Oh my stars- Doc avoided doing it all season- another "ATTRTION WONDER" episode

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Oh my stars- Doc avoided doing it all season- another

I think Doc Rivers is the most overrated coach in the history of sports!!  If he were even an average coach we would have won the title in 2010. Up 13 mid way in the 3rd, all it would have taken to end it there was a couple of jumpers or a steal and a lay up and it would have been over, but he let Tony Allen and Nate Robinson rot on the bench, as our guys struggled to score the rest of the way!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I think Doc Rivers is the most overrated coach in the history of sports!!  If he were even an average coach we would have won the title in 2010. Up 13 mid way in the 3rd, all it would have taken to end it there was a couple of jumpers or a steal and a lay up and it would have been over, but he let Tony Allen and Nate Robinson rot on the bench, as our guys struggled to score the rest of the way!!

Hyperbole much?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Hyperbole much?

No, i leave that to you writers!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Hyperbole much?

Fairy tale writers no doubt.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Hyperbole much?

So in the history or the world in any organized sport you feel that Doc is the most over rated coach ever.

Fascinatiing viewpoint. That carries a lot of weight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Hyperbole much?

So in the history or the world in any organized sport you feel that Doc is the most over rated coach ever.

Name me one more overrated!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Hyperbole much?

I don't think Doc is rated that high. Why do you? 

You're just going by the 5 guys on the board who say he is great. Throughout the "history of sports" no one would even bring up his name.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Hyperbole much?

Fairy tale writers no doubt.

Pud

Ha I love that I made one comment and its still rattling in your heads a month later.

Perfection.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Hyperbole much?

You're just going by the 5 guys on the board who say he is great. Throughout the "history of sports" no one would even bring up his name.

Couldn't name one could you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Hyperbole much?

I don't think Doc is a very highly rated coach.

Why do you think so?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Hyperbole much?

What criteria do you use to rank every coach in the history of all sports all over the world throughout time?

I think we need to establish how you have Doc rated number 1 on that list and then we can go from there.

I assume you are also including Australian pro basketball and sychronized swimming coaches from the 1940's?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Hyperbole much?

Why do you think so?

That's  a path i don't want to get started down!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Hyperbole much?

Why do you think so?

then I can't answer your question

To me I don't think anyone of import thinks Doc is a great Coach so its hard to say who is more overrated when I dont think people rank him all that high to begin with.

If you cant tell me who rates Doc high and why they do then there really isn't any point in talking about your original point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Hyperbole much?

What criteria do you use to rank every coach in the history of all sports all over the world throughout time?

I think we need to establish how you have Doc rated number 1 on that list and then we can go from there.

I assume you are also including Australian pro basketball and sychronized swimming coaches from the 1940's?

Sychronized swimming has only been an olympic sport since the 1980's, so i'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about the coaches in the 1940's, because they wouldn't have been rated very highly!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Jeff Green could very well be the wild card that gets the Celtics by the Heat. He can defend Lebron better than almost anyone, and he is a tough person to guard. However to date, he has been inconsistant. The Laker's game was nothing to write home about. 

In the playoffs, the NBA becomes a half court game where fast break teams go to die. This current style will get the celtics a higher play off seed, but in the end, it will be the consistant play of our defense and half court offense that will determine how far the Celtics go. 

As Doc has said, all NBA stars want to win the championship, but most want to win it on their own terms, and they are not willing to do what it takes to win.

The NBA is not the NCAA, It is players leagure where that stars make much more than coaches, and they are much harder to replace. This allows some stars to be selfish and play for themselves if they have too much power. 

Yes, Doc likes vets in the playoffs because they know who they are, and Doc knows what to expect from them. Rookies, many times, try to make a name for themselves and are therefore do unexpected things.

The team that Danny and Doc are putting together seams to have promise. I, for one, will cut them some slack. It will be interesting to see what happens.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Hyperbole much?

Why do you think so?

To me I don't think anyone of import thinks Doc is a great Coach so its hard to say who is more overrated when I dont think people rank him all that high to begin with.

If you cant tell me who rates Doc high and why they do then there really isn't any point in talking about your original point.

What does that have to do with answering my question?  What is your interpetation of important?  Unless you're writing a book about "most overrated coaches" and you need my imput, there was never any point in talking about my original point, now was there?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Over-rated coaches:

John Thompson

Rex Ryan

Pro Rick Pitino

Byron Scott

Butch Hobson

Bobby Valentine

Eric Spoelstra

Grady Little

Eric Mangini

Mike Shanahan.........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

imput? and why so many exclamation points?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Is Doc the best coach in the league? No, he isn't cause he isn't Pop. BUT: We lost KG, Perk, Rondo, Barbosa to major knee injuries. We lost Shaq with his achilles. We lost Wallace to retirement (with a cap hit). We lost Green and Wilcox for a year for heart injury. We lost AB and Delonte West for long stretches due to several injuries. Have I forgotten anything?

Do you really think this team with their stars (KG, Pierce and Allen) already beyond their prime when assembled has underachieved with 1 title, 1 final and 2 conference finals? For me it was a great run, only the loss against LA gives me a reason to be sad. Which coach could have done better than that?

lots of words to say not much.  the team was THREE YEARS LATE in the ray allen coming off of the bench project.  and that's when it should have happened- to PRESERVE RAY after we won the cup in 2008.  i don't care if howdy doody started and played 20 minutes at the 2.  we BADLY needed some punch in our second unit.  that's one example of doc's lack of coaching and innovation.

the second example is how pierce will start and be played a trillion minutes until he is pushing a walker up and down the floor.....   why sign jeff green to starter money if you are going to do this?  is there a disconnnect between danny der-ainge-d and doc or do they just not care?  call me silly but many times it sure seems like they are on different pages.  and danny has just sat there as doc's emotions, for lack of any better words, have driven perfectly decent and productive players out of town.  and ainge is also at fault for letting tony allen go and sitting there like a statue while a perfectly functional 5 man, DARKO, was run out of town by doc blithers earlier this year.  part of his title is MANAGER- step in and correct what is going wrong with your lower personnel like THE COACH.

maybe it's the perfect 1-2 punch of nincompoops GM-head coach.  but i see a haphazardly assembled roster that could do much better than it does thanks to doc being doc.  now we are getting a glimpse, that the plague of the pampered rondo has been lifted what a real team looks like.  doc was afraid or unable to coach rondo for SEVEN YEARS into being a good team player.  look at us now.  one of the "best" PG's in the league goes out for the season and the team plays as if it's been set free from the andromeda strain's grip of death.

sorry folks, but this doesn't happen under "good coaching".  if you're over 30 and making 12-20M a year, i suppose doc's a great coach for you. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

well doc sure has a fan club of armchair stiffs on this board who think he's great and bristle at any thoughts otherwise.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Hyperbole much?

Why do you think so?

What does that have to do with answering my question?  What is your interpetation of important?  Unless you're writing a book about "most overrated coaches" and you need my imput, there was never any point in talking about my original point, now was there?

I said your comment was hyperbole.  Which it was. Look it up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

well doc sure has a fan club of armchair stiffs on this board who think he's great and bristle at any thoughts otherwise.

Yeah I agree.  a bunch of armchair stiffs think so..  which according to KY makes him the most overrated coach in the history of the world in any sport.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Hyperbole much?

Why do you think so?

One man's hyperbole, is another man's truth!!!!  You can look it up, i don't have too, slick!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

+100.   Angry Acie only has one agenda.

i guess you could call it having the audacity to desire that the boston celtics have a good coach.  jim o'brien was a good coach.  not great.  just good.  chris ford was a good coach.  others were great, and yet others were horrible.  (pitino).

and rivers is so much closer to being horrible than even middle of the road awful that it's not even funny.  seriously, all you 15-25 year old whackos who were raised with no standard of what is good and bad, right or wrong- you dingbats might not get this.  like fierce.  he could even be 43 and still living in mom's basement.

the bottom line is that doc rivers has created ZERO timely or ANY innovations to help this team step through age and injury.  rather, the solutions present themselves by attrition ONLY.  what kind of "good coach" has all the good crap happen ONLY when his hand is forced to say "hey you, okay, we have nobody else left, go get in the game"???????

Acid, try not to make generalizations and show your bias.  I am 60 yrs old and started loving the Celtics in the Bill Russell.  I loved Red because he had first black starting five.  He didn't cater about race but only cared about human beings and winning.  I have seen MANY good and bad coaches and I have a better basis than you as a successful AAU coach who has won at the Nationals.  

let me ask you a question:  do you think Danny's decisions have anything to do with the team's successes and failures or is every success due to someone else and every failure is Doc's fault?

try to be objective and not emotional, ok?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Hyperbole much?

Why do you think so?

One man's hyperbole, is another man's truth!!!!  You can look it up, i don't have too, slick!!

Cool. then we get back to you explaining how you judge Doc against every other coach in the history of the  world in every sport.

Unless of course you were just using hyperbole.

Look it up. You need to.

Sections
Shortcuts