Officiating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Officiating

I attended the Celtics/Hawks game in person. I sat about 10 rows up from the court. This was easily the worst officiated game I've ever been to live. It appeared the referees wanted the Hawks to win. I can understand one bad call. I can maybe even understand two bad calls. But four in a row? And in the final possessions of overtime, no less? Even if the calls were correct (they weren't), referees usually don't blow the whistle on ticky-tack stuff in crunchtime. It has to be blatant to earn a call.

Contrast this game to the one in Miami. Much to my surprise, yesterday's game seemed unbiased and very well-officiated. Too often we only complain about the poorly officiated games without giving credit for the well-officiated ones.

Some referees actually do a decent to good job. That was the case in Celtics/Heat. It was not the case in Celtics/Hawks. Let's hope we don't get the latter guys again in the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Re: Officiating

In Response to Officiating:
    [QUOTE]I attended the Celtics/Hawks game in person. I sat about 10 rows up from the court. This was easily the worst officiated game I've ever been to live. It appeared the referees wanted the Hawks to win. I can understand one bad call. I can maybe even understand two bad calls. But four in a row? And in the final possessions of overtime, no less? Even if the calls were correct (they weren't), referees usually don't blow the whistle on ticky-tack stuff in crunchtime. It has to be blatant to earn a call. Contrast this game to the one in Miami. Much to my surprise, yesterday's game seemed unbiased and very well-officiated. Too often we only complain about the poorly officiated games without giving credit for the well-officiated ones. Some referees actually do a decent to good job. That was the case in Celtics/Heat. It was not the case in Celtics/Hawks. Let's hope we don't get the latter guys again in the playoffs.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

You must have been within earshot of Tommy Heinsohn. As a die hard, bleeding green Celtic fan, Tommy is an embarassment to the team with his whining on the air. It is really no wonder that the majority of Celtics fans always use the referrees as an excuse. I stay classy and I wish other Celtic fans would do the same.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Re: Officiating:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Officiating : You must have been within earshot of Tommy Heinsohn. As a die hard, bleeding green Celtic fan, Tommy is an embarassment to the team with his whining on the air. It is really no wonder that the majority of Celtics fans always use the referrees as an excuse. I stay classy and I wish other Celtic fans would do the same.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]
    Is this David Stern?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm surprised tommy didn't have a heart attack right on the spot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Officiating : You must have been within earshot of Tommy Heinsohn. As a die hard, bleeding green Celtic fan, Tommy is an embarassment to the team with his whining on the air. It is really no wonder that the majority of Celtics fans always use the referrees as an excuse. I stay classy and I wish other Celtic fans would do the same.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

Snoopsnizzle,
    In basketball, in a close game every ref's mistake has very high probability to decide the outcome of the game. Last nigh was a classic example. Thankfully Atl couldn't take advantage of those mistakes.
    As for your comment about classy fans - even the most classy fans shouldn't be blind and call spade a spade.

AK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officiating : Snoopsnizzle, In basketball, in a close game every ref's mistake has very high probability to decide the outcome of the game. Last nigh was a classic example. Thankfully Atl couldn't take advantage of those mistakes. As for your comment about classy fans - even the most classy fans shouldn't be blind and call spade a spade. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

Steimsma's push against Josh Smith was an offensive foul.
    Paul did smack Smith in the face, but that should have been a no call as Paul was already past Smith. Smith's exaggerated the foul, which forced the referee to make a call.

Pierce and Rondo exaggerate fouls all the time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

haha refs did all they possibly could to give the game to the hawks and the celtics still won! not at the garden you frauds!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

sure, you could call both fouls, but if you wanted to be that picky I'm sure you could have also called a foul on smith coming up and grabbing. I don't think either foul would be called 99 percent of the time.

I guess I need to look at the box score and see what the overall foul count looked like.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Boston's players and Doc ride and ride the referees all game long.
    They are not going to get the benefit of the doubt on 50/50 calls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I think most teams and coaches get on the officials.

Cousins and Perkins lead the league in techs with 9 each.
    Bryant has 9 and Bynum 7

Rondo leads BOS with 7

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officiating : Steimsma's push against Josh Smith was an offensive foul. Paul did smack Smith in the face, but that should have been a no call as Paul was already past Smith. Smith's exaggerated the foul, which forced the referee to make a call. Pierce and Rondo exaggerate fouls all the time.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Steamer on Smith was an absolute no call. Not even close. Pierce on Smith is not an offensive foul He already blew by Smith and it was incidental contact. He did not hit Smith to get open. You have to be kidding me. Blake shoves guys in the chest or head  or back with his forearm or stiff arms them to keep them off him for blatant offense fouls on dunks and gets no whistles.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE] At first I thought you were a little bit misguided fan and then I realized that you are a 100% troll. If you video'd the game and were a real FAN you could see that the refs were trying to give the game to Atlanta! . Just watch it.
    Take note C's FANS!!
    Gary

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]sure, you could call both fouls, but if you wanted to be that picky I'm sure you could have also called a foul on smith coming up and grabbing. I don't think either foul would be called 99 percent of the time. I guess I need to look at the box score and see what the overall foul count looked like.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]
     Troll!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]haha refs did all they possibly could to give the game to the hawks and the celtics still won! not at the garden you frauds!
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    +1!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree that the game was very poorly officiated.  I will be very happy when Stern retires, which I understand will be in 2014.  It wil be interesting to see if the officiating improves.   At least, I am hoping that it does. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officiating : At first I thought you were a little bit misguided fan and then I realized that you are a 100% troll. If you video'd the game and were a real FAN you could see that the refs were trying to give the game to Atlanta! . Just watch it. Take note C's FANS!! Gary
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

It's hard to believe that you really believe the referees are corrupt and wanted Atlanta to win. Both Steimsma and Pierce made contact with the defensive players head. Fouls were called.

Are all of the referees against Boston? Is it a league wide mandate for referees to help Boston's opponents?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officiating :  Troll!
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

Cole-ely is not a troll, but you are correct about schnoopschnizzle!!!  He is a fraud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officiating : It's hard to believe that you really believe the referees are corrupt and wanted Atlanta to win. Both Steimsma and Pierce made contact with the defensive players head. Fouls were called. Are all of the referees against Boston? Is it a league wide mandate for referees to help Boston's opponents?
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Funny never seen those calls go against the Fakers.  Imagine how exciting the NBA would be if everyone learned that Kome "pivot slide" move he has perfected.  You know the one where both feet are stationed near the free throw line and by the time he finishes sliding his pivot foot he is behind the three point line.  Very impressive that he hides it from the officials.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officiating : Funny never seen those calls go against the Fakers.  Imagine how exciting the NBA would be if everyone learned that Kome "pivot slide" move he has perfected.  You know the one where both feet are stationed near the free throw line and by the time he finishes sliding his pivot foot he is behind the three point line.  Very impressive that he hides it from the officials.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Kobe rides the officials all game.
    They don't love him or the Lakers.

Watch Ray Allen when he takes a 3 pointer on the run.
    He takes 3 or 4 small steps before he shoots it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

LeBron James is the KING.........of traveling!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]LeBron James is the KING.........of traveling!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

It would be a close race with the Mamba.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Mike Gorman never complains about officiating and even he was livid. It must have been bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Mike Gorman never complains about officiating and even he was livid. It must have been bad.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard the jokers the Fakers have announcing?  Talk about idiotic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Mike Gorman never complains about officiating and even he was livid. It must have been bad.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

The next time Mike Gorman disagrees with Tommy will be the first time.
    He is completely afraid to speak up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officiating : Have you ever heard the jokers the Fakers have announcing?  Talk about idiotic.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    The TV guys are bad.  The radio guys are okay, but Mychal Thompson is the Tommy Heinsohn of LA!!  A huge homer!  But, of course, Tommy and Mychal are PAID by the team to BE homers, so we have to take that into account!!

Sections
Shortcuts