Okafor to Celtics for Hump and Draft Pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Okafor to Celtics for Hump and Draft Pick?

As momentum gathers for the NBA's Feb. 20 trade deadline, the Phoenix Suns hold one of the league's most valuable assets for deal partners wanting to save themselves several millions of dollars: the expiring – and insured – contract of injured center Emeka Okafor. Once Phoenix reached the midway point of its season on Wednesday with Okafor still sidelined with a neck injury, an insurance policy began to take over payment on 80 percent of the remaining $14.4 million on his 2013-14 contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Yahoo! Sports

Rumors tagsPhoenix SunsTradeEmeka Okafor 

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.G58NFhPR.dpuf

Whoever deals for Okafor before the trade deadline will receive an insurance payout of $5.7 million – roughly $141,000 per game. For the Suns, the appeal of Okafor's financially friendly deal – armed with approximately $5 million in remaining salary-cap space – has general manager Ryan McDonough on the search to fortify his roster for a playoff run. Despite the loss of point guard Eric Bledsoe to knee surgery, the Suns – 25-18 and holding the seventh seed in the Western Conference playoff chase – are determined to reach the postseason. Yahoo! Sports

Rumors tagsPhoenix SunsTradeEmeka Okafor  Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

The Suns have expressed a willingness to absorb a veteran player on a short-term deal who wouldn't compromise the organization's ample salary-cap space for the future, league sources said. As rival teams explore ways to shed payroll and avoid luxury-tax payments, the Suns could have a multitude of deal possibilities to consider over the next few weeks. Yahoo! Sports

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.G58NFhPR.dpuf

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Okafor to Celtics for Hump and Draft Pick?

This has DA written all over it! Great deal for both teams! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe a swap of the Suns' 2014 pick for our Clips pick in 2015.

Hump for Okafor and the right to swap picks is fair.

[/QUOTE]

I am in!! Win win for both teams! Hump, with his recent play, can really help a playoff team! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think the deal would be Jeff Green for Okafor and a pick or two.

I'd gladfully take the Pacers (not as much value) and Timberwolves (may defer to 2015)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Another undersized front court, injured player???

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Okafor and the Suns first pick for Green are benificial for both team. Celtics got an expiring contract and a first round pick plus a sure top tree losing record. Phoenix got another scoring option with a good defense for a playoff encounter in the west. The connection of Ryan and Danny is a good thing to start with....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

bass and jeff green for okafor, 2014 first rd pick and right to swap in 2015

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Put Wallace in the deal and it is a go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

[QUOTE]

bass and jeff green for okafor, 2014 first rd pick and right to swap in 2015

[/QUOTE]

The Suns already have the Morris twins.

I don't think they would want another undersized PF in Bass.

[/QUOTE]

I don't even know why they'd want Jeff Green either ... seems like they have quite a few Jeff Greens.

If I were the Suns, I'd go after a BIG name with Okafor and picks, not a sideways move in Jeff. But if they want him, Okafor a a good pick (suns) or two mediocre picks (Indy & Minny)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

trading hump for okafor doesn't do us much good except save the owners some money, unless of course picks are involved. but given that the suns don't want to take on any long-term contracts, i doubt they'd be willing to give up much in the way of picks, maybe a second rounder or something.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Phoenix isn't giving up a draft pick for Humpries.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Phoenix isn't giving up a draft pick for Humpries.

Phoenix has 7 picks in 2014 including 4 1st rounders, so they will leverage some picks.

Okafor will demand more than what is being proposed on here though, and is straight up a more valuable asset than Green, so if anyone if giving up picks it would be the Celtics.

I want Dragic (19.5 PPG and 6 APG), the most under rated player in the entire NBA and now playing out of position with Bledsoe at PG.

Okafor and Dragic and one of Suns 2014 1st round pick and 2014 2nd round pick - for Green, Bradley and Bass.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

could we squeeze Wallace into that cab?