off the wall idea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

off the wall idea

Clevland has the first pick(DUH).  They are likely to take wiggins or Embiid.

If they pick wiggins, Waiters is extraneous.

If they pick Embiid, Varejo is extraneous

Offer Clevland the 17th pick for whichever they do not want straight up, using TPE to cover salary in the trade.  Clevland clears salary and a positional logjam.  C's fill a hole with a known quantity rather than risk a mid round pick to fill the hole.

Then we can use 6th pick on BPA, and either trade for an Asik type(if we got waiters) or maybe a gordon haywood if we got varejo. 

Cleveland will move a body i'd think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: off the wall idea

I think the Cavaliers draft Embiid, keep everybody else, and push for LeBron James. They'd be better than the Heat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to davidap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Cavaliers draft Embiid, keep everybody else, and push for LeBron James. They'd be better than the Heat.

[/QUOTE]

I agree

And I don't see how Waiters or Varejao become 'extraneous' if Wiggins or Embiid are the picks.

If they lose Deng then Wiggins plays a lot more SF than expected, but if they keep Deng than it is Alonzo Gee who is extraneous, and his option not picked up, not Waiters. It is Zeller who will play less C with Embiid, not Varejao. Anderson is such an injury risk anyhow that having 3 bigs is a good idea.

The Cavs should:

1. Draft Embiid.

2. Instead of a 9.8m option for Varejao at 1 year they decline that and sign him for 3 years 15 million

3. Trade Bennett, Waiters, Thompson and 3 future picks to the T'Wolves for Love.

This leaves them with 38 million in salaries, plus 5 million for Embiid is 43. Salary cap is 63 million. LeBron signs for 4 years 88 million (5% raise each year)

C - Varejao, Zeller, Embiid

PF - Love, Varejao

SF - LeBron

SG - Karasev, Jack

PG - Irving, Jack

They'll need to add another SG-SF with the MLE, but veterans would be lining up to play with LeBron on the cheap. Maybe LeBron even throws Cleveland a huge bone and signes for like 4 years 70 million, leaving enough space to let the Wolves throw Kevin Martin or Barea into the deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Your assuming varejo takes half what he is making now...I doubt he would.  He also would see his minutes cut to probably 1/2 the current over the next few years.  Not a good thing for a vet to swallow.

Remember they would also get our pick #17 in my idea...all from a decent team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your assuming varejo takes half what he is making now...I doubt he would.  He also would see his minutes cut to probably 1/2 the current over the next few years.  Not a good thing for a vet to swallow.

Remember they would also get our pick #17 in my idea...all from a decent team.

[/QUOTE]

Oh I didn't disagree that pick #17 wouldn't be enough for Varejao. If this was 2010 (Avery pick) or 2012 (Melo pick) and C's were still contending I'd have swapped Baby or Bass and the pick for Varejao in a second. It is too much value for us to give up NOW, unless we are contending.

Varejao will be 32 in September and has appeared in 31-25-25-65 games the past 4 years. He has only played for the Cavs his entire career. If they drafted Embiid and the offer was made to him in order to get LeBron back, I'm sure he'd consider signing 3/15 or 3/18. It is a TEAM option, not his.

I'd trade pick 17 for Waiters. Joel Anthony, pick 17 and the Clippers '15 pick would be a a deal I would do for Waiters.

Sections
Shortcuts