old post

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Paul Pierce's Team

In response to "Re: Paul Pierce's Team": [QUOTE]Wish you two guys had posted your comments on my "Overreaction" thread ... Well thought out and pertinent comments. I agree 100%. Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE] Sorry about that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

In Response to Re: Paul Pierce's Team:
    [QUOTE]Fierce knows Roundball ... He sounds like Kathy Lee Griffin interviewing a Laker fan!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Kathy Griffin is a stand-up comedienne. Kathy Lee Gifford is the TV host of NBC's Today Show.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paul Pierce's Team : We have got to get some youth in there with some speed. Steamer seems the logical choice for one. Moore also needs to play to see what he can do. Maybe not much I won't continue to watch Doc play the same people and continue to lose. He did that when we were a bad team. We continued to lose with Laftentz and Doc continued to play him and others big minutes instead of giving time to rookies, etc. We have to get faster and more athetic. Its not going to happen with JO, Pav, etc. I would like to see Ray come off the bench looking to do nothing but shoot, (when PP comes back)
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Agree on Steamer and Moore.  JJ probably can't be a 30 minute guy at this point, but I'd like to see him get some time with PP and Rondo on the first unit, giving KG a rest.  I like the idea of Ray coming off the bench and gunning, then finishing games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paul Pierce's Team :  Agree on Steamer and Moore.  JJ probably can't be a 30 minute guy at this point, but I'd like to see him get some time with PP and Rondo on the first unit, giving KG a rest.  I like the idea of Ray coming off the bench and gunning, then finishing games.
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

In most sports, you try to come out the gate with your absolute best and get a lead.  I think that's Ray.  Even with his weaker defense, he's the best shooter we have.  I'd start him and ask him to fire it up early to build a little lead and put someone in who plays better D.   Let him start games, finish games, and play reduced minutes in the middle.

Also - Ray should play the weakest guard on the other team (even if its the smaller point guard).   Ray should guard the Heat point guard, for example, with Rondo on Wade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

What I wouldn't do to have a guy like this playing in green instead of the marshmallow Boston has for a captain. It's little wonder he's not recognized as an elite player outside of Boston and why he'll never be held in the same conversation as MJ, Bird, Magic,Kareem etc.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/kobe-bryant-28-points-lead-la-lakers-ny-knicks-thursday-night-article-1.998727?localLinksEnabled=false

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]Also - Ray should play the weakest guard on the other team (even if its the smaller point guard).   Ray should guard the Heat point guard, for example, with Rondo on Wade.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Mmh, really? Rondo while having 2 nice offensive games against the Knicks and Miami (minus the 4th quarter) hasn't been great at defense either. Allen is always blamed for his defense but actually in all 3 games this season Rondos opponents scored far above their average. If steals are a (single) measure for great defense than we should sign Allen Iverson. Someone here compared Rondo to the young Jason Kidd. Kidd was (and in spots still is - see the last finals) twice the defender Rondo is. But: Like in Rondos offense the skillset is there, ''just'' attitude and work on fundamentals would make him great. Allen on the other hand is not a bad defender. He has the fundamentals (or learned them when he arrived in Boston) and he is not going for the stats (steals) only. But of course: He is old and can't stop a faster and stronger Wade. Who can if Wade is on fire?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paul Pierce's Team : In most sports, you try to come out the gate with your absolute best and get a lead.  I think that's Ray.  Even with his weaker defense, he's the best shooter we have.  I'd start him and ask him to fire it up early to build a little lead and put someone in who plays better D.   Let him start games, finish games, and play reduced minutes in the middle. Also - Ray should play the weakest guard on the other team (even if its the smaller point guard).   Ray should guard the Heat point guard, for example, with Rondo on Wade.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I like him at the start too.  He's just such a good presence with the second unit that Doc ends up burning the ray candle at both ends throughout the course of a game and season.  But I hear you, it's not really possible until they have someone who belongs at the start over Ray.  And they don't have that right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Heat had a very hard time against two of the bottom feeders in the East, they are beatable.   Paul made a difference last night and we would most likely be 3-1 if he had played.