Old and In the Way (Blowup Watch)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Old and In the Way (Blowup Watch)

In light of this being year 5 of the 3 yr run of the Big 3, the Celtics poor start this year, and the tone of most of the threads started since the season began, I think we are now officially on "Blowup Watch." 
    It may be awhile before it actually takes place, but I believe we're now talking months and not years.
    The Poll I've attached asks how and not when.
    I'd be interested to know when you think this process will start.
    This season, after the season ends, or not at all because the Celtics will win their 18th title.

My prediction is if the Celtics are not contending for the 8th seed near the end of the season, DA will trad RA to a contender.  If the Celtics are in the playoffs, DA will wait till the offseason to begin the blowup.  KG will retire and RA will be traded.  Rondo will then, at long last, develop a midrange jumper in the offseason by giving up rollerblading for 500 shots/day.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

Re: Old and In the Way (Blowup Watch)

Blow up option 1, replace Ainge.  He is living on one series of moves that worked.  Everything else he touches goes up in smoke.  How many people do not believe his stupid trade late last year cost a serious run at another banner.

Blow up option 2, move PP to 6th man now.  Bass will bring some energy/youth/rebounding to the first unit while PP will be able to mesh with the reserves.

Blow up option 3, if the team continues to struggle, go young and suffer.  Try to move Ray and KG for draft picks plus expiring contracts, if possible.  Dump O'Neal.  Going 16-50 with youth would be better than 30-36 with the oldies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Old and In the Way (Blowup Watch):
    [QUOTE]Blow up option 1, replace Ainge.  He is living on one series of moves that worked.  Everything else he touches goes up in smoke.  How many people do not believe his stupid trade late last year cost a serious run at another banner. Blow up option 2, move PP to 6th man now.  Bass will bring some energy/youth/rebounding to the first unit while PP will be able to mesh with the reserves. Blow up option 3, if the team continues to struggle, go young and suffer.  Try to move Ray and KG for draft picks plus expiring contracts, if possible.  Dump O'Neal.  Going 16-50 with youth would be better than 30-36 with the oldies.
    Posted by phxvlsoxfan[/QUOTE]

All good options.  Not sure that Ainge will be leaving anytime soon.  Like your idea of moving Pierce to the bench.  That is why we will miss Jeff Green this season.  If effective, he could have played more minutes than Pierce this season.  Who knows what could have happened if he was playing for the Celtics this season?  If this team is still struggling, I wouldn't be surprised if  Ray is traded.  Not sure that anyone would want KG considering that he hasn't been very helpful to the Celtics this season.  Why would a contender want him? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Pierce off the bench sounds like an idea worth trying.  It is a bummer about Green, sort of torpedoed the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flag-waiver. Show flag-waiver's posts

Celts look like hall-a-misfits out there. Slow as slow can be, that's why Rondo looks so fast. KG is not a starter anymore and either is Allen. Plug them in when needed. DOC needs NEW approch in handling the team 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Unless the celtics are a real stinker this season (which means 6 - 8 in the east) I don't see them getting blown up.  That being said RA is by far the easiest to move as well as the most coveted, so if ainge does blow up the team that will be the start and then he will probably move KG and JO for fractions of what they are worth just completly rebuild.  But what I hope happens is this team makes a push this year (which I think they will) and the DA brings them all back. Except with Dwight Howard. A team of RR, RA, PP, JG, DH and KG coming off the bench would be something special I think even with their age. Side note I hope they can hold onto Pietrus he is undervalued if you ask me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Celts look like hall-a-misfits out there. Slow as slow can be, that's why Rondo looks so fast. KG is not a starter anymore and either is Allen. Plug them in when needed. DOC needs NEW approch in handling the team 
    Posted by flag-waiver[/QUOTE]

Rondo is 1 on 3 on a fast break waiting for the gerital big 3 with ben gay on thier joints to catch up.  

If PP goes to the bench then let Peitrus start.  I'm not sure how Green would have been this season.  Is Green better than Peitrus?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

bring in the TNT!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Old and In the Way (Blowup Watch):
    [QUOTE]In light of this being year 5 of the 3 yr run of the Big 3, the Celtics poor start this year, and the tone of most of the threads started since the season began, I think we are now officially on "Blowup Watch."  It may be awhile before it actually takes place, but I believe we're now talking months and not years. The Poll I've attached asks how and not when. I'd be interested to know when you think this process will start. This season, after the season ends, or not at all because the Celtics will win their 18th title. My prediction is if the Celtics are not contending for the 8th seed near the end of the season, DA will trad RA to a contender.  If the Celtics are in the playoffs, DA will wait till the offseason to begin the blowup.  KG will retire and RA will be traded.  Rondo will then, at long last, develop a midrange jumper in the offseason by giving up rollerblading for 500 shots/day.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

The real question is how much of the management staff (Danny? Doc?) will survive to try to rebuild this mess. I've said all along (and a great many of you seem to be in agreement) Danny Ainge isn't a great GM. Other than the KG/Allen trades and drafting Rondo, his mark on this team isn't one that would instill confidence by the ownership.

Doc will probably remain (if he doesn't retire) considering he's been dealt this hand.

This compressed season is going to GREATLY affect this old team. You guys knew it was a small window and DA mortgaged the future for ONE championship.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE] AS DAD WOULD SAY........ "SON, TELL DOC THAT THE YOUNG ONES CAN PLAY, THEY JUST CAN'T SCORE FROM THE END OF THE BENCH" !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

AMEN.......AMEN.........AMEN.........

C'S HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO LOSE ...

BUT ....MORE GAMES...WHICH C'S ARE GOING TO LOSE ANYWAY

ON ...OLD LEGS.....IT'S NOW ABOUT...COACHING...

C H A N G E S....TO PLAY THE YOUNG DUDES......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

DA interview regarding blowup: http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21168836/ainge-fair-say-celtics-look-too-old-so-far

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The trolls were just waiting for this moment to say I told you so

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

I told you so.

Wink

Sections
Shortcuts