OKC vs Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: OKC vs Celtics

Ainge said he was looking to extend Rondo and now Rondo says he wants to get a 10 years extension.  Is everyone being sincere or there are more to it than meets the eyes?

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/10347237/rajon-rondo-open-idea-staying-boston-celtics

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Ainge said he was looking to extend Rondo and now Rondo says he wants to get a 10 years extension.  Is everyone being sincere or there are more to it than meets the eyes?

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/10347237/rajon-rondo-open-idea-staying-boston-celtics

He said " I wouldnt mind extending 10 years"  that is a lot different than " I want a 10 year extension"

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Sorry I paraphrased, but "a lot" different?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Please, no offense, I'm just curious?

fiercy's got a boatload of posts he needs to make daily in order to meet his monthly quota, particularly with his new ID. if we must suffer a lack of substance, well then, we must.

ain't that right, fiercy? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

To me it is. I think he was just saying he wanted to stay in boston. The ten years was just hyperbole. Just how I read it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

fiercy's got a boatload of posts he needs to make daily in order to meet his monthly quota, particularly with his new ID. if we must suffer a lack of substance, well then, we must.

I was only explaining why I think this game is pretty even.

Pete said the Celts have the advantage because KD is not playing.

I said it's pretty even because we also don't have AB and Rondo is not a good fit in Stevens' system.

I think if Rondo were healthy and the Celtics were a good team they would win this game by 20 even if there was no system at all. the problem is the team stinks, not the system, not rondo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

To me it is. I think he was just saying he wanted to stay in boston. The ten years was just hyperbole. Just how I read it.

I did not paraphrased the 10 years part, and no question that is hyperbole with no possibility of ever happening.  I only substituted "wants" for "wouldn't mind", slightly different tone, I would admit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I said it's pretty even because we also don't have AB and Rondo is not a good fit in Stevens' system.

I think if Rondo were healthy and the Celtics were a good team they would win this game by 20 even if there was no system at all. the problem is the team stinks, not the system, not rondo.

Rondo is healthy - unfortunately, the rest of this season he will be dragging around a knee brace, getting back in to game shape, and overcoming the pschological affects of a major knee injury (planting foot with confidence)! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Rondo is healthy - unfortunately for the rest of this season he will be dragging around a knee brace, getting back in game shape, and overcoming the pschological component of a major knee injury (learning to plant the foot with confidence)! 

[/QUOTEwell I guess he's not healthy then.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I don't get to see OKC much, but it looks like at least Perks trade was not so bad for us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Fierce,

You are the only person who repeats the same thing over and over and over and over again like "Rondo is not a good fit in Brad Stevens' system".

What does YOUR contention that "Rondo is not a good fit in Brad Stevens' system" have to do with this game thread?

Did you watch "The Brad Stevens Coaches Show" in Boston or something where Stevens said that?  Or is this just Fierce's opinion?  I ask because you make that statement in just about every thread you've posted in lately.

Pete

Brad Stevens' system is an equal opportunity offense.

It's not like Doc's system where it's more deliberate.

Stevens' offensive system is to try to get players as many open shots as possible.

It doesn't matter who that player is.

If Rondo is to succeed in Stevens' system, he has to make those open 3-point shots.

Passing up open 3-point shots will cause the offense to stall in Stevens' system.

Fierce, come on man.  What are you talking about?  Do you hear yourself?  How does "passing up 3-point open shots causes the offense to stall in Stevens' system"?  I'm not a genius but going 2 for 17 on 3-pointers just might do more to stall the offense than passing them up.  Don't you think?

I'm wrong that this game should be "advantage Celtics" and you are wrong that this game is "pretty even".

AB's absence and "Rondo is not a good fit in Brad Stevens' system" have NOTHING to do with tonight's poor showing.

If AB was available and Rondo WAS a good fit because he doesn't pass up 3-point shots, we'd still be down 18.

But I still like your posts and their, unusual logic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce,

You are the only person who repeats the same thing over and over and over and over again like "Rondo is not a good fit in Brad Stevens' system".

What does YOUR contention that "Rondo is not a good fit in Brad Stevens' system" have to do with this game thread?

Did you watch "The Brad Stevens Coaches Show" in Boston or something where Stevens said that?  Or is this just Fierce's opinion?  I ask because you make that statement in just about every thread you've posted in lately.

Pete

Stevens' offensive system is to try to get players as many open shots as possible.

If Rondo is to succeed in Stevens' system, he has to make those open 3-point shots.

Passing up open 3-point shots will cause the offense to stall in Stevens' system.

Fierce, come on man.  What are you talking about?  Do you hear yourself?  How does "passing up 3-point open shots causes the offense to stall in Stevens' system"?  I'm not a genius but going 2 for 17 on 3-pointers just might do more to stall the offense than passing them up.  Don't you think?

I'm wrong that this game should be "advantage Celtics" and you are wrong that this game is "pretty even".

AB's absence and "Rondo is not a good fit in Brad Stevens' system" have NOTHING to do with tonight's poor showing.

If AB was available and Rondo WAS a good fit because he doesn't pass up 3-point shots, we'd still be down 18.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce,

Pete

Fierce, come on man.  What are you talking about?  Do you hear yourself?  How does "passing up 3-point open s-h-o-t-s causes the offense to stall in Stevens' system"?  I'm not a genius but going 2 for 17 on 3-pointers just might do more to stall the offense than passing them up.  Don't you think?

If AB was available and Rondo WAS a good fit because he doesn't pass up 3-point s-h-o-t-s, we'd still be down 18.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

What a pathetic excuse of a basketball team. wow! I'ld like to say it's because of all the injuries but..... wow

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Guess they locked down BDC!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Test

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Welp, it's official. The C's are (and look very much like) a D-League team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Welp, it's official. The C's are (and look very much like) a D-League team.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

only a 20 point game? i'm impressed!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Rondo is healthy - unfortunately for the rest of this season he will be dragging around a knee brace, getting back in game shape, and overcoming the pschological component of a major knee injury (learning to plant the foot with confidence)! 

[/QUOTEwell I guess he's not healthy then.

Disagree....he is healthy ...just not in game shape....and dealing with the after effects of a knee injury.....not healthy would mean he is suffering from an injury or illness.....is he injured? is he ill?... not to my knowledge...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

It's simple, in today's NBA if you're a starting PG and you can't make open 3-point shots, you become a liability.

Doc Rivers did a good job masking Rondo's weakness.

Please. Stop it...

Sections
Shortcuts