On reitiring Shaq's number

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Re: On reitiring Shaq's number

In Response to Re: On reitiring Shaq's number:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Team The Dallas Cowboys are America's team, not the Lakers. 
    Posted by Fierce34

The Lakers sell more jerseys than the cowboys, KB24 sells more individual jerseys than any NBA or NFL player and ESPN and TNT have both coined the Lakers as 'America's team' at different times. But thanks for your contribution, I'm sure AMERICA'S  team will take it on board!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: On reitiring Shaq's number : You forget that us in Lakerland don't give a hoot about what beantown has to say about America's franchise, the Los Angeles Lakers. As for RUPotapenko, I suspect that you saw the thread how I schooled him and for the sake of those who didn't see you try to turn it around...hard luck. Dr Buss, the HOFer and America's grestest sports team owner can do whatever he likes and I for one am proud to say he does. 10 championships under his care is testimony to the 'winning man's' mantra. Perhaps you should turn you're attention to beantown and ask this.....if McFale had not wrecked the TWolves for the sake of his former team where would the celts be today? Hint: Boston Celtics 2006-07: Won 24- Lost 58!! Thank god for former players huh lmao. Lest we forget this:
    Posted by KB24RULZ

This is BOSTON, not lakerland, mr tirdinapunchbowl!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I think you must be 15 years old. We want Pau to have his number retired? I for one don't think he deserves that honor yet. 

I'm sorry but the Minneapolis guys and Michael Cooper are in line first. Gasol has a long way to go before he is in Coopers class in L.A. A very long way. In fact I'd put Bob McAdoo, Byron Scott and A.C. Green ahead of Gasol as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

We want Pau to have his number retired? I'm sorry but the Minneapolis guys and Michael Cooper are in line first. Gasol has a long way to go before he is in Coopers class in L.A. A very long way. 
    Posted by RUWorthy

What did you expect, KB24 was not yet born when Michael Cooper was playing. This troll is as old as Hannah Montana, The Movie. LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

LOL, neither was I but that doesn't excuse ignorance. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

LOL, neither was I but that doesn't excuse ignorance. 
    Posted by RUWorthy

RUPotapenko.....there are blogs on both Laker Nation and Laker Buzz both of which have Laker fans calling for the Spaniard to have his number retired. However, you being a celt fan growing up in a celt household (poor kid) would obviously not know this. Like I said to the other trolls, leave us to ponder the Lakers cause we're doing mighty fine. You celt fans must be desperate knowing that it's at least 20 years before you get another look in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

I guess it depends on your criteria.  To me, sustained excellence over time warrants a number being retired.  Obviously, people have different ideas on how much "time" is needed for a player to sustain his excellence.

But if you were to ask me, I would not support retiring the numbers of either Garnett or Ray Allen if they retired today simply because they haven't been with the Celtics long enough. 

If Gasol plays at his current level for a couple morte years, I could see how his number could be retired. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Play to his current level and continue to win championships. One more may do it for him. But still as some Laker fans suggest. To have Pau's number retired and not Shaq's is crazy talk.

If Boston wins the title this year, I'd expect Garnett to have his number retired in Boston. Ray, although I love his play won't get a look in. I think Garnett is chiefly responsible for the turn around in Boston.  

Sections
Shortcuts