Older Vets need to go with thanks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Older Vets need to go with thanks

If we are going the route, it looks like we are, the older vets need to go and we need to give the time to the youngsters.  As long as the vets are here the youngs will defer to them.  Smart, Sullinger, new center Zeller? and Fav, KO, Avery and Young and Turner, need the lions share of the time.  Pressey might need to go with the vets also, if possible.  This would be a fun bunch to watch and we could get excited when one of them has a good game , every once and a while.  We would need to pick up another young point guard that can shoot and pass.  Possible to add other good upside youngs when we move the vets.   Some vets might just need to be released like Wallace.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Older Vets need to go with thanks

It's so sad to watch lebron and probably love go to Cleveland and make the cavs a dominant team for 3-5 years while we can do nothing. It was bad enough to wait out the heat's ride, but lebron hosed us by going to Cleveland and likely taking love with him. Who even knows if Kyrie would have re-signed if he didn't know what was up. Now we get to read exciting stories about how we're going to cut players to get under the luxury tax cap. Wake me in 5 years. lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

It's so sad to watch lebron and probably love go to Cleveland and make the cavs a dominant team for 3-5 years while we can do nothing. It was bad enough to wait out the heat's ride, but lebron hosed us by going to Cleveland and likely taking love with him. Who even knows if Kyrie would have re-signed if he didn't know what was up. Now we get to read exciting stories about how we're going to cut players to get under the luxury tax cap. Wake me in 5 years. lol

Sad?! It's the NBA, it's not sad, it's reality. The rest of the NBA should roll over to make the C's competitive again? It's a business not a welfare endeavor. You want to get well, have Danny LeStrange GM do a better job of scouting overseas like San Antonio and then we can talk. Until then, draft well and do the best you can. Even the Lakers suck now...it's not "sad" it's the way the world is.

Oh yeah, and dump head cases like Rondon't and Mr. Green Jeans. They suck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

As a fan, I want to see my team doing well. And when it doesn't, for whatever reason, that's disappointing. You were against going hard after Kevin love, if I recall correctly. Not that we had a real chance at getting him, but maybe if we'd offered 3, 4, even 5 draft picks for him, maybe we could have kept him from going to Cleveland and dominating the east for the next 5 years. These guys we're drafting this year and next year may not even still be celtics when Cleveland finishes his run. Not sure how that's going to help us. You constantly trash rondo, green, Ainge and others. Are there any current celtics you actually like or are you just a 100% troll?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

At least Lebron didn't take it to the Lakers.  At the same time I hope Danny drafts well. The two kids this year I hope become all stars but so far one is not a great shooter,as is his history, and we cant get the other guy on the court.  Must have been a worse accident than was reported.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Zeller, Thornton, Smart and Turner look like our most NBA ready talent next year, if Sullinger makes a leap forward, then we may have some interesting games to watch.  I am beginning to wonder how KO will fit with the team starting the year off.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Season hasn't even started and everyone's speculating. Lebron or Love could get hurt. So many things that could happen. Brad could get this group going etc etc. Wait till season starts before making conclusions 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Smart and Bradley can stop Irving and Bass, Green and Wallace can slow Love.

That leaves Lebron to carry the scoring load which he actually does not prefer. He prefers triple doubles like Rondo. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Man, you are making it up as you go along.  Not reality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

If we are going the route, it looks like we are, the older vets need to go and we need to give the time to the youngsters.  As long as the vets are here the youngs will defer to them.  Smart, Sullinger, new center Zeller? and Fav, KO, Avery and Young and Turner, need the lions share of the time.  Pressey might need to go with the vets also, if possible.  This would be a fun bunch to watch and we could get excited when one of them has a good game , every once and a while.  We would need to pick up another young point guard that can shoot and pass.  Possible to add other good upside youngs when we move the vets.   Some vets might just need to be released like Wallace.

I'm with you 100% The Kids Are Alright ! 

Turn Them Loose with Rondo and this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch this year, certainly more than last year.

Ainge's biggest challenge is to flip Wallace's salary combined with a bunch of other spare parts for some other player's bad contract, would love to see the Celtics flip Wallace and whoever adds up for Amare Stoudmire, Amare and Zeller tag team at center with Favorani to mop up suddenly looks pretty solid.....Throw in the ClippersDoc #1 and Phil Jackson would go for it, he needs players......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Zeller, Thornton, Smart and Turner look like our most NBA ready talent next year, if Sullinger makes a leap forward, then we may have some interesting games to watch.  I am beginning to wonder how KO will fit with the team starting the year off.  

Are you kidding ? Olynyk finished strong last season with Rondo, he's the starting center but will mostly play forward , he will average close to 30min this season and I look for him to double his numbers like Sullinger did last season, K.O. is the biggest story on the Celtics along with Smart and J Young, what do you mean you don't know where he fits ? He's the starting 4 who will also play some 5.....what don't you understand about Kelly Olynyk ? The guy is going to score north of 20,000 points in his NBA career.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Completely agree. Danny seems to be continuing on with a traditional rebuild. This means developing youth, and getting as high a pick as possible takes precedence over winning regular season games.  To maximize the opportunity to succeed he must remove or cut down playing time for the veterans on this team. 

The young guys need reps to maximize their confidence and value, while simultaneously giving us a better chance at top a draft choice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Green and Wallace can slow Love.

I'll pair up Sully against Love.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

Yeah it is Green, Wallace and Bass on Lebron

Bass, Sully and KO on Love

KO, Zeller and Fav on Varajao

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Did you ever see Green guard a much taller Pau Gasol when he was in OKC? Green shuts mobile power forwards/ stretch 4's down!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Are you kidding ? Olynyk finished strong last season with Rondo, he's the starting center but will mostly play forward , he will average close to 30min this season and I look for him to double his numbers like Sullinger did last season, K.O. is the biggest story on the Celtics along with Smart and J Young, what do you mean you don't know where he fits ? He's the starting 4 who will also play some 5.....what don't you understand about Kelly Olynyk ? The guy is going to score north of 20,000 points in his NBA career.....

Agree with everything you say their about Olynyk except the 20,000 points part. 

Do you know how hard it is to score that many points?

I have compared Olynyk to Christian Laettner several times. I have said he will likely be a 3 point shooting Laettner who plays both PF and C. Laettner scored 11,121 points in his career.

He scored 1,472 as a rookie compared to Kelly's 607. Laettner was basically done by age 31 though, scoring about 1,500 points after that the rest of his career. If Olynyk becomes the 16-18ppg guy in his prime (like Laettner) that I think he will, and stays relatively healthy (let's say an avg of 75 games a season) then by age 31 he will have around 11,000 points.

Considering he is not the most athletic guy to begin with, a drop in production after age 31 is expected. If he plays to age 36, what can we expect? 5 seasons even at 80 games a season of 11-13 points gets him another 4,500 points or so. 

That is around what guys like McHale, Schrempf, Divac and Tom Chambers all scored after age 31. 

15,000 points is realistic for Kelly Olynyk. I am 99% sure he won't touch 20,000. McHale scored 17,335. Retired at 35 and despite the foot injury only missed more than 18 games in ONE season and played in 77-82 games in 8 of his 13 seasons. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Did you ever see Green guard a much taller Pau Gasol when he was in OKC? Green shuts mobile power forwards/ stretch 4's down!

100% False!

Gasol DESTROYED Green for LA. Humiliated him in the 2010 playoffs. That match-up was a primary reason for the Perkins trade. So Ibaka could be on Gasol and Perk on Bynum. 

Green is TERRIBLE guarding anyone 6'9" or taller with a halfway decent post game. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Reality strikes again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Do you do any research before you make your hysterical comments and people ask you what drugs you are on?

Gasol averaged 18 points, 12.2 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 1.3 blocks in 36 mins in the 2010 series a fiesty OKC squad took to six games against the Lakers.

The weak link on that team? Jeff Green. Who played one more minute per game than Gasol to provide 11.8 points, 4.7 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 0.5 blocks against Gasol. He was DOMINATED. In a one point home loss in game six Green managed 3 rebounds to Gasol's 18.

That is basically what happened to KG in the game 7 loss, only Green was a couple months shy of his 24th birthday (not just 34th), was playing at home, in his 6th playoff game that season (not 23rd) and not returning from a major knee injury.

So yeah, Jeff Green CANNOT guard tall PF's. I'd give him better odds against 2015 Kevin Love at 6'9" than 2010 Pau Gasol at 7', but still, so some freaking research Da before you spout your ignorance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

He needs to have a mean steak or a chip on the shoulder or he is just tooooo nice at this time.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

well, in the spirit of the original statement of the thread- the older vets need to go.  i would LOVE to see that happen.  but it would take cash buyouts to make them go away because nobody really wants any of them.  do we have the cash and the will power to do that?

sure you can stuff a couple on IR and just ignore them, but there's nobody lining up for the oldest folks on this roster because of their contracts or other issues (sudden skills collapse for wallace, etc)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

A big question is the situation with KO and Sullinger. Both are best suited at the 4, so what do you do? Is KO too talented to be coming off the bench?

Sections
Shortcuts