OFFICIAL Actual Fan Thread Nets versus Celtics Game 11/28/2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: OFFICIAL Actual Fan Thread Nets versus Celtics Game 11/28/2012

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem is there is no one behind him that seems to be able to step up and fill the void.

[/QUOTE]

That is why they signed Green but he is (at this point) nowhere near what they thought he would be.... he really has had only one good game ....

[/QUOTE]

That is why we keep on getting a lot of crappy minutes from Pierce.  If Green can play better and more consistent, then Pierce minutes could be reduced.  Pierce probably will benefit from less minutes too.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The problem is there is no one behind him that seems to be able to step up and fill the void.

[/QUOTE]

That is why they signed Green but he is (at this point) nowhere near what they thought he would be.... he really has had only one good game ....

[/QUOTE]

That is why we keep on getting a lot of crappy minutes from Pierce.  If Green can play better and more consistent, then Pierce minutes could be reduced.  Pierce probably will benefit from less minutes too.

[/QUOTE]

I agree in theory but Green has shown little or nothing in the minutes he gets...if you dont show your coach you deserve more minutes then you sure as heck arent going to get them

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry, buddy.  He got us what YOU wanted, but not me.  He got KG and I wanted that.  But, he did not get a big man and for yet another year - he didn't get one.  He let Perk and Semih go at a time when he counted on a broken down Shaq and JON.  Then they go and he has no big man last year.  Then this year he did the same.  That may be what YOU wanted, but its not what I wanted.

[/QUOTE]

You're not paying attention. 

Again, when Ainge signed KG, it meant no money to sign another big man. Get it?

Now, regarding trading Perk. It looks like Ainge made a mistake by trading Perk for Green. But that can still change if Ainge can trade Green.

And if you look at the payroll of the Celts since 2007, the Celts were always above the salary cap. So how could Ainge get that big when there was just no money available for it?

[/QUOTE]

But who would want Green and his contract unless is was a pretty good player which is just not the case now

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry, buddy.  He got us what YOU wanted, but not me.  He got KG and I wanted that.  But, he did not get a big man and for yet another year - he didn't get one.  He let Perk and Semih go at a time when he counted on a broken down Shaq and JON.  Then they go and he has no big man last year.  Then this year he did the same.  That may be what YOU wanted, but its not what I wanted.

[/QUOTE]

You're not paying attention. 

Again, when Ainge signed KG, it meant no money to sign another big man. Get it?

Now, regarding trading Perk. It looks like Ainge made a mistake by trading Perk for Green. But that can still change if Ainge can trade Green.

And if you look at the payroll of the Celts since 2007, the Celts were always above the salary cap. So how could Ainge get that big when there was just no money available for it?

[/QUOTE]

NO - I don't get it.  He signed Green, Lee, Terry, Wilcox, etc.   That's likely $15M right there.   A big man was of more importance than any of them.   Get it?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]

Thats a big IF... I just dont see a good chemistry on this team

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the chemistry can develop now that R9R's streak is over and the Cs can focus on playing team basketball again.... starting with some good D.

The streak was a major distraction.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But who would want Green and his contract unless is was a pretty good player which is just not the case now

[/QUOTE]

I keep saying it, Jeff Green is not a good fit for Boston. When he was with OKC, he was playing  well. 

We can all see Green has the moves. It's just not working out. 

[/QUOTE]

So are you telling me that Ainge Doc and owners could not see that Green wasnt a fit before they shelled out 36 mil? Thats pretty scary...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I keep saying it, Jeff Green is not a good fit for Boston. When he was with OKC, he was playing  well. 

We can all see Green has the moves. It's just not working out. 

[/QUOTE]

So are you telling me that Ainge Doc and owners could not see that Green wasnt a fit before they shelled out 36 mil? Thats pretty scary...

[/QUOTE]

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats a big IF... I just dont see a good chemistry on this team

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the chemistry can develop now that R9R's streak is over and the Cs can focus on playing team basketball again.... starting with some good D.

The streak was a major distraction.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

+1

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeff Green line:

2 points on 1-3 shooting; 0 rebounds; 0 assists; in 9:20 min 

We need an effective Jeff Green too...what a major failure so far.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.... how can you be 6'9 young athletic and not get 1 rebound in 13 mins of play??  Answer... you are soft...  for me, the scoring thing is nowhere near as important as what he can bring defensively and rebounding but it seems he is not able to do any of the 3... I really want to be patient with him but this is the same Green we saw before the surgery

[/QUOTE]

I think Green needs a vote of confidence from the Doc and get more minutes, preferably as a starter. he's not a guy who comes in and makes things happen for you in 10-15 minutes.

[/QUOTE]

I can think of 9 million votes of confidence he has gotten...

[/QUOTE]

yeah I know. But if it were only that simple.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to srinivasa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is there a shift in the Atlantic division? The demise of the C's? I still believe as long as KG is here we'll be in the conversation.

[/QUOTE]

Celts will be in the hunt if they get a big man.

[/QUOTE] You don't really believe that! You know as well as i do what they need to do!!  They shouldn't have given Kg big money, they should let Pierce walk after this year, and they should BLOW IT UP!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

Jeff Green was playing 37 minutes per game for OKC. He averaged in double figures in scoring for 4 years there. 

With Boston, Green is only getting 22 minutes per game.

Totally different role and totally different amount of playing time.

[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right.  We have two guys playing out of position (or rotation) Green obviously is not a good guy off the bench.  He has to start and get minutes.  Terry on the other hand is a  great bench player that thrives there.  We are starting him and he is not as effective.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Man we got a lot of fair weather fans.   Unbelievable 15 games into the season.  It will be funny when we get this straightened out and the weather changes on this board.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to srinivasa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is there a shift in the Atlantic division? The demise of the C's? I still believe as long as KG is here we'll be in the conversation.

[/QUOTE]

Celts will be in the hunt if they get a big man.

[/QUOTE] You don't really believe that! You know as well as i do what they need to do!!  They shouldn't have given Kg big money, they should let Pierce walk after this year, and they should BLOW IT UP!!!

[/QUOTE]

I wanted KG to come back but never expected the Cs to pay him that kind of money and that many years...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man we got a lot of fair weather fans.   Unbelievable 15 games into the season.  It will be funny when we get this straightened out and the weather changes on this board.

[/QUOTE]

That's true!

If the Celts can get Gortat, it would be a different team. Just like the Lakers swapped Kwame for Pau Gasol in 2008.

[/QUOTE]

I agree but what is the likelihood of this happening? To me, its not very!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Jeff Green was playing 37 minutes per game for OKC. He averaged in double figures in scoring for 4 years there. 

With Boston, Green is only getting 22 minutes per game.

Totally different role and totally different amount of playing time.

[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right.  We have two guys playing out of position (or rotation) Green obviously is not a good guy off the bench.  He has to start and get minutes.  Terry on the other hand is a  great bench player that thrives there.  We are starting him and he is not as effective.

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly stated! +1

Sections
Shortcuts