1. Clev- Joel Embiid - Back issue become no issue for Cleveland picking a franchise Center
TRADE: I see Milwaukee trading #2 to Orlando for #4 and #12 picks
2. Orl- Andrew Wiggins- Orlando pairs Wiggins with Oladipo to give themselves a young pair of athletic future stars.
3.Phil- Jabari Parker- Orlando swoops in to get Wiggins ahead of Philly, but the sixers get the more ready player here with Parker.
4. Mil- Dante Exum- Word is Milwaukee really wants Exum, the trade allow them to get their man AND a #12 pick to boot.
5. Utah- Noah Vonleh- Utah gets another player to mix and match with Favors and Katner inside.
6. Bos- Aaron Gordon- If Ainge decides to stay the course a future front line of Sullinger, Olynyk and Gordon could be very good.
7. LAL- Julius Randle- Touch choice between Smart and Randle here, but I see the Lakers going with the potential 20pt/10 reb player.
8. Sac- Marcus Smart- the Smart pick here allows the Kings to let Thomas walk if he gets too big an offer. But they can also keep him and have a young three guard rotation of McLemore, Thomas and Smart.
9. Char- Doug McDermott- I can see this pick being traded for a vet player. But if not McBuckets fills a need as an outside shooter here.
10. Phil- Gary Harris- Philly continues to build through young talent. With Parker and Harris joining Carter-Williams and Noel, they have nice young nucleus.
TRADE: I have Denver trading pick #11 to Phoenix for picks #14 and #18.
11. Pho- Nik Stauskas- the suns need another shooting Guard and with three picks in the first round they can make this move. For some reason I just see Stauskas playing for Hornacek.
12. Mil- Rodney Hood- With the additional pick acquired from Orlando Milwaukes picks a wing player who can be a big time scorer.
13. Minn- Adreian Payne- even if Loves stays (unlikely) they could use depth at PF behind him. When Love is gone, Payne can help fill the void.
14. Den- Zach LeVine- The Nuggets move down and get an athletic player who could team up with Lawson to form an imposing backcourt in the future.
15. Atl- Dario Saric- a possible Toni Kukoc clone would be a good fit for the Hawks.
16. Chic- James Young- The Bulls need depth at both Guard spots, young is BPA here.
17. Bos- Kyle Anderson- Could develop into a Boris Diaw type of NBA player. If so, you find a position for him if/when he does.
18. Den- Jusuf Nurkic- With only Mozgov and the problematic McGee at center, Denver can use the additional pick they got for a Euro project here.
19. Chic- Tyler Ennis- The Bulls continue to draft depth for their backcourt here.
20. Tor- Elfrid Payton- Raptors need a back up at the point, even IF Lowery stays as an UFA.
21. Okl- Clint Capela- they have 11 players under contract with only Sefolosha as Free agent, but they have a later pick in this draft. Perkins is on his final year of his deal and Capela could be a possible draft and stash for a year.
22. Mem- TJ Warren- Prince is on his final year of his deal and is old at SF. Warren might be able to step in as a starter in his second year.
23. Utah- Jordan Adams- Jazz can address the depth problem at off guard with this pick.
24. Char- Patric Young- I see Young rising into the first round late and is a perfect fit for Charlotte. With Jefferson and McBuckets on the front line SOMEONE has play defense after all.
25. Hou- PJ Hairston- This pick will probably be traded in an effort to g et a third all –star. But if they keep it, they need depth behind Harden at SG and Hairston has the body to play the three position some also.
26. Mia- Shabazz Napier- Chalmers is likely gone and Napier’s age/experience may allow him to get minutes there.
27. Pho- Jerami Grant- Another athletic young player for Hornacek to groom.
28. LAC- Mitch McGary- Clippers have no depth inside on their roster right now. But since Doc doesn’t like to play rookies I can see the pick being traded.
29. Okl- KJ McDaniels- Sometimes things just DO work out. McDaniels looks like a solid replacement for Sefolosha.
30. SA- Walter Tavares- Typical Spurs draft and stash here. This assumes that both Duncan and Ginobili play another year and that Diaw resigns as well.