Oh! looord I'm glad SHEED NOT COMING BACK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Oh! looord I'm glad SHEED NOT COMING BACK

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/08/agent_sheed_is.html

hE was a bummer!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Re: Oh! looord I'm glad SHEED NOT COMING BACK

sheed was better in the playoffs but dogged it during the regular season and was awful; i am glad also he is not coming back. despite what others say, it is not good having a guy on your team who does not give max effort all the time. i like players who come to play every night, not just some nights. trade his contract for a wing player. we have needed a posey type player; posey was the missing ingredient from the championship team. he could play great defense and hit threes. we need someone like him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Does it mean we have money to pick up a wing?

We have money for Harangody ---  Scal is out, we need 1 white guy to replace him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Oh! looord I'm glad SHEED NOT COMING BACK:
    Posted by CHEisCHE

No..they can't use any of his $$ to sign a player. They can use him to make a trade though

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

There will be a team that wants the cap relief. What is it $7-8M?? That's a nice deal considering a lockout is looming.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Oh! looord I'm glad SHEED NOT COMING BACK : No..they can't use any of his $$ to sign a player. They can use him to make a trade though
    Posted by stillallbost08

Trade his contract?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I'm not so happy tho(I'll miss his outside shot/not that was so effective but still) but yeah if we can get something in return it might change my opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

Does it mean we have money to pick up a wing? We have money for Harangody ---  Scal is out, we need 1 white guy to replace him.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT A... "WHITE GUY"...BUT C'S DEFINITELY NEED A CONSISTENT HUSTLE GUY.....

BABY-DOLL ,  AIN'T THAT GUY....I BELIEVE THAT HARANGODY IS ....THAT GUY!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Posted by CHEisCHE

No..they can't use any of his $$ to sign a player. They can use him to make a trade though

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This idea that we are better off with Sheed's contract than Sheed himself is laughable. Now, if we are able to turn that contract into a good player by trading it, then that will be another matter. But we're not there yet. So far Ainge has had trouble trading that contract. 

Until that point, we're at this debate: 

1. Would you rather root for a team that has a player you don't like so much if that team has a better chance for a championship, or would you rather have less championship hopes but not have that player? 

Those Sheed haters who can honestly say that they'd rather have less chance of a championship and not have Sheed, well, I can respect that. But some are going to twist this and make the wrongheaded argument that not having Sheed makes us a better team. Ask any of the Celtics they will tell you otherwise. Sheed was the key to several playoff wins and he also filled in pretty well for part of the time KG was hurt. I personally have a lot of problems with Sheed but not getting Sheed hurts our championship hopes - UNLESS we can get something for his contract. So that's what I'll be hoping for now. 

Once we get a player for his deal, then we can really assess whether we are better off or not. Until then, this fantasy that we are better off without him is just that - a ridiculous message board fantasy where "team chemisty" is so much more important than talent and so-called "bad guys" are bringing the team down. Newsflash: Sheed is well-liked in all the locker rooms he has played in. Just because you don't like him doesn't make it accurate to dismiss his value. If "team chemistry" was so vital then you and I could join the Celts and make an impact.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I'm not so happy tho(I'll miss his outside shot/not that was so effective but still) but yeah if we can get something in return it might change my opinion.
    Posted by MichBelgium

I agree with you.  I will miss Rasheed, but we really need a Posey/TA type player to backup Pierce.  Hopefully, Danny will sign  another bench player that can really help this team.  

Sections
Shortcuts