Oldest Player in NBA to Record a Triple Double!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Oldest Player in NBA to Record a Triple Double!

Pierce had a great game tonight! His stat line, an impressive 27-pts, 14-rebs, and 14-assists! Even more impressive, Pierce recorded this triple double at 35-years of age!

The stat line made me wonder, who was the oldest player in the NBA to record a triple-double? The answer, Karl Malone!

"The oldest player to record a triple-double in NBA history is Karl Malone, who had a triple-double when he was 40 years and 127 days old. To date, Karl Malone is the only NBA player over the age of 40 to record a triple-double. Malone had 10 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists. Remarkably, Karl Malone recorded the triple-double while only playing 26 total minutes in the game."

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Oldest Player in NBA to Record a Triple Double!

It was a great and memorable performance!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

OKC Wouldn't want to give up Martin and a 1st rounder for PP...Martin is exactly what the Thunder need in his situation, and PP is exactly what the C's need right now. Martin is just a come off the bench and score a little bit guy. They don't want or need him for anything else. He knows his role and plays it. PP isn't that kind of guy.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Most memorable: According to most people here PP is old, KG washed up, we are better without Rondo, Terry is a waste, Ray was even worse than Terry...have I forgotten anything? If someone of this forum would be the GM we would have zero players^^

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I honestly don't think PP would bring much to the Thunder. They already have their PP in Durant. They would benefit from a KG type, or a Howard type (if he wasn't always "hurt"), but PP would be more of the same. That's like the people who want to see more 2 guards in green, it's great to have great players, but only if their skills compliment each other to create the team.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

And some here bashed me for saying that OKC would want to trade Kevin Martin and a lottery pick for Pierce.

Ugh!

pierce's efficiency on offense (40%) and defense have gone down the tubes this year.  he can still dig out a win.  he can still hit big shots.  but more and more nights he's going to get his clock cleaned by younger and faster guys.  that's what they were talking about.

awesome that he gets 14 rebs and 14 dimes tonight.  but lots of turnovers and neither of those stats are sustainable.  we NEED a big (s!!) and a point guard.  you can't just wear paul out like an old shoe like he's 26 again!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pierce is a huge upgrade over Martin.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Celtics play of late is markedly limiting DA's hand toward rebuilding.  Only viable trade option  now would be for a big to help us this year.  Bass, picks, and Melo?

As much as a like Rondo, I like deep playoff runs and titles more, not that I believe they're mutually exclusive, just looking at what's on our plate this year.

Next four games should be ultimate test for this revamped lineup.

Charlotte tomorrow after an emotional 3 OT win tonite.  Team is primed for letdown.

Then Chicago at home and followed by roadgame back to backs against Denver and LA.  Payback?

Glad we have a 9 or 10 man  rotation at this point.  Distributes the minutes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

And some here bashed me for saying that OKC would want to trade Kevin Martin and a lottery pick for Pierce.

Ugh!

I was crucified too! Hahahahaha....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Pierce is a huge upgrade over Martin.

The Celtics need Pierce more and Pierce deserves to stay. Unless he wants to leave.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I dont want them to trade Pierce. I am just agreeing that adding Pierce to OKC would make them way tougher than they are now with Martin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I wonderpAwhat his legs are going be like tomorrow?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Let the young guns play Monday...inlcuding Melo...

I think PP's trade value just went up...lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Why did they recall Melo??? hmmmm... smoke??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I can't imagine that we won't see a lot of Collins, Wilcox and Barbosa tomorrow night.  I don't see KG and PP getting more than 25 min each.  They are game planning that right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Pierce had a great game tonight! His stat line, an impressive 27-pts, 14-rebs, and 14-assists! Even more impressive, Pierce recorded this triple double at 35-years of age!

The stat line made me wonder, who was the oldest player in the NBA to record a triple-double? The answer, Karl Malone!

"The oldest player to record a triple-double in NBA history is Karl Malone, who had a triple-double when he was 40 years and 127 days old. To date, Karl Malone is the only NBA player over the age of 40 to record a triple-double. Malone had 10 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists. Remarkably, Karl Malone recorded the triple-double while only playing 26 total minutes in the game."

Paul Pierce last night. one of the greatest performance by any Celtic. ever. ditto Kevin Garnett.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Paul Pierce last night. one of the greatest performance by any Celtic. ever. ditto Kevin Garnett.

I agree, it was something special!! Bird like!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

An great analyst in this forum told me that Malone was just stat hunter, maybe PP is doomed with the same fate after this performance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Not Bird like. Pierce like. Thats why hes the truth, hes been big time his whole career.

Sections
Shortcuts