OH DANNY BOY..... AGE & BASKETBALL = BAD TIMES.............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: OH DANNY BOY..... AGE & BASKETBALL = BAD TIMES.............

In Response to Re: OH DANNY BOY..... AGE & BASKETBALL = BAD TIMES.............:
    [QUOTE]i thought the same thing about o'neal at miami. but wasn't he fairly decent in the playoffs last year? not horrible at least? we heard so much about the short preseason denying players - particularly older players - the chance to get their legs under them and that it would take several weeks to get rolling. i'm going to assume there's some truth in that and that o'neal and kg will improve their alarmingly diminished performance as this early season progresses. after a month or so if their performance still bloze, well, danny and doc'll just do whatever they gotta do.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

I agree.  KG griped about the shortened training camp, so he perhaps knew he was not in the best shape.  They will give it time, but........at the deadline this year, one or both will have to go!!  Not having Jeff Green really killed this team.  I think they were counting on him a great deal.  Picture Green and Daniels out there instead of Sasha and Daniels!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OH DANNY BOY..... AGE & BASKETBALL = BAD TIMES............. : I agree.  KG griped about the shortened training camp, so he perhaps knew he was not in the best shape.  They will give it time, but........at the deadline this year, one or both will have to go!!  Not having Jeff Green really killed this team.  I think they were counting on him a great deal.  Picture Green and Daniels out there instead of Sasha and Daniels!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you about Green.  I was really looking forward to watching him this year and believe he would have been a great help to the Celtics this season.  I also agree that many NBA players probably aren't in the best shape and the shortened training camp isn't helping many teams.  We can only hope that the Celtics will improve  as the season progresses. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Season rests on KG's legs. If he can still move they can make a run. If not then I would also concede the season. Hey they nearly beat Miami without CPP, season is not toast yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Also, anybody else scratching their head on switching West for Dooling. Delonte is twice the player of Dooling, way better on defense and equal on offense.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to "Re: OH DANNY BOY..... AGE & BASKETBALL = BAD TIMES.............": [QUOTE]Season rests on KG's legs. If he can still move they can make a run. If not then I would also concede the season. Hey they nearly beat Miami without CPP, season is not toast yet. Posted by futbal[/QUOTE] Bump on tonight's solid showing. JO moved well and elevated. Hoping KG is just flat out of the gate and will find his legs in a game or two. Any Celtics fans left on this board?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OH DANNY BOY..... AGE & BASKETBALL = BAD TIMES............. : Too much Kathy Lee Gifford for you ... the key word in my post was "or" not and as you misinterpreted.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Is it really necessary that you have to be hostile to everyone that doesn't see eye to eye with your views?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OH DANNY BOY..... AGE & BASKETBALL = BAD TIMES............. : Just Fierce and his cronies ... I haven't attacked ... Only defended. If you read any thread you'll find Fierce is the first to attack every comment I make ... I won't put up with it ... I defend myself ... You do it and I'll respond to you as well if you just want to be a wise guy. You want to talk roundball, fine!

You don't attack? I find that hard to believe. When I was new here last season, you called me dull knife.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]Cause you acted like part of Fierce's late nite goon squad. If you read my posts since I've returned you'll see that the only time I've jumped on anyone is when I've been attacked ... Only Fierce and the usual characters so far.

You just jumped on me earlier when you said I had too much Kathy Lee Gifford.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OH DANNY BOY..... AGE & BASKETBALL = BAD TIMES............. : So your posting under multiple user names?

Yes, I use that other username as well.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Basketball anyone?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]then you are Fierce or KyBested .... only two I've mentioned gifford/griffin to.

That's exactly why I had to make a new account, you always associated kybested with Fiercest34. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OH DANNY BOY..... AGE & BASKETBALL = BAD TIMES............. : Roundball .... Yes!

I tried to be nice to you. And what did I get, too much Kathy Lee Gifford, that's what.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]you weren't being nice ... you were giving me crap about my mispelling of Gifford with Griffin ... Why would I respond nicely to you when it's been you (kybested), ConnectedRod and Taxomatrix acting as Fierces late nite goon squad ... And if you think I'll talk with you cause you've changed your name, that alone won't do it. Time to go ... Say hi to the StrawDog in the different time zone ... maybe you are sitting beside him right now. Who knows but I gotta go.

All I did was explain to you that Kathy Griffin is not Kathy Lee Gifford. People here can't correct you if you're wrong? You must be a narcisist.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OH DANNY BOY..... AGE & BASKETBALL = BAD TIMES............. : Seems you were insinuating that math was wrong when indeed your reading was typical of Fierce. Wonder if he got kicked off again and has been reincarnated as MajorMajor ... still sporting #34 pic ... Shouldn't surprise anyone after indicating he was working in another time zone in the IT biz. Here's your post precipitating the Gifford comment: Ray 10m Bass 4m Rondo 10m JO 6m That's 30m in exchange for 18.7m? Posted by kybested And as I replied, I said Ray "or" JO & Bass not all of them. PS: If you didn't want to be associated with Fierce, why would you use a pic of #34 ... Doesn't ring true KyBested ... Night Fierce, wherever you are ... Hahaha!!!

I provided a link that a Rondo and JO for Gasol trade works. No need to add Bass or Ray. 

All the posters here with Paul Pierce pics is Fierce34? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Relax and enjoy the seaon, it may be a long long long time before we are a playoff team again.  I supported the Celtics when Russell was on the radio laying it to the Russians in the Olympics.  I have supported the Celts through stretches of 20 plus year bad teams.  This team competes, enjoy it , most of you will head to another team or sport soon anyway, and the board will return to the real Celtic fans.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This thread started based on a premise that Danny may have goofed in waiting too long to disband the big three.  It had to end this way.  We can talk about how to salvage this season but most likely this will be a year of tamping down the usual highest expectations.  Anything can happen and that is why we micromanage every little event along the way.

Hopefully Danny is already moving on in his plans with Doc for the next Celtic era.  

Sections
Shortcuts