Off season plans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Off season plans

Back on the topic of the Celtics - let's address what we need next year.

I am hoping, beyond hope, that with our two first round picks, we select Perry Jones of Baylor and Doron Lamb of Kentucky

The four players not under contract for next year we need to keep are:
    Steamer, Bass, Green and EITHER Ray or Pietrus. 

Of the Hibbert/Kaman/McGee trio, we need to land ONE of them - keep Steamer, and maybe Hollins (with a full training camp)

Of the Mayo/Foye/Young/Gordon, we need to get a least one - I'm saying
    Foye right now.

I feel depth will be very important going forward.  KG is a tough call - but let's just say he walks......and retires.

My team is now:
    Rondo/Bradley/Moore
    Foye/Allen/Lamb
    PP/Green/?
    Jones/Bass/JJJ
    Hibbert- Kaman-McGee/Steamer/Hollins

Not a bad team, maybe a 6 or 7 seed in the East -what do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Off season plans

In Response to Re: Off season plans:
    Say we get Hibbert, we have to offer a max deal. Is it worth it or should we wait for Bynum/Howard? So lets go with Hibbert at the max I sign and trade Ray and Johnson for Mayo... Memphis picks up his qualifying offer, Boston gives Ray just a lil more than the MLE, like 2/12 and there you have it. Memphis was moving on from Mayo anyhow. Bass picks up his player option (4m) and KG comes back for like 1 year 3-4 million. Green gets the full MLE for 1 year after passing a physical and working out. I badly want to draft Dion Waiters. I see him as an underrated star, a future Kendell Gill type strong 6'4" SG who scores a quiet 18 a game and is a SCARY 4th best player. C - Hibbert, Steamer PF - Bass, KG SF - Green, Pierce SG - Waiters, Avery PG - Rondo, Mayo I start Waiters over Mayo/Avery but play both those guys more mins than him (like Mayo 28, Avery 20, Waiters 16). I just think the Avery/Mayo duo has so much potential to just DESTROY the will of a teams bench. Mayo closes out games w/ Pierce and KG as well. Bass and Green are startng and playing 28 mins to run and dunk and let Rondo be the PG he was meant to be. KG and Pierce should be down around 22-26 mins. Pierce wins 6th man of the year No clue who the 2nd draft pick is. We may need both picks to move up and get Waiters (pick up a future 1st). If not, I'd just get the best big available as Bass is on a 1 year and KG close to retirement. That should be the #3 seed in the East for Pierce's last 2 years, with title shots if certain players improve while KG/Pierce remain as effective as they are now.
    Posted by rameakap

Nice as always, but who do we take with our other pick?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

a Hibbert-KG-Pierce-Avery-Rondo team is scary on D a KG-Green-Pierce-Mayo-Rondo team is scary on offense
    Posted by rameakap

I like the idea of signing Hibbert, but not sure that he won't resign with Indiana.  What a different team the Celtics could have been this season if they had a center who could contribute and wasn't injured. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Off season plans : I like the idea of signing Hibbert, but not sure that he won't resign with Indiana.  What a different team the Celtics could have been this season if they had a center who could contribute and wasn't injured. 
    Posted by susan250

IF IND matches the offer..............they are notoriously cheap...we NEED to do it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Thanks for the responses.

Maybe we will sign Hibbert for next season.  He would be my first choice for center next season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Thanks for the responses. Maybe we will sign Hibbert for next season.  He would be my first choice for center next season. 
    Posted by susan250

Kaman is #2...........he can score and rebound!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I like Mayo and Humphries also............can we move up to get Sullinger or Leonard?  And can we afford Kaman, Humphries and Mayo?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kaman would have been a great move.  Maybe something magical is happening without him.  I can hope can't I.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Off season plans : I like Moultrie better than Leonard... but he's solid as well I'd trade both our 1st rd picks (and JJJ) if it meant we got either of those two or Sullinger (maaaybe Perry Jones) then we concentrate the cap space on getting Eric Gordon or OJ Mayo. Mayo seems to be the better fit and his team less likely to match an offer. New Orleans is more likely to match even tho Gordon hates is there and was hurt all year simply b/c they can't get nothing but a pick in the 10-14 range and the yet to develop Aminu for Chris Paul.
    Posted by rameakap

I would love Perry Jones.....how do you feel about Royce White?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Off season plans : White killed my Huskies and looks like a man among boys but I guess he also has maturity/consistency issues He'd be ok at pick 23-26 as far as talen, he's only 6'8" tho, may be redundant with Bass
    Posted by rameakap

Right, I was assuming Bass leaves, or wants more money.........Reggie Evans and Leon Powe are both only  6'8", aren't they?  Rebounding is an attitude!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

We do get the MLE to use once the cap space has been spent right Fierce?
    Posted by rameakap

I THINK once you hit the cap, but are under the lux tax, you get full MLE. Once you hit Lux tax, you get mini-MLE.

What I'm not sure of, is if this starts after the season is over, or if it is revolving.  In other words, I'm not sure if we even get one this year, being under the cap, or if it's for all teams ONCE they hit the cap!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Why does Boston need another big??? You got the best player on the planet & the best big in JON playing today! Move on.

Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Anyone ever seen a worse Christmas movie than Elf?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I am happy with the way our team has played lately, especially, A. Bradley. Our guys are as athletic, except the BIG 3 of course, as any other team. We are a good shooting team probably averaging, I don't know the stats, 45-50% most games but we are last or close to last in rebounding. I mean last night 53 to 39 rebounds. If we were just even or behind 3-4 rebounds but not 14, we'd won by 10 pts. That's what makes LA competitive as other than Kobe their shooters need the extra shots that Bynum & Gasol give them.

I would keep the team intact with Bass, Pietrus, Stiemsma & Bradley. I prefer Hibbert than Kaman, who I don't think will answer all our rebounding problems next year. But I want to keep Green too and also Wilcox as not a 7 ft center he is still a Banger & will help our rebounding sort of like Powe did.  Also, I would draft 1-2 Centers and hope they develop quickly. Maybe I'd let Ray Allen go...he'd be desired as was Derek Fisher by a good rebounding team who can toss the ball out to him. But, if he wants to stay and know he'll play limited minutes, so be it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Here is the problem with the thoughts on this post.

Who in their right mind would really would want to play for Doc?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Say we get Hibbert, we have to offer a max deal. Is it worth it or should we wait for Bynum/Howard? So lets go with Hibbert at the max I sign and trade Ray and Johnson for Mayo... Memphis picks up his qualifying offer, Boston gives Ray just a lil more than the MLE, like 2/12 and there you have it. Memphis was moving on from Mayo anyhow. Bass picks up his player option (4m) and KG comes back for like 1 year 3-4 million. Green gets the full MLE for 1 year after passing a physical and working out. I badly want to draft Dion Waiters. I see him as an underrated star, a future Kendell Gill type strong 6'4" SG who scores a quiet 18 a game and is a SCARY 4th best player. C - Hibbert, Steamer PF - Bass, KG SF - Green, Pierce SG - Waiters, Avery PG - Rondo, Mayo I start Waiters over Mayo/Avery but play both those guys more mins than him (like Mayo 28, Avery 20, Waiters 16). I just think the Avery/Mayo duo has so much potential to just DESTROY the will of a teams bench. Mayo closes out games w/ Pierce and KG as well. Bass and Green are startng and playing 28 mins to run and dunk and let Rondo be the PG he was meant to be. KG and Pierce should be down around 22-26 mins. Pierce wins 6th man of the year No clue who the 2nd draft pick is. We may need both picks to move up and get Waiters (pick up a future 1st). If not, I'd just get the best big available as Bass is on a 1 year and KG close to retirement. That should be the #3 seed in the East for Pierce's last 2 years, with title shots if certain players improve while KG/Pierce remain as effective as they are now.
    Posted by rameakap

If I'm Bass I surely would go out on the market and test the waters.   Many people including the big mouth Tommy H, said Boston got the better end of that trade.  So if Bass is better than Baby, he can get at least what Baby's making which is 6.3 million/yr. Boston is going to be well under the cap and can afford to give Bass a 3 yr deal at roughly 6 million/yr.   This would be money well spent.  I'm sorry, but now way KG takes any cut back in salary to 4 million/yr.  lmao  KG is worth 8-10 million with incentives built in. He has been Boston's only consistent shooter all season.  No way Memphis gives you Mayo for Johnson and Allen.  That would be like taking a gun out and shooting yourself in the foot. So basically what you are saying is everybody is going to give Celtics sweetheart deals just so they can play ball in Boston!  Son, you need to be more realistic because I doubt if any of your wish list is going to happen for those prices.

Sections
Shortcuts