Olynyk at Small Forward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Olynyk at Small Forward

How do you folks think that might work?

I think he could zone it up on defense and post up on offense and force a lineup change.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Re: Olynyk at Small Forward

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

I think he could zone it up on defense and post up on offense and force a lineup change.

I think he is stuck at PF or C. IMO I do not believe he is quick enough to cover SF's out on the parimeter. Even a guy like Jeff Green with 3 point range {most NBA SF's have it} would kill him, espcially if they were hitting their shots. He could not recover when rushing the 3 point shooter and easily driven by after one pump fake. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he is stuck at PF or C. IMO I do not believe he is quick enough to cover SF's out on the parimeter. Even a guy like Jeff Green with 3 point range {most NBA SF's have it} would kill him, espcially if they were hitting their shots. He could not recover when rushing the 3 point shooter and easily driven by after one pump fake. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

Never happen..on Off. against certain lineups, yes, but never on D...feet aren't quick enough, lacks quick lateral movement to cover a much smaller man. Even against guys his own size he's more "smooth" than qucik, and uses his Bball IQ and intelligence...make him appear faster than he really is IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

If we could teach him to contest without leaving his feet or closing out of control his length might pose a problem to smalls out on the perimeter.

At the very least there is potential for him to discourage lay up attempts by small forwards making them 1 dimensional.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

If we could teach him to contest without leaving his feet or closing out of control his length might pose a problem to smalls out on the perimeter.

At the very least there is potential for him to discourage lay up attempts by small forwards making them 1 dimensional.

[/QUOTE]

Not that we need another PF but this could work if you paired him with a Julius Randle who should be able to play a little SF defense. But I agree with Melly that he would only be able to play the 3 at the Offensive end only. Just my opinion. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

He's just way too slow-footed to guard great SFs...I don't think he could even guard Jeff Green for example - harsh but true. Guessing Green blows by him in practice. 

That said I have been surprisingly pleased by Olynyk and I think he will work out well at PF, maybe starting, maybe some backup, and yes, maybe some SF in certain matchups. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

That'd be perfect. Then we can just have Pressey learn how to be a rim protector...Championship solved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Oly at SF....what a joke!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I think if he always invited his man to take jumpshots and then made them shoot over his arms it would work for him. If he got within 6 feet of most small forwards when they face up he would be called for fouls once they put it on the floor.

Most players are not good from mid-range shooting over 7 footers consistently imo.

We could then field Rondo-Green-Olynyk-Sully and Hump.

That would not have to be slow down pace because we have plenty of rested horses at every position. Kelly and Hump run great for big guys.

Pressey, Bradley and Bayless minutes would have to be split based on whos playing best.

Olynyk gets pick n roll miss match and post up mis match.

Green has edge in height and power on most 2's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Anybody remember Alvind Adams? Similar game, but Oly could end up better. He used to play point guard and it shows, can pass and has a great head for the game offensively.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I just shake my head at Da

The other day it was a Jeff Green for Andre Drummond trade suggestion... 

some people never learn

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The Lakers dominated the league when they could throw Bynum, Gasol and Odom (6-10 small forward) out there at the same time.

Kells (my nickname for him) may or may not dribble as well as Odom. I dont know.

As long as he can shoot over smaller opponents it doesnt matter.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.