Oladipo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Oladipo?

I will start with an apology for not knowing if numbers would work, etc. I appreciate those on the board who have such knowledge. Every time I watch this guy, I am impressed. His stats (particularly shooting percentages) are not that impressive, but he has desire and hunger for success. He takes no plays off.  When he decides to drive, he will throw it down over much taller players.

I am a fan of RR. If he comes back, plays like his old self, and wants to stay in Boston, I would be very happy with that. If he is damaged goods or starts wanting more money without proving himself again (after injury), we might want to give others a look.

I like that Oladipo is 6' 4". If we are stacking the team with new players with strong upsides, what would you all think about this guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Re: Oladipo?

There is absolutely no chance of Orlando trading him for anyone.  He is who they would have taken if they had the one pick, and word out of Orlando is they aren't even interested in Rod Smart, who they loved, anymore cause they are very happy with Oladipo and feel he is going to be fine as their pg.  We would literally have zero chance of getting him, but I agree, he looks promising.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is absolutely no chance of Orlando trading him for anyone.  He is who they would have taken if they had the one pick, and word out of Orlando is they aren't even interested in Rod Smart, who they loved, anymore cause they are very happy with Oladipo and feel he is going to be fine as their pg.  We would literally have zero chance of getting him, but I agree, he looks promising.

[/QUOTE]

Not even for Rondo, Jeff Green and a good pick?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I really doubt it.  Assuming he can play the point, having Oladipo at pg and Vucevic at the center is an awesome young foundation.  With guys like Harkless, Tobias Harris, and Big Baby they have decent role players, and next year they will have a high lottery pick and tons of cap space.  I can't see them taking on 21 million in salary for Green, who I like, and Rondo coming off major surgery.  Just my opinion but I don't think that is the direction they are looking to go in.

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts