Ok, if not RONDO, then WHO???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Ok, if not RONDO, then WHO???

sick of seeing the disrespect shown to Rondo on a consistent basis, he is the best player on the team and people just wanna throw him away like he is avery bradley.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Ok, if not RONDO, then WHO???

what people are failing to realize is that there are only so many ELITE players in this game. Lebron, Kobe, Wade, K Durant, D Howard Williams and Rose, CP3 are some. not every team is gunna have a player of this caliber to build around. not every team gets a Kevin Durant. and you cant just trade for these players bc you want to. Rajon Rondo is seen by any other teams fan, team and analyst as an elite player. he is elite bc he is a 1 man fast break, he is a floor general with exceptional defense. ppl complain abt his D in pick and roll, but i challenge them to actually watch another elite pg (cp3 or rose) and watch their pick and roll defense, and wat they will realize is that you get the same result. except alot of teams have size down low  to cover up the paint so the pg cant do damage. 

outside of Boston people realize what Rondo is, and its sad that his teams fans disrespect him like you guys do. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

JamezHill24, is that truly what you think?  I am not so sure people outside Boston believe Rondo is on that level.  When a team like the Indiana Pacers has to do a check on Rondo's leadership and attitude before considering a trade for him which they eventually passed on, I don't think the perception of Rondo is that high.  I believe teams know he's good but I don't think I'd take it to the elite level.

I notice Westbrook was not on your elite list which I am agreement with.  However, Rondo was offered to OKC as part of a deal that would bring Perkins back with Westbrook and OKC rejected that offer (think it was Rondo and Green).  Even with Westbrook's not-so-great playoff performance last season, OKC still did not hold Rondo in that high a regard to make the deal.

I honestly think alot of folks outside Boston believe Rondo is a product of playing with three sure-fire HOFs.  Again, they know the guy is a wonderful ball player but I'm not so sure they believe he is elite.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Ok, if not RONDO, then WHO???:
    [QUOTE]sick of seeing the disrespect shown to Rondo on a consistent basis, he is the best player on the team and people just wanna throw him away like he is avery bradley.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Where ever Rondo goes, Jamez is sure to follow.

Life's a b*tch.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Rondo isn't an elite player but on a PG scale he's an elite PG. There is Deron, CP3, Rose who isn't really a PG. Then Westbrook and Rondo are the same level depending on if you want more of a scorer or more of a facilitator.  Rondo is has flaws but in comparison to the rest of the league and the age he is at the PG position he's damn good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

@tompenny @petey I agree with your assessments. Jamez, Rondo is not perceived as an elite player and rightly so, he's not an NBA elite player. He IS one of the best point guards in the league but as tom points out, not in the first tier either. That's one reason why Ainge has trouble trading Rondo for similar talent, see Petey's post. 

I too get tired of the Rondo-bashing but at the same time you have to understand we have a team in transition and Rondo is the only asset on the team with a tradeable contract. 

What gets frustrating is the "trade Rondo for ___ " ideas that are either insulting or comletely unrealistic. 

But to answer the thread's question, if not Rondo, then who? 

Westbrook has to be considered a legit possibility given his problems in OKC. Whether both teams would agree is hard to say but I'd be surprised if they aren't at least casually talking. 

Whether that is a good trade for the Cs is a judgement call, and a tough one given that Westbrook is a head case in perhaps a worst way than Rondo in that he has ball sharing problems that would not fit well with this team as it is now. Hmm

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I say trade Rondo for Westbrook straight up. OKC needs a PASS FIRST pg, and we need a SCORE FIRST pg who can hit free throws and keep other defenses honest.

Sounds reasonable to me and it makes sense for both teams.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Saying Rondo isn't an elite PG because he sux at the line is like saying wasn't an elite C for the same reason. Rondo is an elite PG and rivals anybody at any position in ability to take over a game. Rondo is not atypical PG,he has flaws but none worse than any other top tier PG. This year he is at 66 % FT% better than last, but its early. As for him not being able to shoot he has a 48.7% career Fg%,which better than CP3,Rose and D Will.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont know what youre watching on TV but all the other PGs in the league arent a swinging fence defensively. Rondo gets beat off the dribble due to laziness... he choses not to attempt to stay in front of his opponent, opting to let him go by with minimal effort to attempt slappin the ball away from behind... which works maybe 1 out of 5 times...

The other times it results in switching and bigs leaving their man to cover for Rondos.. and you want to say thats what all the other PGs do so that makes Rondo a good defender?? LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

If not Rondo, then who?  Hmmm...there is no need to trade him.  If you watch the games he is carrying the team in most of the games.  The team needs to focus on defense and integrating more players and plays for them!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Also, he is horrendous fighting thru a pick.. Nate Robinson was superman compared to Rondo fighting thru picks.. Rondo has alot of game, especially now that it seems he may have improved his shooting & FT shooting... but dont be so blind about the D...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Ok, if not RONDO, then WHO???:
    [QUOTE]If not Rondo, then who?  Hmmm...there is no need to trade him.  If you watch the games he is carrying the team in most of the games.  The team needs to focus on defense and integrating more players and plays for them!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Which games are you referring to?

The first 500 or so he played in Celtic green or the last 3?

Pud

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Brian Windhorst, who covers lebron in miami for espn after having covered him in cleveland for the plain dealer, had this to say regarding rondo's D yesterday:

I think he is as good of a defensive point guard as has been in the league in this era. He might be the defensive point guard since Gary Payton. I just have so much respect for him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics          1/3 down

detractors in particular may want to have a read. chris paul fans'll find the piece particularly galling.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.