Olynyk at center?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Olynyk at center?

I'd give Olynyk a try a center.  He's certainly big enough and how many centers in the league are offensive powerhouses?  I think he could hold his own defensively and create some fits offensively.  I'd love to see Olynyk and Sully on the floor at the same time.  Their respective IQ's are through the roof and they are both great passers.  I'm so excited for next year!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Olynyk at center?

In response to MelWitt's comment:

I think he can be a good NBA player and a real asset to the C's...his O game is really solid bordering on outstanding....however he's not nearly stout enough to play the 5 position...maybe in a few years of natural growth and strength work he could, but not right now...he'd be pummelled mercilessly inside...I think it would actually impair his development.

He's actually bigger than I thought he was - more broad and, like I said, how many NBA centers are real offensive powerhouses?  So, it's not like he'll be guarding Dwight Howard every night.  Most starting NBA centers are actually offensively limited.  He might have more trouble with the power forwards.  It's really nice to see a polished, well rounded offensive game - isn't it?  Makes me appreciate how truly rare well rounded players are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I actually like Melo and Olynyk together.

I think they compliment each other.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

No way,  he's not a center.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I think Olynyk is going to be our 6th man off the bench for scoring as his D is still suspect. No way I'm saying he's as good as, but I think C's will use him like McHale when he was our 6th man.

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I think he can be a good NBA player and a real asset to the C's...his O game is really solid bordering on outstanding....however he's not nearly stout enough to play the 5 position...maybe in a few years of natural growth and strength work he could, but not right now...he'd be pummelled mercilessly inside...I think it would actually impair his development.

He's actually bigger than I thought he was - more broad and, like I said, how many NBA centers are real offensive powerhouses?  So, it's not like he'll be guarding Dwight Howard every night.  Most starting NBA centers are actually offensively limited.  He might have more trouble with the power forwards.  It's really nice to see a polished, well rounded offensive game - isn't it?  Makes me appreciate how truly rare well rounded players are.

He's not very long. KO has a 6'10'' wingspan.  Rajon Rondo also has a 6'10'' wingspan. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Sully and Olynyk starting with Sully as the Center on defense and Olynyk the Center on offense.

Not an issue really. They're interchangeable.

............................................................................................................................

It's an issue. The Celtics will have no rim protector with just Sullnger and Olynyk in the game together.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Remember, he is just a rookie. He can build his body over time to be a little more agile on defense. He is polished offensively, just like Jared.

Man, I really wish Jared was cleared to play. He's a winner, a leader. I'm really looking forward to Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Olynyk lineup. I don't care if they're a -20.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

............................................................................................................................

It's an issue. The Celtics will have no rim protector with just Sullnger and Olynyk in the game together.

Rim protector?

Is Chris Bosh a rim protector?

The Heat won a championship because Chris Bosh stepped up on defense.

Right now the Celts have no one better. Just play Olynyk until the Celts can get a rim protector. It's not like the Celts will be contenders this coming season.

It's a win-win situation. Olynyk gets playing time and experience that will make him a better player sooner than later. And if the Celts lose a lot of games because of playing Olynyk at Center then it only brings them closer to Andrew Wiggins.

Lebron is the rim protector for Miami. When we get Lebron, let me know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Lebron's block on Splitter.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI8-PbK1wmY

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Compliment each other?

Melo:  You have nice hair, Kelly.

Olynyk:  Thanks, Fab.  You may be completely useless on the basketball court, but you're a real nice guy.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind if Melo started at center.  He'd foul out in about 6 minutes.  It would ensure us losing alot of games.  And it would finally put an end to the fantasy that Fab is anything more than a journeyman big/12th man on the bench.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Compliment each other?

Olynyk:  Thanks, Fab.  You may be completely useless on the basketball court, but you're a real nice guy.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind if Melo started at center.  He'd foul out in about 6 minutes.  It would ensure us losing alot of games.  And it would finally put an end to the fantasy that Fab is anything more than a journeyman big/12th man on the bench.

Melo needs a mentor on the team,either a player or coach. At this time,Ido not see anyone in that role. With the right tutelage, coaching and hard work, Melo could be in that Collins or Perk role. Play hard D, set hard picks, battle on the boards, get garbage put backs, use his 6 fouls. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Olnyk is here to put points on board. His game isn't to protect the rim.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Though he may play some center in small lineups he is an NBA power forward, he can handle the ball, shoot the three but will get overpowered by centers like Roy Hibbert or even Tyson Chandler.  

Put a larger defensive minded center next to him and Olynyk will be able to play facing the basket where he is better suited.  Funny how people who hated the pick of Olynyk now want him as our starting center...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Sully and Olynyk starting with Sully as the Center on defense and Olynyk the Center on offense.

Not an issue really. They're interchangeable.

I see it as a high-post/low-post combo

with Sullinger at the low-post

KO at high-post

it's early yet, but if they both develop in the next year or so, it looks like a possibility at least.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Compliment each other?

LOL

or

KO: Melo, you run like Fred Sanford and look like Lemont!

( I need to thank whoever put that Fred sanford line in the first summer game thread, it was worth repeating!).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Except Rondo will be. That is besides the point though. KO isn't that long. It will impact his defense at center. 

He's not very long. KO has a 6'10'' wingspan.  Rajon Rondo also has a 6'10'' wingspan. 

Yeah...and we know Rondo won't be on the team by the trade deadline so.......

Except Rondo will be. That is besides the point though. The point is KO despite being 7 feet tall isn't a very long defender. that will make it difficult to guard centers. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Could be play 5, maybe, but why? Let him build up his body 1st. Right now he has the tools to be a successful stretch 4 and has great passing ability as well. I would put Sully at the 5 next to him before that. Sully has the big wallets in the back pockets needed to bang inside and has a year experience doing it. Let K.O. come along where he is comfy. Shooting outside and posting when he has the advantage. I like him the high post where he can be a triple threat to pass, shoot or drive. He has more handle than I knew about. Dont waste his talents at the 5, where he will wear down and tire from b anging too much.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

KO looks good though. 

Sections
Shortcuts