Official Game Thread: Wiz vs. Celts 11/07/12

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Official Game Thread: Wiz vs. Celts 11/07/12

obsess I think this sums it up Definition ob·sess [ əb séss ]   VERB  1.  transitive verb  never stop thinking about something:  to occupy somebody's thoughts constantly and exclusively "The desire for vengeance obsesses him." 2.  intransitive verb  be preoccupied:  to think or worry about something constantly and compulsively "You can't spend your vacation obsessing about money." [ Early 16th century. < Latin obsess-, past participle of obsidere "besiege," literally "sit opposite to" < sedere "sit" ]

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

It is because he can actually play and was NBA ready from the start.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Tonight we get to .500.  I think we'll get significant contributions from Terry and Jeff Green.

After the Milwaukee debacle and the Wizards turning a route into a game, the Celtics have no choice but to take this game very seriously.  I think we'll come out focused and ready to play.

Let's go Celtics!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Yes!! Lets go Celts!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

joining my first game thread of the season. It's good to be back, hoping for a good game tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

thats the confidence we need from Rondo. A couple years ago if he missed a jumper wed be waiting a couple qtrs for another shot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Also, really liking the early returns on Sully in the starting lineup. Im interested to see what Bass can do with the bench.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Wiz are 3 for 12.  We should be KILLING these guys (ie. up by 12 to 15). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We look really sloppy.  Slow to the ball.  Missing alot of shots.

Let's get the rust off and get this thing going.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

No KG, no D

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

KG

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I am "beginning" to question Jeff Green.  He is doing NOTHING on the court.  He looks scared out there.

This isn't about returning from a year off.  He looks NOTHING like he did in preseason.  He is not aggressive at all.  Defensively, he leaves alot to be desired.  When he just missed one at the rim and after a scrum under the basket and the ball went off Washington, he clapped his hands.  THAT is the first time I've ever seen the guy display some emotion.

I know it's early but he is just not affecting the game in the manner that he should.  He doesn't even look like he's capable of doing it.  With all that talent, he seems lost.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am "beginning" to question Jeff Green.  He is doing NOTHING on the court.  He looks scared out there.

This isn't about returning from a year off.  He looks NOTHING like he did in preseason.  He is not aggressive at all.  Defensively, he leaves alot to be desired.  When he just missed one at the rim and after a scrum under the basket and the ball went off Washington, he clapped his hands.  THAT is the first time I've ever seen the guy display some emotion.

I know it's early but he is just not affecting the game in the manner that he should.  He doesn't even look like he's capable of doing it.  With all that talent, he seems lost.

[/QUOTE]

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

all i can say is, KG looked absolutely lost at the beginning of last season too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

He must have heared us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Jamez, no comparison to any of KG's starts.  KG has done it his entire career.

srinivasa, Green made two baskets but then he went right back to the passive throw the ball towards the hoop and hope it goes in shot.

There is something really ugly about our offense.  We have no flow whatsoever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

This performance can't be blamed on Green.  This team is just pathetic and lethargic.  This team is out of sync and clearly not ready for the start of the season.  Some of that falls on Doc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

some players, when their J goes away, they play hard on the dfensive end and cornitbute in other ways. Others just play small.. Green seems to play timid when his J is no tfalling..The defense plays him of rthe drive until he starts to make the J..ala rondo...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

At some point, can your bench be "too good" in that you give each of them enough minutes so that your best players (Pierce) don't get enough minutes/rhythm?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Back to where we talked before - what are we getting out of the shooting guard position on this team?   Someone tell me what we are getting?  Nothing.

Be glad when Bradley is back!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Yeah, we have no pure shooters at this point..lets get the kid from Sacto...

or JJ Reddick...Kg can play tough d for another 2/3 years...wish he would play8/10ft  closer to basket though...those 15 ftrs will not drop  the same in two years..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Lot of evaluation of Green on this board.   Green is passive, true - but you have to admit that this performance can't be blamed on one guy.  Other than KG and maybe Rondo, I'm not seeing much out of anyone.  Pierce is 1 for 5.   Bass 1 for 4.  Terry 1 for 4.  Lee 0 for 3 (he and Terry together give us 1 for 7,....really???).  

KG 10 of the total 21 rebounds for the team.  

Just not a sharp team so far this year!

Sections
Shortcuts