Olympics Interview with Doc and Kevin Love

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGBeast. Show KGBeast's posts

Olympics Interview with Doc and Kevin Love

Anyone else catch this? That Willy dude introduced it like Doc is in love with the guy, and joked about Doc wanting to bring Kevin on as a step towards a future contract deal.

Was this an insight into the future celtics? KG and re-upping the team extends us towards Kevin Love. Could he be our future with Rondo, Bradley and Green?

Just a thought
    (sorry no link, as its still going on now)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: Olympics Interview with Doc and Kevin Love

Anybody but a dippy Olympics announcer would understand the NBA's rules about tampering.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I had my fingers crossed that Love wouldn't resign with Minny. He is a throwback style player, but has become very, very solid. Dominant positional rebounder despite lack of height/athleticism and has developed a solid jumper with range.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

A pipe dream for now but he would be the ideal superstar for the C's, he has the right mindset to fit right in and excel just like KG did.
    Could be similar to Orlando and the Lakers, first Shaq, then Howard?
    Celts and Minny, first KG then Love?
    Rondo-Love is very good core to build around, better than Rose-Noah for example.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Olympics Interview with Doc and Kevin Love:
    [QUOTE]A pipe dream for now but he would be the ideal superstar for the C's, he has the right mindset to fit right in and excel just like KG did. Could be similar to Orlando and the Lakers, first Shaq, then Howard? Celts and Minny, first KG then Love? Rondo-Love is very good core to build around, better than Rose-Noah for example.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]
    Love is a team player and hard worker.  He is not a player that will make you a champion however.  His stock is way too high when correlated with the amount of wins he brings to a team.  Let someone else have him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Olympics Interview with Doc and Kevin Love : Love is a team player and hard worker.  He is not a player that will make you a champion however.  His stock is way too high when correlated with the amount of wins he brings to a team.  Let someone else have him.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Who is, beside Lebron and Durant?
    And even James needed Wade. All I'm saying is that Rondo and Love would be a great core to build around. Love is a rebounding machine, All Star, member of the Olympic team, 23 years old and keep in mind he plays in Minny. 
    Anyway nowadays you need a big 3 to win it all (albeit there are some exceptions like Dallas in 2011). And if I can dream a little bit more, my future BIG 3 for the C's would be Rondo, Harden and Love.
    Just a lovely dream though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

And Love's defense is close to KG's as well...
    Just a joke!

Love is really a weird player. Fantastic rebounder besides lack of size, average at best athletic ability and shooting a lot from outside.

Still I'm not sure if he plays championship D though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

Love would be perfect for Celts. The fans would love Love

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Love would be perfect for Celts. The fans would love Love
    Posted by maxnsl[/QUOTE]

Love would be a great addition to most teams in the NBA.  It would be great if the Celtics could sign him in the future. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I don't know why Love wouldn't stay in Minny. With Rubio, who will wind up being at least as good and exciting as Rondo. If Williams can put it together, they have a lot of potential already. Add Buddinger (hopefully off the bench) and Steamer off the bench, and there's a solid young group. Get yourself a top of the line SG or C next year (since they couldn't bring in Batum) and they could be a legit team for a while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

On top of that, they've supposedly signed AK-47 (who's very very good when he's healthy) and they have Brandon Roy, who could be a huge steal if his German process went as well as it did for Kobe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]And Love's defense is close to KG's as well... Just a joke! Love is really a weird player. Fantastic rebounder besides lack of size, average at best athletic ability and shooting a lot from outside. Still I'm not sure if he plays championship D though.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

I am curious why you think he lacks size, as he is 6-10

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In response to "Re: Olympics Interview with Doc and Kevin Love": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Olympics Interview with Doc and Kevin Love : I am curious why you think he lacks size, as he is 6-10 Posted by dirty52[/QUOTE] Love is just over 6'8"...the NBA (and agents) are notorious for adding on inches for intimidation and contract purposes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If the Celts signed Kevin Love, runrunrun would have to take some time alone with himself in the best sense of that word if you know what I mean. 

Of course then he would have no ability to critique the team since his demographic conspiracy theories would be permanently destroyed by the simple act of getting the best player available. 

I sure wouldn't mind Love as a Celtic and he's exactly the type of guy Ainge might be able to get here...

Sections
Shortcuts