OKC would be an interesting trade partner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

OKC would be an interesting trade partner

They are a win-now team obviously, with 2 players we would likely be interested in (Perk and Lamb) and 2 picks in this years draft.

Perhaps we could make moves to swap up or down with them from 16 to around 8 or down to 29?

At 8 I'd want us to target Oladipo or Muhammad, would OKC go after one of those SG's? Theose two should ahve much more value than Lamb, is he expendable? What are they going to do with Kevin Martin? He's 31 but still worth more than just the MLE.

Are they still terrified of paying the tax?

I think most of us would prefer Perk at 8-9m to Bass at 6-7 million for the enxt two years. But in OKC's style of play clearly Collison and Ibaka are best at the 5 and Durant at the 4 for them over plodding Perkins. In 18-22 minutes here Perk would be the type of intimidating C the C's need to get more boards than Bass as Sully takes most of Bass's mins and KG's are reduced.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: OKC would be an interesting trade partner

Agree -but I think they'll focus on replacing Martin at the end of the year.

My 3 way trade is this:

Pierce and Perk to Clips

Butler to OKC

Jordan and Bledsoe (swap picks?) to us

KG to the Old folks home!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If I were OKC ... I'd amnesty Perk, let Martin walk. Go out and buy a 6th man (jj.redick, or monta ellis, Delfino, Robinson) and a back-up big (mohammed, blatche, dalembert, Collins) for vet min. I would also be interested in the Paul Pierce sweepstakes once we buy Paul out. I could see Paul as a great 6th man off the bench for OKC...

But I also see KG to the Clippers for Jordan & Bledsoe (or picks); Buy-out PP under the implicit assumption that he will sign with LAC for a reasonable salary (like 4M, 1 year). That way KG and PP can make a run with CP3, Billups, Griffin, and Crawford. Amnesty Butler and get two better impact players for your bench. After they win a title (or fall short to MIA), Paul signs a 1 year VET min deal with BOS and retires a Celtic.

EVERYONE WINS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

If I were OKC ... I'd amnesty Perk, let Martin walk. Go out and buy a 6th man (jj.redick, or monta ellis, Delfino, Robinson) and a back-up big (mohammed, blatche, dalembert, Collins) for vet min. I would also be interested in the Paul Pierce sweepstakes once we buy Paul out. I could see Paul as a great 6th man off the bench for OKC...

But I also see KG to the Clippers for Jordan & Bledsoe (or picks); Buy-out PP under the implicit assumption that he will sign with LAC for a reasonable salary (like 4M, 1 year). That way KG and PP can make a run with CP3, Billups, Griffin, and Crawford. Amnesty Butler and get two better impact players for your bench. After they win a title (or fall short to MIA), Paul signs a 1 year VET min deal with BOS and retires a Celtic.

EVERYONE WINS!

Yes, good idea, except LAC already used their amnesty on Ryan Gomes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Trade with the same team that hid a heart-ailment of one of their players from the Celtics in exchange for Boston's starting center? Bad idea. I wouldn't trust those people for nothing.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

EVERYONE WINS!

The Clippers would then go from being lob city to geriatric  city

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

Having Perk and Rondo on the same team on offense would be a major liability. Neither can make FT and Perk can't create his own shot or even handle most passes. He is only a backup center at best and not worth 9 million a season. Without Garnett, Pierce or Ray we would be horrible on offense. 

In response to rameakap's comment:

They are a win-now team obviously, with 2 players we would likely be interested in (Perk and Lamb) and 2 picks in this years draft.

Perhaps we could make moves to swap up or down with them from 16 to around 8 or down to 29?

At 8 I'd want us to target Oladipo or Muhammad, would OKC go after one of those SG's? Theose two should ahve much more value than Lamb, is he expendable? What are they going to do with Kevin Martin? He's 31 but still worth more than just the MLE.

Are they still terrified of paying the tax?

I think most of us would prefer Perk at 8-9m to Bass at 6-7 million for the enxt two years. But in OKC's style of play clearly Collison and Ibaka are best at the 5 and Durant at the 4 for them over plodding Perkins. In 18-22 minutes here Perk would be the type of intimidating C the C's need to get more boards than Bass as Sully takes most of Bass's mins and KG's are reduced.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Of course, I would happily take PJ3 off their hands as well........LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

Trade with the same team that hid a heart-ailment of one of their players from the Celtics in exchange for Boston's starting center? Bad idea. I wouldn't trust those people for nothing.

True, they are not our favorite people

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd ask OKC to swap first round picks with us... 16 up to 12... and we're saving them 3 million or so sending them Bass for Perk.

It is toughness and someone who can defend C's that we need. Not a PF. If this team is:

A.  Convinced that Sully will be healthy

B.  Drafts a PF (most of the international players are combo-forwards, Olynyk, Dieng and Plumless are more PF's as well)

C. Has KG back (PF most of his career) and Green (same, plays there in small lineups vs. Melo and LeBron)

Then we'd 100% prefer a Perk player to Bass. Play him 8-16 mins for all I care, but trading him for BASS and moving up 3-4-5 spaces in the draft is a no-brainer for this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd also trade Bass and Lee for Perk and Jeremy Lamb and give OKC a future lotto protected 1st rd pick.

That move actually costs OKC a couple million and would only be made if they didn't want to pay Kevin Martin 6-9 million per over 4-5 years and prefered to pay Lee 5-6m per over 3 years.

I still think Lamb has TONS of potential

Sections
Shortcuts