Okay.....most agree the bench is the problem.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Okay.....most agree the bench is the problem.

How does Doc fix it ? Can he fix it? (Catch-22...if he gives more minutes and they still underperform he jeopardizes the playoff game)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Okay.....most agree the bench is the problem.

In Response to Okay.....most agree the bench is the problem.:
    [QUOTE]How does Doc fix it ? Can he fix it? (Catch-22...if he gives more minutes and they still underperform he jeopardizes the playoff game)
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

The Heat have just finished a season as the number two seed where their BIG 3 tied the record for the most offensive output in history at 66%.  So their BIG 3 was involved in 66% of the offensive output and supplied the league's best defense.  So of course it must be the bench............ 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Give some other people a chance? Kristic, Arroyo, Wafer, Bradley, Sasha, Murphy? Rasheed Wallace? -__-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

who said green?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: Okay.....most agree the bench is the problem.:
    [QUOTE]Give some other people a chance? Kristic, Arroyo, Wafer, Bradley, Sasha, Murphy? Rasheed Wallace? -__-
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Excellent post. How can the bench produce if you are not even playing them. And the very few you play, you only give them 7 or 8 minutes. Let's be real.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RampageIMT. Show RampageIMT's posts

Exactly....Green showed what he can do with extended minutes.  Granted it was against Washington and New York at the end of the season but you have to get them in there.  Doc's second unit which consisted of Krstic, Baby, West, Green and Allen is a dumb combination.  West is not a true point guard but that is his role with this squad.  Green and West can create their own shots but with him running the point he is trying to get shots for others.  This makes Allen obsolete in the offense as he requires mutliple screens to get an open shot.  Allen needs to be in there with Rondo because he is better at finding Ray coming off screens and in transition.  I say give Von Wafer a shot in Allen's place in the 2nd quarter.  He showed his speed and ability to get to the hoop.  Krstic is pretty much useless out there and Baby is an enigma to me sometimes.  Also throw in the fact that we don't fast break or push the pace at all once Rondo is out of the game and we have a stagnant half court game.  We then start settling for jumpers because it takes us 18 seconds to set up the offense.  I think we should run the triangle offense or something with the second unit because they are god awful otherwise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Anyone remember game 7?  The frantic pace of rushing the starters back in after a 2 minute rest during the t/o??  he didnt trust anyone on the bench!

Remember that guy Tony Allen everyone is in love with and say we should have resigned?  He played 5 minutes in game 7. IN fact only one bench player got minutes in game 7, and it was Big Baby.  If guys couldnt get in last year...who is gonna play if we were to make it to the Finals??  

Doc is a joke with his shortened rotations..other teams are going all out, and we have to conserve our energy cuz Doc is overplaying Baby.( he said earlier in the year that over 15 minutes is too much for Baby) so now, he plays too much, Kristic not at all, JON not enough....Wafer not at all...I mean...why does this guy think our core players will win it all with no rest....You HAVE to find someon off the bench or this team is DONE.  This was the only series you could and should have played some more bench players....I dont get it...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I would give Wafer a chance to see what he can do. I would also give Bradley some minutes, and tell him to push the ball like he did the last game he played in!!

I would like to see Bradley, Wafer, Pierce, KG, and Krstic for about a 5 minute stretch, just to see what would happen!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I think the bench is going to surprise and come up big one of these games against N.Y. Not ready to give up on them yet. Too much neagative vibes from alot of the posters being up 2 - 0. Sorry, no 20 point blowouts from this team, just last 2 minute of the game dominance. I'll take that as long as it is attached to a W.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

IIn Response to Re: Okay.....most agree the bench is the problem.:
    [QUOTE] I would give Wafer a chance to see what he can do. I would also give Bradley some minutes, and tell him to push the ball like he did the last game he played in!!    I would like to see Bradley, Wafer, Pierce, KG, and Krstic for about a 5 minute stretch, just to see what would happen!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%. Doc needs to play the bench, period.

Sections
Shortcuts