OKC vs Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: OKC vs Celtics

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce

How does "passing up 3-point open shots causes the offense to stall in Stevens' system"?  I'm not a genius but going 5 for 27 on 3-pointers just might do more to stall the offense than passing them up.  Don't you think?.

AB's absence and "Rondo is not a good fit in Brad Stevens' system" have NOTHING to do with tonight's poor showing.

If AB was available and Rondo WAS a good fit because he doesn't pass up 3-point shots, we'd still get blown out.  A whole lof of people did not pass up open 3-point shots, which fits with Stevens' system.  But Rondo does not fit therefore we lost.

But I still like your posts and their, unusual logic.

[/QUOTE]

It is simple. Rondo just needed to hit 20 threes and they would have won.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ktronic's comment:

[QUOTE]

Then somebody or somebodies on the C's are lying to us all.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is an All-Star.

The Celts would never say we don't want Rondo anymore.

Why do you think Ainge told the media he offered Rondo an extension when it doesn't make sense at this point in time.

[/QUOTE]

Lets wait and see what happens with that extension. I bet it happens. With all due respect. I totally disagree with your reasoning on this one.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fierce

How does "passing up 3-point open shots causes the offense to stall in Stevens' system"?  I'm not a genius but going 5 for 27 on 3-pointers just might do more to stall the offense than passing them up.  Don't you think?.

AB's absence and "Rondo is not a good fit in Brad Stevens' system" have NOTHING to do with tonight's poor showing.

If AB was available and Rondo WAS a good fit because he doesn't pass up 3-point shots, we'd still get blown out.  A whole lof of people did not pass up open 3-point shots, which fits with Stevens' system.  But Rondo does not fit therefore we lost.

[/QUOTE]

It is simple. Rondo just needed to hit 20 threes and they would have won.

[/QUOTE]

There ya go! 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

We all know that Rondo cant s hoot.  I think the question is, which hurts the team more, Rondo not hitting the open jumper? or a line up of Bass, olynk, pressey, Johnson and Blue.

This team is horrible,

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rondo isn't that good.

He isn't worth extending.

Let someone else waste their money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

That has nothing to do with why they lost tonight.

How many wins do the Celtics have with Rondo in the lineup?

Right now Rondo and the Celts are 0-4 when Rondo played.

[/QUOTE]

I think it might possibly be because the entire team stinks.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I could care less if Rondo never played again. My point is this team is playing Gerald Walker 40 minutes a game.

This team is horrible. Not because rondo cant make jump s hots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo isn't that good.

He isn't worth extending.

Let someone else waste their money.

[/QUOTE]

I am fine with that. You know who else isn't that good? Everyone else.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets wait and see what happens with that extension. I bet it happens. With all due respect. I totally disagree with your reasoning on this one.

[/QUOTE]

Here:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/10340941/a-rajon-rondo-contract-extension-boston-celtics-makes-sense-eventually

Ainge, making his weekly appearance on Boston sports radio 98.5 the Sports Hub on Thursday, suggested that Rondo is open to the idea of an extension, but stressed it didn't really benefit him to do it this season.

"In the collective bargaining agreement, there are limits on what can and can't be done," said Ainge. "Really, it's not that Rondo doesn't want to accept an extension, as much as it's just not financially smart for him to accept it right now. We didn't think he would [sign], but we did try."

The limit that Ainge is referring to is the fact that veteran (non-rookie scale) extensions are limited to four years, including the seasons remaining on the current contract (and salary bumps are limited to 7.5 percent increases starting with that first season).

For both the Celtics and Rondo, adding two years to his already bargain deal doesn't do a whole lot for either side. It's a lot more attractive to both team and player to wait until this offseason.

[/QUOTE]

And then extend him?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I could care less if Rondo never played again. My point is this team is playing Gerald Walker 40 minutes a game.

[/QUOTE]

I never said this team is horrible because of Rondo.

All I said was Rondo is not a good fit in this systeym.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. 

I thought you said earlier in the thread they were losing because rondo was not a good fit.  They lost because Gerald Wallace was the best player they had tonight.  

They all played badly. they have horrible personel.

the thing is with rondo I think it might be wise to wait a month. He isn't the same player he used to be at this point. that is obvious.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/10340941/a-rajon-rondo-contract-extension-boston-celtics-makes-sense-eventually

Ainge, making his weekly appearance on Boston sports radio 98.5 the Sports Hub on Thursday, suggested that Rondo is open to the idea of an extension, but stressed it didn't really benefit him to do it this season.

"In the collective bargaining agreement, there are limits on what can and can't be done," said Ainge. "Really, it's not that Rondo doesn't want to accept an extension, as much as it's just not financially smart for him to accept it right now. We didn't think he would [sign], but we did try."

The limit that Ainge is referring to is the fact that veteran (non-rookie scale) extensions are limited to four years, including the seasons remaining on the current contract (and salary bumps are limited to 7.5 percent increases starting with that first season).

For both the Celtics and Rondo, adding two years to his already bargain deal doesn't do a whole lot for either side. It's a lot more attractive to both team and player to wait until this offseason.

[/QUOTE]

Does this mean that if they resign Rondo after this season, they can only extend him for 3 more years at 7.5% raise from $13m?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And then extend him?

[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing, if Rondo becomes an unrestricted FA, he could be asking for 100m-plus.

Here:

Allowing Rondo to get to unrestricted free agency is a bit more daunting. As a Bird Rights free agent after the 2014-15 season, Rondo could command as much as a five-year max-money deal from Boston, which would put him in line for a potential $100-plus million contract.

[/QUOTE]

I would not give rondo anything approaching max money.  

I am not a huge Rondo fan, I just find it funny when people blame everything on him.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fierce

How does "passing up 3-point open s-h-o-t-s causes the offense to stall in Stevens' system"?  I'm not a genius but going 5 for 27 on 3-pointers just might do more to stall the offense than passing them up.  Don't you think?.

If AB was available and Rondo WAS a good fit because he doesn't pass up 3-point s-h-o-t-s, we'd still get blown out.  A whole lof of people did not pass up open 3-point s-h-o-t-s, which fits with Stevens' system.  But Rondo does not fit therefore we lost.

[/QUOTE]

Pete

I'll give you an example.

When the Celts had Jordan Crawford at PG, the opposing PG would always stay at the 3-point line to prevent JC from taking a 3-pointer.

But when it's Rondo, the opposing PG will be closer to the FT line because he knows Rondo is not a threat from beyond the arc.

How the opposing team defends Rondo is the key.

Every team in the NBA right now knows Rondo is not a threat from beyond the arc.

So by playing off of Rondo, the opposing PG can roam and clog the driving lanes.

You can't do that if your PG can make 3-pointers.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, I think that argument is overused and outdated.  Rondo is not a good perimeter s-h-o-o-t-i-n-g PG.  Everybody knows that.  No opposing PGs clog the lane more frequently now since Rondo has returned versus when Pressey comes into the game or when Crawford played the PG.  Just doesn't happen as you say.

With Crawford at the PG, we did not have open lanes to the hoop because the opposing PG had to stay at the 3-point line to protect against Crawford.  You cannot just SAY SOMETHING like that and believe that it's true just because you're saying it.

Bottom line, the Celtics HAVE NO CONSISTENT 3-POINT S-HOOTER.  Sully's man plays off of him at the 3-point line.  Fav's man plays off him as does Wallace's man at the 3-point line.  Every Celtics player who spots up at the 3-point line has an open look because nobody believes we can s-h-o-o-t 3's.

It's not just Rondo, it's everybody.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would not give rondo anything approaching max money.  

I am not a huge Rondo fan, I just find it funny when people blame everything on him.

[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing, Rondo is an All-Star.

John Wall is not an All-Star and he got max money last summer.

Come on, if John Wall, not an All-Star, got the max then surely Rondo, an All-Star, would also get the max, right?

[/QUOTE]

Not unless he shows he can play again. Right now he isn't effective.  to me I could care less about his jumpshot. He used to be able to get to the rim any time he wanted. Now he cant buy his way to the rim. He is a step slow and has no lift.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And then extend him?

[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing, if Rondo becomes an unrestricted FA, he could be asking for 100m-plus.

Here:

Allowing Rondo to get to unrestricted free agency is a bit more daunting. As a Bird Rights free agent after the 2014-15 season, Rondo could command as much as a five-year max-money deal from Boston, which would put him in line for a potential $100-plus million contract.

[/QUOTE]

So the C's won't re-sign him?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fierce

How does "passing up 3-point open s-h-o-t-s causes the offense to stall in Stevens' system"?  I'm not a genius but going 5 for 27 on 3-pointers just might do more to stall the offense than passing them up.  Don't you think?.

If AB was available and Rondo WAS a good fit because he doesn't pass up 3-point s-h-o-t-s, we'd still get blown out.  A whole lof of people did not pass up open 3-point s-h-o-t-s, which fits with Stevens' system.  But Rondo does not fit therefore we lost.

[/QUOTE]

Pete

I'll give you an example.

When the Celts had Jordan Crawford at PG, the opposing PG would always stay at the 3-point line to prevent JC from taking a 3-pointer.

But when it's Rondo, the opposing PG will be closer to the FT line because he knows Rondo is not a threat from beyond the arc.

How the opposing team defends Rondo is the key.

Every team in the NBA right now knows Rondo is not a threat from beyond the arc.

So by playing off of Rondo, the opposing PG can roam and clog the driving lanes.

You can't do that if your PG can make 3-pointers.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, I think that argument is overused and outdated.  Rondo is not a good perimeter s-h-o-o-t-i-n-g PG.  Everybody knows that.  No opposing PGs clog the lane more frequently now since Rondo has returned versus when Pressey comes into the game or when Crawford played the PG.  Just doesn't happen as you say.

With Crawford at the PG, we did not have open lanes to the hoop because the opposing PG had to stay at the 3-point line to protect against Crawford.  You cannot just SAY SOMETHING like that and believe that it's true just because you're saying it.

Bottom line, the Celtics HAVE NO CONSISTENT 3-POINT S-HOOTER.  Sully's man plays off of him at the 3-point line.  Fav's man plays off him as does Wallace's man at the 3-point line.  Every Celtics player who spots up at the 3-point line has an open look because nobody believes we can s-h-o-o-t 3's.

It's not just Rondo, it's everybody.

[/QUOTE]

Green and sully s hot 1 for 12 from the three point line.  Absolutely pathetic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never said this team is horrible because of Rondo.

All I said was Rondo is not a good fit in this systeym.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. 

I thought you said earlier in the thread they were losing because rondo was not a good fit.  They lost because Gerald Wallace was the best player they had tonight.  

They all played badly. they have horrible personel.

the thing is with rondo I think it might be wise to wait a month. He isn't the same player he used to be at this point. that is obvious.

[/QUOTE]

My guess - Rondo wont be Rondo until next season - that's when the knee brace will come off and confidence in his knee will return! 

Whether or not he is still with the Cs is another topic! 

Sections
Shortcuts