OLYNYK LOOKING WOEFULLY OVERMATCHED vs NUGGETS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

OLYNYK LOOKING WOEFULLY OVERMATCHED vs NUGGETS

He seems simply physically inadequate to the tasks at hand.

I'm no training expert, but I don't see how that body is going to get stronger, faster, tougher, more combative, or quicker and higher off the floor.

He flinches, bounces off people, is a step (or two) slow to the ball. He can't beat people off the dribble and can't get a shot off.

I'm officially worried.

I'm way beyond worried about Green, Bradley and Bass though. The Little 3 combined tonight for a -98 against the Nuggets. However, they did manage to total 13 rebounds, the same number as Kenneth Faried, and to record 3 assists, only 10 fewer than Ty Lawson's 13.

Sigh!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: OLYNYK LOOKING WOEFULLY OVERMATCHED vs NUGGETS

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He seems simply physically inadequate to the tasks at hand.

I'm no training expert, but I don't see how that body is going to get stronger, faster, tougher, more combative, or quicker and higher off the floor.

He flinches, bounces off people, is a step (or two) slow to the ball. He can't beat people off the dribble and can't get a shot off.

I'm officially worried.

I'm way beyond worried about Green, Bradley and Bass though. The Little 3 combined tonight for a -98 against the Nuggets. However, they did manage to total 13 rebounds, the same number as Kenneth Faried, and to record 3 assists, only 10 fewer than Ty Lawson's 13.

Sigh!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I pointed this out weeks ago. Olynyk had one or two good games, but he doesn't look like an NBA player at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Add me to the getting worried list. It's not like he's 19 and has a high upside. What we see, may be what we get.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

send him down to d league and reevaluate his potential.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Didn't the entire team look overmatched? 

Remind us who played well and showed they had game. 

Sully also got himself kicked out of the game for being a child and a bad sport - but on the positive side at least he showed some fire.

Haven't seen many "I love Jordan Crawford!" posts lately either...

We made Randy Foye look like Earl the Pearl Monroe.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sully also got himself kicked out of the game for being a child and a bad sport - but on the positive side at least he showed some fire.

[/QUOTE]

Right.  I didn't think he looked any worse than any other Celtic on the floor last night.  Bass is becoming Bass again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right.  I didn't think he looked any worse than any other Celtic on the floor last night.  Bass is becoming Bass again.

[/QUOTE]

Jeff Green is a ghost.  He isn't even noticeable.  17 of the least impactful points you'll ever see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jeff Green is a ghost.  He isn't even noticeable.  17 of the least impactful points you'll ever see.

[/QUOTE]

Jeff Green is the player we should be giving up on.  I think we have a good sample size at this point.  We know what he is: a maddening talent that will only afford rare glimpses every 10 games or so.  If we could get a first round pick for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oly is just 22 years old.

7-footers are given at least 4 years to fully develop.

Also, don't expect Oly to be like McHale.

Oly's potential is more Dirk or Chris Bosh than Kevin McHale.

[/QUOTE]

Tell Fab Melo that he will be given 4 years to develop.

Potential is a word for hasn't done anything and hope that he will.  Oly needs to be compared to a good rotation player before we talk about people like Bosh and Dirk.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Oly is going to be a guy who averages 13 and 7.  Which is fine. He wont be a star, he wont be a bust. it is his rookie year. He was playing last year in a weak conference. He needs time to adjust.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

[QUOTE]

Tell Fab Melo that he will be given 4 years to develop.

Potential is a word for hasn't done anything and hope that he will.  Oly needs to be compared to a good rotation player before we talk about people like Bosh and Dirk.

[/QUOTE]

Fab Melo and JaJuan Johnson both have something in common.

Both of them are not very bright when it comes to the game of basketball.

Kelly Olynyk has the height and the brains.

It's just a matter of time.

Worst case scenario is he ends up a good rotation player.

[/QUOTE]

So 7 footers get 4 years to develop only if they are "bright"?

BTW  Johnson is not a 7 footer.

Unless something changes "best" case is if he turns out to be a good rotation player. At this point he isn't that yet.  That is why its not reasonable to compare to someone like Dirk that has proven it for years.

I want Oly to play well,  only problem is he hasn't

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Need a real point guard in the rotation, who can make others better players.  A point guard with fire in the belly, chip on his shoulders, and can mouth at his teammates when they are dogging, and has respect of his teammates.  Know anyone?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The problem with Olynyk is that his hair's too long, and it creates too much drag that causes him to run more slowly than normal.  Seriously though, the comparison to Nowizki is premature  - Dirk had been playing against the best Euro talent from his teens and came into the League with an "I'll show 'em" attitude.  He was and is more aggressive than Olynyk, simply, and that difference is noticeable. Olynky seems like a nice tall kid playing basketball for fun and not (yet?) driven to excel. Take some of Sullinger's swag, for instance, and add it to Kelly's game, and he'd seem more like the NBA player everyone wants and most expect him to be.  A summer in the weight room might be accompanied by playing in LA in against KG, Pierce, Kobe, et al.  Forget summer league games, he should play without referees and have to fight for everything and prove himself against physical and demanding players.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Obviously, he will be given time, but getting pushed around and slowness have nothing to do with bball IQ.  It could be that he does not have it physically to be a long term competent NBA front court player.  We shall see.

Sections
Shortcuts