Oh my stars- Doc avoided doing it all season- another "ATTRTION WONDER" episode

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Oh my stars- Doc avoided doing it all season- another "ATTRTION WONDER" episode

start jeff green.  watch jeff green go for 31.  suddenly he thinks he has a role and can play ball for us.  see old pierce.  old and slow.  should be on the bench to legitimize our second unit so young greyhound green can run and eat minutes.

watch doc.  watch doc somehow manage to screw this equation up going forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Oh my stars- Doc avoided doing it all season- another

and yes, i realize that old pierce also started tonight.  but he should not any more.  time to mix it up.  why does this shitte come so hard to doc blithers?  is it really that hard to see?  RUN THE SNEAKER TREADS OFF OF THE YOUNG GUYS and save the old guys for the playoffs.  and who knows, the young guys might actually be able to carry the load more than you think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You're right...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

start jeff green.  watch jeff green go for 31.  suddenly he thinks he has a role and can play ball for us.  see old pierce.  old and slow.  should be on the bench to legitimize our second unit so young greyhound green can run and eat minutes.

watch doc.  watch doc somehow manage to screw this equation up going forward.

Bass has to be taken out of the starting line-up. It is Green's time.  Bass will likely play better off the bench. Things are looking up.  Wow. Crawford. Williams looking very good.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Doc Rivers rotations are a joke.

Everyone plays out of position. Bass is not a 5, Green is not a 4, Terry cannot defend the 2, and Wilcox should be the backup 5.

It's weird.

i agree.  in many respects bass is not a professional basketball player right now.  but if you can manage to rebound at a mediocre level and RUN A WHOLE LOT, maybe, just maybe you can mix wilcox and jeff green at the 4 and get away with it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

there i go again talking like danny was going to get a ham and egger 5 bang and masher to eat some minutes.  sorry about that.  i guess all the eggs are in the melo basket, a rookie, to carry us at the 5.  and wilcox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Give it some more games....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The team only gets a good chemistry through injury... when there are no bodys left and it just happens the players being beat up in the media and message boards suddenly come to life, like Green,,,

I know you loyal fans with Doc blinders on cant stand to hear this but the guy really isnt a good coach.. Notice i didnt say great, I said good.  Great should never be anywhere near DOcs name/

We lost Rondo and Sully....  we really miss Sully... 

My biggest concern is Doc is going to think he figured something out and then, think some more...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

The team only gets a good chemistry through injury... when there are no bodys left and it just happens the players being beat up in the media and message boards suddenly come to life, like Green,,,

I know you loyal fans with Doc blinders on cant stand to hear this but the guy really isnt a good coach.. Notice i didnt say great, I said good.  Great should never be anywhere near DOcs name/

My biggest concern is Doc is going to think he figured something out and then, think some more...

The Celtics are winning, 7-2 record in the month of February. 

Your biggest concern is you want Doc fired.

Celtics fans just want the Celtics to win games. They're doing it now, right?

When the Celtics were losing you bashed Doc everyday. Now that the Celtics are winning, you're still bashing Doc. It's very clear that you only want one thing, and that's to fire Doc.

Yeah, fire Doc so that Jeff Van Gundy will replace him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

+100.   Angry Acie only has one agenda.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

ROFLMAO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

+100.   Angry Acie only has one agenda.

i guess you could call it having the audacity to desire that the boston celtics have a good coach.  jim o'brien was a good coach.  not great.  just good.  chris ford was a good coach.  others were great, and yet others were horrible.  (pitino).

and rivers is so much closer to being horrible than even middle of the road awful that it's not even funny.  seriously, all you 15-25 year old whackos who were raised with no standard of what is good and bad, right or wrong- you dingbats might not get this.  like fierce.  he could even be 43 and still living in mom's basement.

the bottom line is that doc rivers has created ZERO timely or ANY innovations to help this team step through age and injury.  rather, the solutions present themselves by attrition ONLY.  what kind of "good coach" has all the good crap happen ONLY when his hand is forced to say "hey you, okay, we have nobody else left, go get in the game"???????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

The Celtics are winning, 7-2 record in the month of February. 

Your biggest concern is you want Doc fired.

Celtics fans just want the Celtics to win games. They're doing it now, right?

When the Celtics were losing you bashed Doc everyday. Now that the Celtics are winning, you're still bashing Doc. It's very clear that you only want one thing, and that's to fire Doc.

Yeah, fire Doc so that Jeff Van Gundy will replace him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah I get it and all, the celts are winning.  But I believe they are winning despite Doc's coaching unfortunately.  He is so loyal to his favorites he doesn't like to try anything new.  Again the jockey analogy of riding his work horses into the ground regardless of what new options he might have discovered by playing anyone else.  It kind of pisses off those that can see what kind of coach he is.  The big 3 (or 4) loves him cause he will live or die with that mentality.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

the bottom line is that doc rivers has created ZERO timely or ANY innovations to help this team step through age and injury.  rather, the solutions present themselves by attrition ONLY.  what kind of "good coach" has all the good crap happen ONLY when his hand is forced to say "hey you, okay, we have nobody else left, go get in the game"???????

My guess is that doc has been so consumed for the past 7 seasons trying to motivate young Rondo  out of  his diapers into pullups that he hasn't had the time or the energy to actually coach the team.

Stuff just seems to happen... and doc just seems to react... stringing together cliches to explain things after the fact.

That passes for coaching.... I guess.

Hopefully with R9R down, doc gets to free up enough energy to show us something.

Pud 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

For me, Doc seems a great guy and a great coach for the vets. Other than that I'm not that impressed to be honest.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I guess somebodys daily 30 minute break from posting on BDC has expired.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I guess somebodys daily 30 minute break from posting on BDC has expired.

Are you following my every post?

I'm asking because every time I post something you also post something after.

I guess you felt the last post I made on this thread was about you... wonder why?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Is Doc the best coach in the league? No, he isn't cause he isn't Pop. BUT: We lost KG, Perk, Rondo, Barbosa to major knee injuries. We lost Shaq with his achilles. We lost Wallace to retirement (with a cap hit). We lost Green and Wilcox for a year for heart injury. We lost AB and Delonte West for long stretches due to several injuries. Have I forgotten anything?

Do you really think this team with their stars (KG, Pierce and Allen) already beyond their prime when assembled has underachieved with 1 title, 1 final and 2 conference finals? For me it was a great run, only the loss against LA gives me a reason to be sad. Which coach could have done better than that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Are you following my every post?

I'm asking because every time I post something you also post something after.

Everytime???

fierce/fiercest averages about 26 posts/day.

Karl averages about 3 posts/day.

Someone here doesn't grasp basic arithmetic... but nevermind.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

For me, Doc seems a great guy and a great coach for the vets. Other than that I'm not that impressed to be honest.

Would you rather the Celts fire Doc now then replace him with Jeff Van Gundy?

No, although Jeff may do quite well....how would we know?

Just saying that I don't think Doc all that great.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Is Doc the best coach in the league? No, he isn't cause he isn't Pop. BUT: We lost KG, Perk, Rondo, Barbosa to major knee injuries. We lost Shaq with his achilles. We lost Wallace to retirement (with a cap hit). We lost Green and Wilcox for a year for heart injury. We lost AB and Delonte West for long stretches due to several injuries. Have I forgotten anything?

Do you really think this team with their stars (KG, Pierce and Allen) already beyond their prime when assembled has underachieved with 1 title, 1 final and 2 conference finals? For me it was a great run, only the loss against LA gives me a reason to be sad. Which coach could have done better than that?

Sorry, but to me the big three and rondo were the main treason for the team's succes in the past 5 years. They may have been past their prime (tho you can argue about that) but hey were experienced and VERY motivated to get a ring. Plus that Rondo complemented them very well. I think many coaches would have had success with this team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Sorry, but to me the big three and rondo were the main treason for the team's succes in the past 5 years. They may have been past their prime (tho you can argue about that) but hey were experienced and VERY motivated to get a ring. Plus that Rondo complemented them very well. I think many coaches would have had success with this team.

absolutely