OKC soon open for business?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

OKC soon open for business?

Wondering if anybody thinks OKC might be looking to deal Westrbrook if, as appears likely, they're headed for a disappointing exit in the conference finals. I'm obviously thinking in terms of a Rondo-Westrook trade. Sure, Boston would have to give more than just RR -- I'm thinking in terms of something like Rondo + #17 pick + Bass and either Sullinger or KO in exchange for Westrbook and Kendrick Perkins. (I'm not sure if the numbers work or are feasible, so this is just the general architecture of a proposal I think might benefit both teams).

Upside for OKC: Durant's in his prime. The future is very much "now" for this franchise, and so the age advantage to Boston in such a trade shouldn't be a major concern (ie, Rondo's a few years older than Westrbook, but RR is likewise very much in his prime, and, if he's fully recovered from surgery -- as looks to be the case -- he should have a 4/5 year window of prime productivity to coincide with Durant's prime). OKC can't be happy about the outcome of this season -- and even taking into account Ibaka's injury one would think they'd have put up more of a fight (yes, I know it's not over yet, but still...). Anyway, I'm thinking a pure facilitator-stratospheric Basketball IQ guard like Rondo might be a better fit to pair with Durant than Westrbook -- especially in the post season. The deal I outline would also bolster OKC's depth in the front court and give them some youth - and of course they'd have a decent pick (#17) in a deep draft -- so there's some upside potential there if they get lucky.

Upside for Boston: Gets Rondo out of town before they lose him for nothing in exchange for a top flight scorer. Helps clear the logjam at the #4 spot and also gives them some stability at the #5 with the veteran Perkins (not a long term solution, to be sure, but Boston could then bolster its big man squad with the #6 pick).

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: OKC soon open for business?

Well he is a gunner which isn't all bad cause he can do other stuff.  Is he known to be coachable and or is he inscrutable like Rondo?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Louisio's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wondering if anybody thinks OKC might be looking to deal Westrbrook if, as appears likely, they're headed for a disappointing exit in the conference finals. I'm obviously thinking in terms of a Rondo-Westrook trade. Sure, Boston would have to give more than just RR -- I'm thinking in terms of something like Rondo + #17 pick + Bass and either Sullinger or KO in exchange for Westrbook and Kendrick Perkins. (I'm not sure if the numbers work or are feasible, so this is just the general architecture of a proposal I think might benefit both teams).

Upside for OKC: Durant's in his prime. The future is very much "now" for this franchise, and so the age advantage to Boston in such a trade shouldn't be a major concern (ie, Rondo's a few years older than Westrbook, but RR is likewise very much in his prime, and, if he's fully recovered from surgery -- as looks to be the case -- he should have a 4/5 year window of prime productivity to coincide with Durant's prime). OKC can't be happy about the outcome of this season -- and even taking into account Ibaka's injury one would think they'd have put up more of a fight (yes, I know it's not over yet, but still...). Anyway, I'm thinking a pure facilitator-stratospheric Basketball IQ guard like Rondo might be a better fit to pair with Durant than Westrbook -- especially in the post season. The deal I outline would also bolster OKC's depth in the front court and give them some youth - and of course they'd have a decent pick (#17) in a deep draft -- so there's some upside potential there if they get lucky.

Upside for Boston: Gets Rondo out of town before they lose him for nothing in exchange for a top flight scorer. Helps clear the logjam at the #4 spot and also gives them some stability at the #5 with the veteran Perkins (not a long term solution, to be sure, but Boston could then bolster its big man squad with the #6 pick).

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Terrible.  Horrible. Destructive idea.

First, the Celtics would be giving up WAY TOO MUCH in your trade. Laughable exchange.  2. Perkins stinks. What don't you understand about his NBA worst PER and OKC forced to play a rookie as a result? and most important 3. Westbrook is not a team player.  He is a ball-hog shoot first and shoot second SG playing the PG position because he is too small for SG.  I'm not sure I would even trade Rondo for Westbrook and an OKC pick.  

Rondo and Westbrook are on opposite ends of a liability spectrum and neither is the answer.

We need a pass first PG who can keep defenses honest with a respectable outside shot and who can shoot free throws at a decent 75%+ percentage, so not a liability at the end of games and can demonstrate consistency and adequate defense.  

I would rather draft Smart or Ennis and invest a couple years into development than pay a max contract for flawed players that requires a team modify strategy to fit them in.  I'm all for trading Rondo for other pick(s) or piece(s), but Westbrook is not the answer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I would do Rondo and Bogans for Westbrook and either Lamb, or PJIII.....no picks, no Perk!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Westbrook is more talented than Rondo...Westbrook is as bad a headcase as Rondo...it's 6 of one a half dozen of the other...wouldn't want either one on my team to be honest. With this one there is no lesser of two evils...they both are nuts and are un-coachable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

And no, no Perk for me either

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Danny should be going after their other point guard, Reggie Jackson. He's 24, 6'3" 210, and is ready for a breakout year. He deserves to be a starter but its not happening with Westbrook there.  

Averaged 13, 4, & 4 in limited mins off the bench. Is fast, controlled, and an explosive leaper.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Rondo + draft picks for Westbrook?  Why?

I  admit I am a Rondo fan.  Despite his flaws, he is a unique top-quality player.  Danny may have to trade him for the future but only if he gets appropriate value.  Some of these ideas being floated around are ridiculous.  Rondo for Nash + Lakers #7?

Will Rondo leave in free-agency?  Why, because he will get paid more and get to play on a contender?  Which contender will have the cap room to sign him?

I don't think that Rondo is getting traded.  If he does, Danny will net a nice haul.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Any trade that includes a top 8 pick in this draft is a nice haul, and probably the best you could get for him.  He will also probably have to agree to resign with any team Danny trades him to which makes it even harder to get good value for him. 

Danny will probably have to take less than full value just to make sure he doesn't walk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Teams that could offer Rondo big $$$ in Free Agency, Pistons, Lakers, Knicks, Raptors, Kings. Rondo would probably consider the Knicks, Lakers, and Pistons. 

Maybe the Nets too if they jettison Williams like they are trying to do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I don't see it, reason being they will blame this bad exit on the Ibaka injury. 

Westbrook and KD have a good relationship overall....

That said it's a weird type of idea that could end up working. I think it's a bit crazy but maybe not out of the realm of possibility. Boston would have to give up Rondo and Bradley and probably take back Perk...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Rondo for a top 8 pick?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(deep breath)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Danny should be going after their other point guard, Reggie Jackson. He's 24, 6'3" 210, and is ready for a breakout year. He deserves to be a starter but its not happening with Westbrook there.  

Averaged 13, 4, & 4 in limited mins off the bench. Is fast, controlled, and an explosive leaper.

[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

trade an uncoachable head case for an uncoachable headcase.  brilliant.

FORWARD!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That said it's a weird type of idea that could end up working. I think it's a bit crazy but maybe not out of the realm of possibility. Boston would have to give up Rondo and Bradley and probably take back Perk...

[/QUOTE]

How much is Bradley's contract worth next year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

Teams that could offer Rondo big $$$ in Free Agency, Pistons, Lakers, Knicks, Raptors, Kings. Rondo would probably consider the Knicks, Lakers, and Pistons. 

[/QUOTE]

Knicks?

And which of these is a contender?  Toronto? Detroit?  A better option than Boston will be?  Wow!

I prefer a more optimistic approach to doom and gloom.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Can't trust okc, not after the way they hid jeff green's heart problems. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

Knicks?

And which of these is a contender?  Toronto? Detroit?  A better option than Boston will be?  Wow!

[/QUOTE]

Well it depends, I don't see getting a second lottery pick and maybe another asset to flip as doom and gloom.  I'm not a Rondo hater either, just trying to find positives in multiple situations.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bradley is a restricted free agent and can't, currently, be traded. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Knicks?

[/QUOTE]

Well it depends, I don't see getting a second lottery pick and maybe another asset to flip as doom and gloom.  I'm not a Rondo hater either, just trying to find positives in multiple situations.

[/QUOTE]

OK, perhaps not doom and gloom.  That was a remark targeting you and uncalled for.

But I don't agree with the haul that you are willing to accept.  And I don't agree that your list of free agent destinations for Rondo is superior to what the Celts may have to offer.

Sections
Shortcuts