this season. The Celtics owners love him. It would be a horrendous public relations move. I know it could possibly help, but let's deal with reality here. The only way the Celtics trade Pierce is if they add a clearly better player in his place or if he asks out. Brendan Haywood and a guy who might be bought out (Odom) are not undeniably superior replacements.

That said, I love the idea of adding Lamar Odom. I'm not sold on Brendan Haywood whatsoever. Haywood is under contract for four more years after this one. He's also vastly overpaid. I'd rather have impending free agents Ersan Ilyasova, JaVale McGee, Roy Hibbert, or even Chris Kaman for that kind of money.

Sections
Shortcuts