OK, WE CAN CROSS OUT ODEN'S NAME!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

OK, WE CAN CROSS OUT ODEN'S NAME!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6717753

BLAZERS JUST GIVE HIM A ONE-YEAR $9M qualifying offer. no way dany is going to spend all that money. shocked that portland paid him that much, would think they would be exhausted from all that wasted money already.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: OK, WE CAN CROSS OUT ODEN'S NAME!

The management must like him. It's not like Oden has been poorly behaved. He's been injured. I hope he gets healthy and stays healthy. He seems like a nice young man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: OK, WE CAN CROSS OUT ODEN'S NAME!:
    Greg Oden gets 9m, still think DeAndre Jordan and Samuel Dalembert will just settle for the MLE, anyone?
    Posted by Fiercest34
    would rather spend $10M for either dalembert or jordan.. not oden.. cant have injury risk at that cost.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Jordan maybe, but Dalembert is looking for his last big contract. I say no way he takes the MLE.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

who has cap space available (depending on the cap number) that isn't hoarding it waiting for a bigger score than Dalembert or even Big Baby? I don't see much out there for these guys other than a 1 year deal until teams know where the upper echelon players will land (DHoward/Paul etc).
    I don't see the Knicks or most any team going more than 1 year on any roster filler type player, even if they are big men

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

In Response to Re: OK, WE CAN CROSS OUT ODEN'S NAME! : would rather spend $10M for either dalembert or jordan.. not oden.. cant have injury risk at that cost.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

I live in LA. I've been inflicted with Clipper games. DeAndre Jordan had his best game of the season against the Celtics last season. OTHERWISE, THIS GUY IS A STIFF. Oh, against another rookie or near rookie he appears to hold his own, but at best he's an oversized, wing player who can dunk. $10mm? The Clippers would let him laugh all the way to the bank.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Thank God...he is Bill Walton without a game, just the bad feet and knees!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

What you meant to say is, 

"OK, I was wrong again about one of my Celtics predictions and how they could win a ring next year"

I never had Oden's name on any kind of list so please speak for yourself. In two years he won't be playing ball. It's too bad too, seems like a great guy.

By the way, you can mark Shaq off your list while you're at it. You insisted he was coming back and he's retired as well. 

It's been a while since you were right about something, so quit predicting stuff and just hang out. 

p.s. we probably won't have a season next year, so you may want to take that into account also...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

What you meant to say is,  "OK, I was wrong again about one of my Celtics predictions and how they could win a ring next year" I never had Oden's name on any kind of list so please speak for yourself. In two years he won't be playing ball. It's too bad too, seems like a great guy. By the way, you can mark Shaq off your list while you're at it. You insisted he was coming back and he's retired as well.  It's been a while since you were right about something, so quit predicting stuff and just hang out.  p.s. we probably won't have a season next year, so you may want to take that into account also...
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker
    yeahhh, my record isnt too good with CENTERS, but i did noail it with JO when you and others felt he was done and a total waste of money. perhaps not a $6M guy but certainly not a total bust. as for the season, i do not think its a total lost cause but i do believe we will miss out on games. i do not think the nba will cave on a hard cap and frankly they shouldnt. the nhl had it right, that should be the standard for the nba and to a degree, even in the nfl. nfl actually makes money and is far away #1 so i have more rope for the players but professional sports' pay has become out of control big time! on this i am consistemt and often right.. i side more towards the owners esp i n bad times.

Sections
Shortcuts