OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET????

WELL DANNY, TIME FOR SOME NEW GROCERYS !!!  YA THINK ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

Re: OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET????

Dead men walking!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to "OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET????":
         WELL DANNY, TIME FOR SOME NEW GROCERYS !!!  YA THINK ???? Posted by Bill-806
    Yes I agree they should make a move to shake up the roster! Let's wait and see if ol Danny has anything in the works before trade deadline.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET????:
    In response to "OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET????": Yes I agree they should make a move to shake up the roster! Let's wait and see if ol Danny has anything in the works before trade deadline.
    Posted by Brawny27
    WAIT ? WAIT ???  WAIT HE!!, DO IT NOW, DANNY, DO IT NOW !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET???? : WAIT ? WAIT ???  WAIT HE!!, DO IT NOW, DANNY, DO IT NOW !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Regarding doing an impusive trade for trade's sake & just a change.....

REMEMBER: The SECOND mouse gets the cheese !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET???? : Regarding doing an impusive trade for trade's sake & just a change.....           REMEMBER: The SECOND mouse gets the cheese !!!
    Posted by mandobello
      NO JUMP SHOT, CAN'T SHOOT FOUL SHOTS, CAN'T CONTROL HIS TEMPER......   =  A TICKET OUT OF TOWN !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NOTHING GOOD HAPPENS IN DALLAS !!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to "OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET????": Yes I agree they should make a move to shake up the roster! Let's wait and see if ol Danny has anything in the works before trade deadline.
    Posted by Brawny27

I wouldn't be surprised if Danny does trade at least one or two players before the trade deadline.  Not sure that it will improve the current Celtics roster, but I am expecting to see a couple of trades. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Logic says to stand pat and just play the season out since:
    1) no trade is likely to give the C's enough to win the title this year, and
    2) the cap space coming from expiring deals is worth a heluva lot more than anything they would likely get in return.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

It could be worse.  We could have untradable bad long-term contracts like the Knicks had a couple of seasons ago.  KG, Allen, and Jermaine have huge expiring deals.  Paul and Rajon have easilly tradable contracts.  If Danny wants to do something at the trade deadline or in the summer, there are TONS of things he could do.  He is pretty good at keeping everything secret until it happens, but Danny is always very active in trade talks and he has a gambler mentality.  

Sacramento and Utah have young and promising bigs.  I would go after young talent asap.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

It could be worse.  We could have untradable bad long-term contracts like the Knicks had a couple of seasons ago.  KG, Allen, and Jermaine have huge expiring deals.  Paul and Rajon have easilly tradable contracts.  If Danny wants to do something at the trade deadline or in the summer, there are TONS of things he could do.  He is pretty good at keeping everything secret until it happens, but Danny is always very active in trade talks and he has a gambler mentality.   Sacramento and Utah have young and promising bigs.  I would go after young talent asap.   
    Posted by GregCelts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Good post. Just keep Paul Pierce.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

trade rumor pau gasol to houston, rondo to lakers, luis scola and kyle lowry to celtics....if you can deal with rondo on the lakers i think this trade gives us a small shot to win this year....scola averaging 18 and 8 and lowry 16 and 6....kg,bass,scola,wilcox, Jo, and at pg lowry with avery coming in for D....not a bad team as scola is very underrated and lowry is only 25 and starting to make a name for himself....just a thought, not sure if i want to do it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

trade rumor pau gasol to houston, rondo to lakers, luis scola and kyle lowry to celtics....if you can deal with rondo on the lakers i think this trade gives us a small shot to win this year....scola averaging 18 and 8 and lowry 16 and 6....kg,bass,scola,wilcox, Jo, and at pg lowry with avery coming in for D....not a bad team as scola is very underrated and lowry is only 25 and starting to make a name for himself....just a thought, not sure if i want to do it
    Posted by Sev133
      IM WITH YOU..... LET'S FAST TRACK THIS ON TO DANNY !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to "Re: OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET????":
    In Response to Re: OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET???? : I wouldn't be surprised if Danny does trade at least one or two players before the trade deadline.  Not sure that it will improve the current Celtics roster, but I am expecting to see a couple of trades.  Posted by susan250
    I hear of one rumerd deal oneal for Dwight gooden, I am good with that!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Making a trade will not make the team any better.  You are subtracting one talent and adding a talent.  Better leave the team alone.  

Pierce and Allen will remain the team.  Allen is more likely willing to come back to sign with the team for a cheaper contract.  As well maybe to become a future six man bench player.  

Boston can trade Garnett, JO, Drooling, Bass, and Bradley for draft picks.

For Rondo, it is hard to judge on whether to trade him or not.  Rondo is just like Manny Rameriz of the Red Sox.  His bad attitude does influence the team, but Rondo is still a young player.  If Rondo is already in the 30's and he still behaving like Manny, then trade him.  I know it is a pain in the butt for Doc River to control him, but Doc is doing a heck of a job controling him for years.  

Anyway, next year Boston will have Rondo, JJ, Moore, Allen, Pierce along with two future first round picks and two talent future free agents.  That is probably a better team than they have this year!!

Or leave the team alone, and let these expiring contract players walk away except Allen!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

the patient is dying, danny, power is out, time for manual CPR...
    unltss youre steady with waiting for good draft picks in the lottery?

Blow IT Up

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

If you trade, it's a non expiring contract for something that makes the C's better in the long term...picks and young talent. If Pierce is gonna go, I think you have to send him for a shot at a ring, that way you save face as a franchise, he maybe gets a second ring, and the team gets better in the long haul. The best trade value is Rondo. He's the only one you'll get any potential star for. And the only way you send KG or Allen anywhere is if the other team sends back something stupidly good....like if McHale was still a GM.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Hey maybe we could trade Paul Pierce for Jason Kidd or maybe KG for Troy Murphy. peronsally, I think The Bulls would love to give us, Ronnie Brewer and his 7 points a game for Ray Allen.

here is the point. Young teams will not trade their young developing Ricky Rubio's for our old guys. Contenders who would love to have a ray allen or Paul Pierce will not trade any of their core guys like Say Jokim Noah or Derrick Rose. Almost no trades make sense. and a package of Wilcox, Bradley, Stiemsa, will interest no one. 

Our only real tradeable asset is Rondo and Since he is now our best player we had better get equal or better value in return. 

Peronsally I don't see any blockbusters happening. We can nurse this team through the injuries and see if when healthy they can make a run. Danny can rebuild next year as he has lots of cap room and Rondo and Pierce cheap. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET????:
         WELL DANNY, TIME FOR SOME NEW GROCERYS !!!  YA THINK ????
    Posted by Bill-806

Every GM in the league has been awaiting this implosion and zero, none of them are really looking forward to helping Danny........  We are where we were 5 years ago and the once in a career deals that Danny made are not there to be had......  time to accept that it is lottery time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nothing DA can do imo... Anyway, other than PJ Brown, can you remember any other in-season trades DA has made to really elevate the C's?

Play out the string, peel off some of your big players if possible for "high" draft picks...

Rondo would be great on the Knicks but they have Lin now... Lots of teams would take Rondo but we wouldnt get a whole lot in return imo. Id keep Rondo on the roster, try to load up on 2 big FA's next season and build thhrugh the draf and a fewwof our younger players already on the roster...

I may have been overly optimistic preseason suggesting we wouldnt be contenders for the title but would make the playoffs... Now even that  is hanging by a thrread

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ednr. Show ednr's posts

Not worth doing anything if you can't get size aka a Gasol. Celts can't score & can't rebound. Remember Johnny Most's "fiddle & diddle"? Well, that's all you see. Bradley not the answer to replace Rondo. So why spend the next 5 years looking for a point guard?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to "Re: OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET????":
    In Response to Re: OH DANNY BOY, HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH YET???? : I wouldn't be surprised if Danny does trade at least one or two players before the trade deadline.  Not sure that it will improve the current Celtics roster, but I am expecting to see a couple of trades.  Posted by susan250
    I heard a rumor....j. Oneal for Drew Gooden who is a good scorer and rebounder

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

I'd be inclined to stay pat for the year.  Celtics are either not making the playoffs or if they do, it'll be a quick exit, even with any realistic trades. 

With their expiring contracts, Celts have an opportunity to upgrade next year.  If Celts do not make the playoffs, they get a lottery pick and have another first rounder.  They may also have the ability to get better value for Rondo if they wish to unload him; however, they're unlikely to get appropriate value for Rondo this year.  Pierce needs to get into a better shape, and can still be a major contributor.  Allen would be welcomed back but not in a starting role and a greatly reduced salary.  2012-13 team could be highly competitive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Making a trade will not make the team any better.  You are subtracting one talent and adding a talent.  Better leave the team alone.   Pierce and Allen will remain the team.  Allen is more likely willing to come back to sign with the team for a cheaper contract.  As well maybe to become a future six man bench player.   Boston can trade Garnett, JO, Drooling, Bass, and Bradley for draft picks. For Rondo, it is hard to judge on whether to trade him or not.  Rondo is just like Manny Rameriz of the Red Sox.  His bad attitude does influence the team, but Rondo is still a young player.  If Rondo is already in the 30's and he still behaving like Manny, then trade him.  I know it is a pain in the butt for Doc River to control him, but Doc is doing a heck of a job controling him for years.   Anyway, next year Boston will have Rondo, JJ, Moore, Allen, Pierce along with two future first round picks and two talent future free agents.  That is probably a better team than they have this year!! Or leave the team alone, and let these expiring contract players walk away except Allen!!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

Based on the way Ray Allen is playing why would you want him back? Rondo will be worth less next year.  He should be moved if possible.  The guys coming back are hardly any guarantee other than Pierce of having true value.

Sections
Shortcuts