Olynyk and Iverson

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Olynyk and Iverson

Poor Melo.

I really hope he has the drive to get better. He has all the tools, just needs the skills. From what I've heard, he is not a dumb kid. He is no Mcgee. But, he needs persistence and drive to want to get better because its going to take another 2-3 years. I hope we stay with him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Drafting Olynyk and Iverson together kinda reminds me of when the Pistons drafted Salley and Rodman.  Not saying it will turn out the same or as well but it will be interesting to watch.  Here's a clip of Iverson setting a screen.  Can't recall seeing anything like that for the last few years around here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUKP1kU9ybY

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

This is how you set a pick....I think his feet were still moving though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUKP1kU9ybY

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Olynyk plays a lot like Luis Scola, a 7' Luis Scola. Can shoot, pass, score inside. Started his basketball life as a PG and it shows. If he can board like Scola that would be okay.

Iverson is big, strong, and nasty. Sets physical screens. Best case, he's Reggie Evans, a 7' Reggie Evans, but one who can actually shoot and score. The reason, I think, for the switch to Brooks in the Nets deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:

Olynyk plays a lot like Luis Scola, a 7' Luis Scola. Can shoot, pass, score inside. Started his basketball life as a PG and it shows. If he can board like Scola that would be okay.

Iverson is big, strong, and nasty. Sets physical screens. Best case, he's Reggie Evans, a 7' Reggie Evans, but one who can actually shoot and score. The reason, I think, for the switch to Brooks in the Nets deal.

Scola can rebound though.