once more...DOC KNOWS BEST...i too wanted barbosa in for terry yet....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: once more...DOC KNOWS BEST...i too wanted barbosa in for terry yet....

the idea of "doc knows best" is just a little rich after the precious and precocious point guard with the baloon head and baloon stat numbers goes down and suddenly the team comes to life.......  i don't believe in "doc knows best". 

if rondo was still here, terry would be in the throes of the worst slump of his career due to ball starvation and offensive set stagnation...  so doc doesn't really know best! he and danny had a long time to work w/ rondo and just said "screw it, let the kid run wild!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"so doc doesn't really know best! "

I agree - Doc & Ainge can't handle the big head Rondo and stuck with the same play over and over.  Rondo's bad knee give way to a new untap system......lucky for 4 of them guards, otherwise they are still in the sewer smelling like a dead fish. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Just play whichever one is hitting shots...that's their role. Keep it simple

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Well of course it's going to depend on do we need points? defense?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I still say it wasn't just Rondo. Doc and the big 3 have had much success as a unit so I think collectively they were dragging their feet blending new players into the system with the exception of Terry who they wanted to replace RA.  Neccessity has opened Doc and now the big 2 to change and it has had a huge positive impact, even Terry is playing better because now he is taking Jets shots not RAs shots. I think that we are playing the way many envisioned when we signed the collection of new players we did a more uptempo game. I don't think Rondo was ad libbing and not listening to Doc he was only focussing on the big 3 to do it all as was what he was being directed.

It is natural for people to not embrace change when they been doing pretty good doing it the "old way" , we 've all done it in our jobs,business ,even eating habits.  As talented as these guys are they're still people, just like us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

no way RR is back with this team.. period!

i kinda feel that way too...but none of us knows ainge next move. from the past, he gave us a players  we don't  even discuss & talk about in this forum.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Doc had sold his soul to Rondo and didn't have anywhere else to turn too. He couldn't turn the team back over to PP & KG and was left to let Rondo be the leader. Amongst the NBA he would've looked like a fool to give all control to anyone else besides Rondo.

It's the best thing that could've happened in Doc's favor. He wasn't going to ever sit Rondo or tell him to change his game and the rest of the team saw it and weren't playing to their ability. It was all about getting the ball to Rondo and let HIM make ALL the decisions on the court...if anyone questioned it (ahem RA) they were gone.

Doc learned something and I think it changes going forward. This is why I said I would move Rondo before the 2013 season starts.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts