OKC vs Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: OKC vs Celtics

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

Does this mean that if they resign Rondo after this season, they can only extend him for 3 more years at 7.5% raise from $13m?

Bingo!

Ainge is trying to lowball Rondo again.

Here:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/10340941/a-rajon-rondo-contract-extension-boston-celtics-makes-sense-eventually

This summer, Boston has two potential extension options for Rondo. The team can tack on a three-year, $44.8 million extension to the final year of his current deal without a signing bonus, which would pay him the scheduled $12.9 million in 2014-15, $13.9 million in 2015-16; $14.9 million in 2016-17; and $16 million in 2017-18. Or, if Boston can stomach a signing bonus payment of $6.6 million, those annual salaries would drop to $11.7 million, $12.5 million and $13.4 million in the extended seasons.

[/QUOTE]

But Rondo is not thinking that he is going to definitely get 5 years $100m, right?  He in theory could lose his Bird's right if things go wrong.  If he plays like a mad man next year, I guess he will be alright, but another knee injury and things could fall apart.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I could care less if Rondo never played again. My point is this team is playing Gerald Walker 40 minutes a game.

This team is horrible. Not because rondo cant make jump s hots.

[/QUOTE]

I never said this team is horrible because of Rondo.

All I said was Rondo is not a good fit in this systeym.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. 

I thought you said earlier in the thread they were losing because rondo was not a good fit.  They lost because Gerald Wallace was the best player they had tonight.  

They all played badly. they have horrible personel.

the thing is with rondo I think it might be wise to wait a month. He isn't the same player he used to be at this point. that is obvious.

[/QUOTE]

My guess - Rondo wont be Rondo until next season - that's when the knee brace will come off and confidence in his knee will return! 

Whether or not he is still with the Cs is another topic! 

[/QUOTE]

right now he has no speed and no lift. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ktronic's comment:

[QUOTE]

So the C's won't re-sign him?

[/QUOTE]

One thing's for sure, Ainge will not allow Rondo to become an unrestricted FA.

If they fail to come to an agreement next year, Rondo will be traded at the trade deadline next year.

[/QUOTE]

Not good news for the Cs if that happens - Buyers market! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Petey62's comment:

[QUOTE]

Fierce, I think that argument is overused and outdated.  Rondo is not a good perimeter s-h-o-o-t-i-n-g PG.  Everybody knows that.  No opposing PGs clog the lane more frequently now since Rondo has returned versus when Pressey comes into the game or when Crawford played the PG.  Just doesn't happen as you say.

With Crawford at the PG, we did not have open lanes to the hoop because the opposing PG had to stay at the 3-point line to protect against Crawford.  You cannot just SAY SOMETHING like that and believe that it's true just because you're saying it.

Bottom line, the Celtics HAVE NO CONSISTENT 3-POINT S-HOOTER.  Sully's man plays off of him at the 3-point line.  Fav's man plays off him as does Wallace's man at the 3-point line.  Every Celtics player who spots up at the 3-point line has an open look because nobody believes we can s-h-o-o-t 3's.

It's not just Rondo, it's everybody.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, Pete, I'm not saying it's just Rondo.

But if you don't believe me then give me an example of a starting PG in the NBA right now that's not a threat from beyond the arc.

In today's NBA, you're not going to become an elite team if your PG is not a threat from beyond the arc.

Rondo and Doc got away with it during the new Big 3 era because every team would double Pierce and KG and Ray's man would never leave him open.

What happens when Rondo is not surrounded by 3 great players?

Like I said, it's not a good fit.

[/QUOTE]

The celtics leading rebounder had 4 rebounds and Green and sully went 1 for 12 from 3.

I think there might be a lot of guys that arent good fits.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fierce

How does "passing up 3-point open s-h-o-t-s causes the offense to stall in Stevens' system"?  I'm not a genius but going 5 for 27 on 3-pointers just might do more to stall the offense than passing them up.  Don't you think?.

AB's absence and "Rondo is not a good fit in Brad Stevens' system" have NOTHING to do with tonight's poor showing.

If AB was available and Rondo WAS a good fit because he doesn't pass up 3-point s-h-o-t-s, we'd still get blown out.  A whole lof of people did not pass up open 3-point s-h-o-t-s, which fits with Stevens' system.  But Rondo does not fit therefore we lost.

But I still like your posts and their, unusual logic.

[/QUOTE]

Pete

I'll give you an example.

When the Celts had Jordan Crawford at PG, the opposing PG would always stay at the 3-point line to prevent JC from taking a 3-pointer.

But when it's Rondo, the opposing PG will be closer to the FT line because he knows Rondo is not a threat from beyond the arc.

How the opposing team defends Rondo is the key.

Every team in the NBA right now knows Rondo is not a threat from beyond the arc.

So by playing off of Rondo, the opposing PG can roam and clog the driving lanes.

You can't do that if your PG can make 3-pointers.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, I think that argument is overused and outdated.  Rondo is not a good perimeter s-h-o-o-t-i-n-g PG.  Everybody knows that.  No opposing PGs clog the lane more frequently now since Rondo has returned versus when Pressey comes into the game or when Crawford played the PG.  Just doesn't happen as you say.

With Crawford at the PG, we did not have open lanes to the hoop because the opposing PG had to stay at the 3-point line to protect against Crawford.  You cannot just SAY SOMETHING like that and believe that it's true just because you're saying it.

Bottom line, the Celtics HAVE NO CONSISTENT 3-POINT S-HOOTER.  Sully's man plays off of him at the 3-point line.  Fav's man plays off him as does Wallace's man at the 3-point line.  Every Celtics player who spots up at the 3-point line has an open look because nobody believes we can s-h-o-o-t 3's.

It's not just Rondo, it's everybody.

[/QUOTE]

You're right...this team is so far below acceptable talent levels across the board it's a joke...they are still a mismatched collection of guys with holes in their talent makeup that literally prevents putting a lineup on the floor whose talents compliment each other...can't s hoot 15 footers, can't s hoot 30 footers, can't rebound, can't play D, too s hort, too slow...trade whomever you wish, they all suck...just develop a vision, make a plan and work the plan...DA seems to be doing that...Stevens was brought here for a reason...I have to laugh at those who thought this team would get into the playoffs, and especially those who thought we could contend...good lord what were you guys toking....that's not meant as a nasty remark, it's just not understandng how anyone could have looked at this roster and realistically believed we'd win a playoff round and we've actually played worse since the beginning of the season.

It's going to be a sails pace until the trade deadline and then I'm afraid we'll have nothing to look forward to until the draft and/or possible deals after the season.

[/QUOTE]

DAs plan executed to perfection! Cs want a top draft pick! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But Rondo is not thinking that he is going to definitely get 5 years $100m, right?  He in theory could lose his Bird's right if things go wrong.  If he plays like a mad man next year, I guess he will be alright, but another knee injury and things could fall apart.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, John Wall, who's not an All-Star, got max money.

So why would Rondo, an All-Star, not get max money?

[/QUOTE]

Was an all-star.  If he plays like crap and exposed without good players like he had in the past, or if he gets hurt again, he is not going to get all-star money.  He can make certain guarantee amount now or wait and risk not getting as much or more depending on how he does.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Was an all-star.  If he plays like crap and exposed without good players like he had in the past, or if he gets hurt again, he is not going to get all-star money.  He can make certain guarantee amount now or wait and risk not getting as much or more depending on how he does.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

That's why Ainge is offering an extension.

[/QUOTE]

So Ainge must have offered 2 years extension just now, and 3 years extension in the summer, and that is all he can do according to CBA.  Rondo might take 3 years in the summer.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to 37stories's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We all know that Rondo cant s hoot.  I think the question is, which hurts the team more, Rondo not hitting the open jumper? or a line up of Bass, olynk, pressey, Johnson and Blue.

This team is horrible,

[/QUOTE] Flip a coin.

Sections
Shortcuts