Offensive juggernaut!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Offensive juggernaut!!

Ok I'm running around the house like a little kid. Heinsohn is even laughing. The offense is EXACTLY what this team needed. They've always been a good passing team but now you have 5 LEGIT scorers on the court AT ALL TIMES. Ainge traded defense for offense. Any time you can run with the Warriors and get them frustrated that's a statement.

I'm sorry but Krstic is a MUCH better all around basketball player than Perk. His hands are excellent. NOW we have a GREAT bench...and Murf hasn't even got going yet.

Oh Shaq is out...take a few more weeks off big fella, we got this. JON you better get healthy soon or you can just stay home.

60 points at the half!!! Are you kidding me? These are the C's right??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Offensive juggernaut!!

In Response to Offensive juggernaut!!:
    [QUOTE]Ok I'm running around the house like a little kid. Heinsohn is even laughing. The offense is EXACTLY what this team needed. They've always been a good passing team but now you have 5 LEGIT scorers on the court AT ALL TIMES. Ainge traded defense for offense. Any time you can run with the Warriors and get them frustrated that's a statement. I'm sorry but Krstic is a MUCH better all around basketball player than Perk. His hands are excellent. NOW we have a GREAT bench...and Murf hasn't even got going yet. Oh Shaq is out...take a few more weeks off big fella, we got this. JON you better get healthy soon or you can just stay home. 60 points at the half!!! Are you kidding me? These are the C's right??
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I do not know if I ever watched a celtics game just waiting to see the bench play. Jeff Green is playing like he back in Georgetown. Murph is going to take a few weeks to get in a frove he hasnt played much. Green and Krstic were starters they came here ready. I am grinning ear to ear.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The scary thing, is that we know they WILL get better..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

major stokem bra'...go Celts! go Green!?!?!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Missed the game but love to read the enthusiasm. Normally we would be carping about a blown lead.  Go Celtics!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

When was the last time the Celts had 3 players scoring 20 points or more in a game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

He reminds me a lil like Reggie with his 1st step. I like him slashing to the basket.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Celts 91.7% from the FT line tonight. It really makes the game easier if your Center can catch the ball and when gets fouled makes the FTs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Offensive juggernaut!!:
    [QUOTE]Celts 91.7% from the FT line tonight. It really makes the game easier if your Center can catch the ball and when gets fouled makes the FTs.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    You can say that again. Krystic is more mobile and agile than I thought he was. He's far from a speed demon, but I previously thought that he was as slow as Ilgauskas. I'm glad I thought wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Celts 91.7% from the FT line tonight. It really makes the game easier if your Center can catch the ball and when gets fouled makes the FTs.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    91.7% from the line for the team has to mean Rondo was 0-0 from the line.
    That guy's still got a ways to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

way to look at the glass as half empty. this team is deep and several players are hurt. it doesn't matter they just plug and play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offensive juggernaut!! : 91.7% from the line for the team has to mean Rondo was 0-0 from the line. That guy's still got a ways to go.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure if Perk would have gone 5-6 from the FT line either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Only 43 pts in the second half hardly qualifies as a juggernaut.  Of course our bench was severly depleted as usual.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offensive juggernaut!! : I'm not so sure if Perk would have gone 5-6 from the FT line either.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Point noted

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Offensive juggernaut!!:
    [QUOTE]Ok I'm running around the house like a little kid. Heinsohn is even laughing. The offense is EXACTLY what this team needed. They've always been a good passing team but now you have 5 LEGIT scorers on the court AT ALL TIMES. Ainge traded defense for offense. Any time you can run with the Warriors and get them frustrated that's a statement. I'm sorry but Krstic is a MUCH better all around basketball player than Perk. His hands are excellent. NOW we have a GREAT bench...and Murf hasn't even got going yet. Oh Shaq is out...take a few more weeks off big fella, we got this. JON you better get healthy soon or you can just stay home. 60 points at the half!!! Are you kidding me? These are the C's right??

So, how'd you feel in the second half, when the C's started to give it back?

The reality is, the Celtics came two possessions away from losing to a pretty bad team on their home court.  Offense isn't the answer; defense is.  So this new offensive juggernaut barely eeked out a win at home last night.  I agree that they are much better (and quicker) on offense, but they give it back on defense.  Did no one else watch GS run over Boston on offense last night? 

We need to look at the defensive stats since Perk's departure...they're pretty grim, especially on the boards.  Boston is lucky that they get to break-in their new team against really bad teams.  If they had played Chicago, SA, LA, or Dallas last night, they would've been destroyed. 

Imo, Chicago is now the best team in the east, if not the league. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fryber. Show fryber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Offensive juggernaut!! : So, how'd you feel in the second half, when the C's started to give it back? The reality is, the Celtics came two possessions away from losing to a pretty bad team on their home court.  Offense isn't the answer; defense is.  So this new offensive juggernaut barely eeked out a win at home last night.  I agree that they are much better (and quicker) on offense, but they give it back on defense.  Did no one else watch GS run over Boston on offense last night?  We need to look at the defensive stats since Perk's departure...they're pretty grim, especially on the boards.  Boston is lucky that they get to break-in their new team against really bad teams.  If they had played Chicago, SA, LA, or Dallas last night, they would've been destroyed.  Imo, Chicago is now the best team in the east, if not the league. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

If the trade had not happened, Perkins would not have played very much in the 4th quarter anyway (assuming he was healthy), instead, Big Baby would have taken most of the minutes (assuming he was healthy). In any case, the offensive drought would probably have been much worse, and if the Celtics still managed to win the game (which I'm not too sure about), it would have been with much less scoring, i.e. still a very close game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Only 2 more pts per game than pre trade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Only 2 more pts per game than pre trade.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Actually the Celts have been averaging more than a 100 pts since the trade. 100.85 ppg in 7 games, including the loss to the Sixers, since Green and Krstic started playing for the Cs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You are correct, I added it up before I posted.  I didn't take into consideration what we averaged before the trade but I am sure it was right around 97-98 pts per game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well the juggernaut is running on one wheel.  I believe they said we are averaging about 85 pts a game the last 8 games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well if our PG would stop playing and acting like a little b**** we would be alright.

I'm not sure what's going on with this team but AS RONDO GOES, SO GOES THE C's. It's not the way we like it but it's the way it is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Well if our PG would stop playing and acting like a little b**** we would be alright. I'm not sure what's going on with this team but AS RONDO GOES, SO GOES THE C's. It's not the way we like it but it's the way it is.

SIT HIS BUTT DOWN

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The starters are not moving the ball, getting easy shots, and hitting them like they did earlier in the year.  The bench isn't either, but they haven't been together long and aren't supposed to be as good a set of players.  The starters have lost all momentum and teamwork and confidence in their shots.  I think other teams also get that look in their eyes now as if to say 'wow - we can beat these guys!".   Did you see how excited Gasol was when he hit his shot and how Augustine was excited as he was kicking our butts?   They know the Celts have lost a step and lost some swagger.

Sections
Shortcuts