Official Game Thread: Wiz vs. Celts 11/07/12

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Official Game Thread: Wiz vs. Celts 11/07/12

Looks to me like these guys don't know how to get open by just moving.  Perhaps because they don't know how to score except from some fixed spots.  The spacing at the offensive end is pretty bad.  Defensive, they are just not rotating and positioning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

This team is sad right now.  No one can shoot.  Why is that.  Lee, Terry, Green, were all brought in to score and not one can hit a shot and the Wizards are hitting like all stars.  What gives. Unbelievable watching this crap.  Don't get me wrong the C's are playing hard but it''s the F&^%ing Wizards.  Sad team right now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Fierce, I can agree that they need to rebuild chemistry.  I can agree that they need to learn to play together and that will reduce turnovers.

But, Jason Terry was used to getting wide open jumpers and he's getting that here.  Lee is also getting wide open, in rhythm jumpers.  They are just not knocking them down.  I don't worry about that for one game.  But, they have done is most of the 3.5 games played so far.  Only the first half of the first game did Lee shoot well.

There's no excuse for that.  Sorry - you're too sympathetic with them.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan, by no means am I blaming this game's performance on Jeff Green.  I'm just making an observation about his play.  He seems timid and lacks aggression.

Oh, as for this game's performance, Pierce is stinking it up big time.  Courtney Lee is playing horribly too as is Bass and Terry.  You can point to several players as reasons why tonight's performance is dismal.

37 points at halftime against the Wizards.  I fully expect a nice run in the 3rd.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

rondo and kg look like the only ones that are trying

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

This team is sad right now.  No one can shoot.  Why is that.  Lee, Terry, Green, were all brought in to score and not one can hit a shot and the Wizards are hitting like all stars.  What gives. Unbelievable watching this crap.  Don't get me wrong the C's are playing hard but it''s the F&^%ing Wizards.  Sad team right now. 

Stats:

Green  44% for the year on FG percent and 33% on 3 pointers

Terry   38% for the year so far and 29% on 3 pointers

Lee    50% for the year on FG but 25% on 3 pointers.

Please come back Bradley or Ray or anyone who can hit a darn shot!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

The Celts will win this game. They're just not going win by 20 or 30.

True.  But I'm expecting more than a win.....I want to see them play well now that we are in the 4th game of the season after 3 days of practice.   Time to show progress!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sully like BBD - inside - hustles but gets his shot blocked A LOT!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Celtsfan, by no means am I blaming this game's performance on Jeff Green.  I'm just making an observation about his play.  He seems timid and lacks aggression.

Oh, as for this game's performance, Pierce is stinking it up big time.  Courtney Lee is playing horribly too as is Bass and Terry.  You can point to several players as reasons why tonight's performance is dismal.

37 points at halftime against the Wizards.  I fully expect a nice run in the 3rd.

Understood.  We all want to see Green more agressive but I don't think its in his nature.  He'll play ok, but never a superstar due to lack of aggressiveness.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Fierce, I can agree that they need to rebuild chemistry.  I can agree that they need to learn to play together and that will reduce turnovers.

But, Jason Terry was used to getting wide open jumpers and he's getting that here.  Lee is also getting wide open, in rhythm jumpers.  They are just not knocking them down.  I don't worry about that for one game.  But, they have done is most of the 3.5 games played so far.  Only the first half of the first game did Lee shoot well.

There's no excuse for that.  Sorry - you're too sympathetic with them.

Shane Battier was only shooting 34% from 3pt land in the regular season last season. But in the playoffs and Finals, he was shooting lights out. He went from 34% to 38%.

We all know Lee and Terry are very good shooters. Eventually their shots will start falling.

I hope so.  But, Shane wasn't as important to the Heat record as Terry and Lee are to us.  We don't have Lebron and Wade to carry us offensively until he shows up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

We're still in this game!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The longer you let a team like this hang around, they get confidence..We need to get some separation soon...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Stats:

Imagine if we would have gotten Harden instead of Green,

25-30 points garanteed from the SG spot.

Rondo-Harden imagine that ...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

We'll win the game.  That's isn't a big concern.   HOW we win gives us a clue on how they are progressing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Stats:

Imagine if we would have gotten Harden instead of Green,

25-30 points garanteed from the SG spot.

Rondo-Harden imagine that ...

If we had gotten Chirs Paul, if we had drafted Duncan, if we had convinced Dwight Howard to join us, Imagine if we had gotten the first draft choice that year and gotten Durant.

If only......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We're getting ready to pull away in this game.  I can feel it!   Let's go, Celtics!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

We'll win the game.  That's isn't a big concern.   HOW we win gives us a clue on how they are progressing.

I know, it was kind of a lame joke.

I'm confident this team will gel but Green is key for us to be a true 

contender. We will need the preseason Green to have a chance vs Miami.

I'm less confident he can/will. 

Just saying he isn't playing like a 9 million/ year guy.

PS Harden is showing he's a max guy. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sorry, man.  I didn't catch the joke.  My bad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Wilcox, the energizer!   JT - breaking out of the shooting slump.....I hope.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Green should take notice.

Outside our Big 3, he's the most important piece.

Sections
Shortcuts