old post

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

old post

fIRST  New Orlenas is not a bad team they have solid talent at every position.  Second  It is now apparent that this is Paul Pierce's team.  Ray will be a good second option and KG can only shoot the mid range jumper.  So who will help them:  Brandon Bass needs major minutes because of his ability and youth.  The rookie center Sie. would help but I doubt Doc could do that.  IF we could see Moore play a game or two, he might help but we don't know, because Doc has this thing with Avery Bradley who is years away.  Daniles will help.  And RONDO our point , is  a gutty player but not in the class of the better players in the League who teams are built around.  I thnk we will regroup around Paul if he can play.  STARTING FIVE FRIDAY WITHOUT PAUL, RONDO, DANIELS, RAY, KEVIN, AND BRANDON BASS.  Kevin needs to move to center.  IF Paul Returns he should replace Daniels.  Off the bench Daniels, rookie center, Moore, Dooling, Pav.  and if needed J.O. and Bradley.  The tall rookie has not played enough for us to know.   Mabey get Doc an assisant that can think or let one of the assistants contribute, because Doc needs help with his game plans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: New Orleans NOT BAD

When Paul returns this team will be a playoff team.  There are several good teams in the East this year and when the regular season winds down most teams will have considerable loses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Paul Pierce's Team

With the disasterous start the C's are having, everyone has turned PP into the Messiah. 

Let me remind everyone that PP's game has been slipping the last couple years. His iso's have been trapped and effectively closed down. Hes not getting the calls anymore, his pump fakes and attempts at forcing fouls have been getting ignored.

Lets not put too much burden on PP. HEs been a great player but so has KG & Ray... as you can see, they have slipped in many facets of the game. PP will surely help but I dont find it fair to expect him to turn the ship around.

Bottom line right now is... forget the bench, our starting 5 are just not good enough to be serious contenders. Hopefully Im wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Paul Pierce's Team:
    With the disasterous start the C's are having, everyone has turned PP into the Messiah.  Let me remind everyone that PP's game has been slipping the last couple years. His iso's have been trapped and effectively closed down. Hes not getting the calls anymore, his pump fakes and attempts at forcing fouls have been getting ignored. Lets not put too much burden on PP. HEs been a great player but so has KG & Ray... as you can see, they have slipped in many facets of the game. PP will surely help but I dont find it fair to expect him to turn the ship around. Bottom line right now is... forget the bench, our starting 5 are just not good enough to be serious contenders. Hopefully Im wrong.
    Posted by Karllost

We have got to get some youth in there with some speed. Steamer seems the logical choice for one. Moore also needs to play to see what he can do. Maybe not much I won't continue to watch Doc play the same people and continue to lose. He did that when we were a bad team. We continued to lose with Laftentz and Doc continued to play him and others big minutes instead of giving time to rookies, etc. We have to get faster and more athetic. Its not going to happen with JO, Pav, etc. I would like to see Ray come off the bench looking to do nothing but shoot, (when PP comes back)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Anyone who places trust in Capt Marshmallow to save this team is in for a rude shock!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Paul Pierce's Team : We have got to get some youth in there with some speed. Steamer seems the logical choice for one. Moore also needs to play to see what he can do. Maybe not much I won't continue to watch Doc play the same people and continue to lose. He did that when we were a bad team. We continued to lose with Laftentz and Doc continued to play him and others big minutes instead of giving time to rookies, etc. We have to get faster and more athetic. Its not going to happen with JO, Pav, etc. I would like to see Ray come off the bench looking to do nothing but shoot, (when PP comes back)
    Posted by OneOnOne

I agree.  I said that yesterday.  Ray is the perfect 6th man right now.  Maybe start Steamer with Pietrus, PP, Rondo and KG.  Bass, Dooling and Ray off the bench is really not bad.  He is certainly still better than another teams backup SG.  And, he is still money in crunch time.  The man cannot continue to play 39 mins per night........MAN, did the injury to Jeff Green kill this team, or what?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

We have a lot of home games coming up, we can get some training under our belts and Pierce and Pietrus are coming back, we'll have a decent season. But we do need somebody able underneath the rim. It would be stupid to trade one or more of the big 4 now.. Next season we'll have the cash to rebuild, KG took us back to the top, he deserves to stay for this season imo.
    I have changed my mind on Rondo, I'd keep him around. Next season with Bass, Green, (Pierce) and a couple good additions we can run, run and run.
    Things will work out fine, Doc just needs to use the rookies more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Paul Pierce's Team:
    fIRST  New Orlenas is not a bad team they have solid talent at every position.  Second  It is now apparent that this is Paul Pierce's team.  Ray will be a good second option and KG can only shoot the mid range jumper.  So who will help them:  Brandon Bass needs major minutes because of his ability and youth.  The rookie center Sie. would help but I doubt Doc could do that.  IF we could see Moore play a game or two, he might help but we don't know, because Doc has this thing with Avery Bradley who is years away.  Daniles will help.  And RONDO our point , is  a gutty player but not in the class of the better players in the League who teams are built around.  I thnk we will regroup around Paul if he can play.  STARTING FIVE FRIDAY WITHOUT PAUL, RONDO, DANIELS, RAY, KEVIN, AND BRANDON BASS.  Kevin needs to move to center.  IF Paul Returns he should replace Daniels.  Off the bench Daniels, rookie center, Moore, Dooling, Pav.  and if needed J.O. and Bradley.  The tall rookie has not played enough for us to know.   Mabey get Doc an assisant that can think or let one of the assistants contribute, because Doc needs help with his game plans.
    Posted by maryngary

my  concern is that pp heel injury is the same as "turf-toe"...

in the NFL...and the end result will be extremely limited playing

time for pp this year...and quite possibly career ending as

we've seen with those NFL players......

BEAT L A ...BEAT L A ...BEAT L A ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Fiercest

Agree, everything is from the perimeter, jumper after jumper. We can not break down anyone off the dribble (except rondo). On defense we can NOT stop penetration without fouling. Cant penetrate and cant stop penetration= LOSING. We cant get to the ft line, everything is a contested jumper, we cant iso anyone. Its just a mess.  Offensively, defensively it seems to be in all facets. Very frustrating to watch. Pierce will help but not as much as we need right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Paul is a better player now than he was several years ago.  He will make the team better.  So we may not get out of the East, if Paul is healthy and returns you need to enjoy this year.  It may be a while.  This Year ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

A lot of things will get solved with the PP coming back but first and foremost the defense will improve. 

I laud Brandon Bass and all the accolades relative to Big Baby, but Baby and Paul were part of the unit for most of the past two seasons to the Boston defense.   Rondo is gambling and causes all sorts of problems for the Bigs.   We have to remember that Bass, Wilcox, Dooling have not been completely indoctrinated yet.   Losing Baby, D-West, even Green, and Paul being out there are huge gaps out there.   Unfortunately, a lot of this stuff is going to come of the fly. 

Secondly, Paul is a 20 point night scorer;  essentially, Melo and Lebron did not have do much in the way of defense (Sasha and Daniels -  good role players, but not guys that can carry teams for stretches).   Paul slashes to the hoop and creates other options (no one is going to line off what Sasha and Daniels are doing).  Basically it has been Rondo and Bass forcing the "action".  

Lastly, I think Doc will stagger Ray and Paul with the second unit and if it is Paul, I think he will play the point forward and open opportunity for Dooling, Tuwan, Pietrus, and even Quis.  

People forget, he is a first-ballot Hall of Famer.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

I just hope Paul will be back so he can participate in the 3 point shooting contest at the All Star weekend. Seems like in the past this contest is just as important to the C's Captain than the season.Go get em Capt. Win the 3 pt. shooting contest!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

happy for Paul because it meant so much to him

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Agree that with Pierce we are a playoff team. Agree that anything is possible, but only because injuries are possible on all teams. Right now I don't see Pierce solving our problems with interior defense and beef in the middle. A healthy Pierce will get us to the playoffs but we're not a championship caliber team with our current roster. I hope I'm wrong about that but I don't see it. I don't see moving to KG to center will help either, he is really struggling defensively. 

Ainge took chances on JON and Shaq because he didn't like Perk's game (or his asking price) and now we as fans are paying a steep price for the stiffs Ainge thought would be sufficient. Now the Thunder are in a good position to win a ring and we are in a not-so-good position. 

The idea that fans should "believe" hard every year no matter what kind of roster we have doesn't work for me. 

I'm gonna enjoy the season and I'm going to have a great time watching this team no matter where they end up. But don't ask me to believe they have a shot at winning a title when their chances to do so are extremely remote. 

That said I'm happy with the "big three era" and what we got out of it. But we always knew it wouldn't last forever.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

A lot of things will get solved with the PP coming back but first and foremost the defense will improve.  I laud Brandon Bass and all the accolades relative to Big Baby, but Baby and Paul were part of the unit for most of the past two seasons to the Boston defense.   Rondo is gambling and causes all sorts of problems for the Bigs.   We have to remember that Bass, Wilcox, Dooling have not been completely indoctrinated yet.   Losing Baby, D-West, even Green, and Paul being out there are huge gaps out there.   Unfortunately, a lot of this stuff is going to come of the fly.  Secondly, Paul is a 20 point night scorer;  essentially, Melo and Lebron did not have do much in the way of defense (Sasha and Daniels -  good role players, but not guys that can carry teams for stretches).   Paul slashes to the hoop and creates other options (no one is going to line off what Sasha and Daniels are doing).  Basically it has been Rondo and Bass forcing the "action".   Lastly, I think Doc will stagger Ray and Paul with the second unit and if it is Paul, I think he will play the point forward and open opportunity for Dooling, Tuwan, Pietrus, and even Quis.   People forget, he is a first-ballot Hall of Famer.  
    Posted by ShepherdCall

Shepherd, that's an excellent post!

While there are great points made on both sides of this discussion, most people have not given enough credence in the defense of the Celtics.  That defense was the staple of this franchise for the past few years.  Without practice and with so many new players and the advancing age of the starters, this defensive skill is being hampered.  Some of it comes back with more practice time at home and getting Pierce back.  

However, we cannot get youth back.  KG and Ray (and Paul) are getting older and that hurts the team's chances.  I for one just love these guys and I will ride with them another year.  Their chances of a championship are small, but Danny should show other players that if you are a franchise player for the C's, we will love you and not unload you.  That's what the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Spurs, and other great franchises do.  We don't trade away the guys who made us great.  More franchise players may therefore see us as a destination......that being part of the Celtics family actually means something (as well as paying them and winning championships, obviously).

When Pierce returns and with Pietrus, we won't be a team favored to win a championship, but we will be a top 5 or 6 team in the NBA.  Or defense improves, our substitution pattern improves, our offense improves, Ray is not covered as often because defenses can't ignore him as they do 'Quis and Sasha, and our end of game execution improves.

Let's give this team a chance to improve before writing them off and getting rid of the guy (KG) who changed the culture to a defensive powerhouse.  We can do that at the end of the season and use the cap room to rebuild, but for now, I say let them ride it out and I plan to give them fan support in appreciation for what they've done since the Big 3 came together.  and you never know.....ANYTHING's POSSIBLLLLLLEEEE!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts